What Did You Do To Your GT Today? - Page 1010 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #20181 of 20258 Old February 8th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Lemkau77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NE
Posts: 1,153
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
I got some new tires out on today with a new size and maybe I'm just going crazy, but it looks a little weird to me. Size is 285/35. Let me know what y'all think
Attachment 191625Attachment 191633Attachment 191641Attachment 191649


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Are you running a 10" wide rim? They seem narrower than I would expect with a 285

Your Ford is built to eat asphalt and clear its pipes with compacts - Summit Racing
Lemkau77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20182 of 20258 Old February 8th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 460
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemkau77 View Post
Are you running a 10" wide rim? They seem narrower than I would expect with a 285

Right? I thought I was going crazy. I feel like I am with every little issue going on with this car. Yes they are on a 10" wheel. I had to take it off today just to double check. I really think this car is making me go insane haha. He's a better reference for width
What Did You Do To Your GT Today?-imageuploadedbyag-free1486614259.383096.jpg


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Brandon08GT is offline  
post #20183 of 20258 Old February 9th, 2017, 04:45 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,624
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
I got some new tires out on today with a new size and maybe I'm just going crazy, but it looks a little weird to me. Size is 285/35. Let me know what y'all think
Attachment 191625Attachment 191633Attachment 191641Attachment 191649


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What size are those tires, 285/35/???


Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
07 Boss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20184 of 20258 Old February 9th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Lemkau77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NE
Posts: 1,153
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
Right? I thought I was going crazy. I feel like I am with every little issue going on with this car. Yes they are on a 10" wheel. I had to take it off today just to double check. I really think this car is making me go insane haha. He's a better reference for width
Attachment 191665


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My Tires are a 275 and they look wider than your 285s. I suppose it could be the rim. Did you buy the tires at a store or online? You might be able to exchange them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
What size are those tires, 285/35/???
I think he is running 18's from what I can tell.


Sorry this is the best picture I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-13-16-20-56.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	191673  

Your Ford is built to eat asphalt and clear its pipes with compacts - Summit Racing
Lemkau77 is offline  
post #20185 of 20258 Old February 9th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 460
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
They are 20's. I bought the tires off tire rack. They were 162 each and for the tire and size range, that was the best I could find anywhere.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Brandon08GT is offline  
post #20186 of 20258 Old February 10th, 2017, 02:38 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,624
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
They are 20's. I bought the tires off tire rack. They were 162 each and for the tire and size range, that was the best I could find anywhere.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Tire companies are weird and all determine size using different methods. I know Nittos run smaller than my MTs.. But it is the short sidewall that gives it a more pronounced stretch look. Same tire in a taller sidewall will look more subtle.

When looking up tires, always look on the companies charts. It will give you different actual measurements. My Hoosiers say 11.5" of width but that is measured through the thickest part of the bulge/sidewall. Actual tire tread width is closer to 10".


Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
07 Boss is offline  
post #20187 of 20258 Old February 10th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 460
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Tire companies are weird and all determine size using different methods. I know Nittos run smaller than my MTs.. But it is the short sidewall that gives it a more pronounced stretch look. Same tire in a taller sidewall will look more subtle.

When looking up tires, always look on the companies charts. It will give you different actual measurements. My Hoosiers say 11.5" of width but that is measured through the thickest part of the bulge/sidewall. Actual tire tread width is closer to 10".

That makes sense. I looked for over 4 months before finally deciding and I really thought I went the best with what I could afford. Overall, I am really happy though. It's been pouring here the last couple of days and these tires are great in standing water. The look is growing on me as well. I was used to my truck tire so having space in the fender well was strange. On the plus side, I'm not bottoming out as much on the highway anymore!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Brandon08GT is offline  
post #20188 of 20258 Old February 11th, 2017, 10:48 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,624
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
That makes sense. I looked for over 4 months before finally deciding and I really thought I went the best with what I could afford. Overall, I am really happy though. It's been pouring here the last couple of days and these tires are great in standing water. The look is growing on me as well. I was used to my truck tire so having space in the fender well was strange. On the plus side, I'm not bottoming out as much on the highway anymore!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App




You should check how centered your rear end is. I can run these tires if the rear is perfectly centered.


Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
07 Boss is offline  
post #20189 of 20258 Old February 11th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 460
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post








You should check how centered your rear end is. I can run these tires if the rear is perfectly centered.

I have, it's centered with the adj. panhard bar. I'm still planning on give you a buzz when I come out to Vegas later this month so maybe you will see differently in person. I'm terrible with taking pictures and everything is on an iPhone so maybe that makes a difference. I would like to go to the drag strip the Saturday night I am there if anything is going on.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Brandon08GT is offline  
post #20190 of 20258 Old February 11th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 45
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Drove it for an hour or so with the windows DOWN.....75* in February is just CRAZY but we LIKE it!!
Coosawjack is offline  
post #20191 of 20258 Old February 12th, 2017, 10:02 AM
MM Fanatic
 
oooo2stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 3,065
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Have had my bmr lowers & relocation brackets sitting in a box in the basement since Christmas. It was nice this weekend, but I found other things to do than lay on my back on the cold drive way and curse at my car.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv90/b5hobsons4/2006%20Mustang%20GT/10da490b-40e7-4152-a493-50c169a655b1_zpsed967b1f.jpg
Mac Long Tubes | O/R Prochamber | Bassani Race Axlebacks | Hurst | Bama 93 | 4.10's | K Springs | Koni's
oooo2stang is offline  
post #20192 of 20258 Old February 13th, 2017, 10:27 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,624
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coosawjack View Post
Drove it for an hour or so with the windows DOWN.....75* in February is just CRAZY but we LIKE it!!
I played golf in shorts last week.


Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
07 Boss is offline  
post #20193 of 20258 Old February 13th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 460
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
I played golf in shorts last week.

I'm jealous. Any good places to play that are reasonably priced? I'm bringing my clubs when I come out there. Might as well try to get a round in since I'll be there for a week.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Brandon08GT is offline  
post #20194 of 20258 Old February 13th, 2017, 01:29 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,624
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
I have, it's centered with the adj. panhard bar. I'm still planning on give you a buzz when I come out to Vegas later this month so maybe you will see differently in person. I'm terrible with taking pictures and everything is on an iPhone so maybe that makes a difference. I would like to go to the drag strip the Saturday night I am there if anything is going on.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
I'm jealous. Any good places to play that are reasonably priced? I'm bringing my clubs when I come out there. Might as well try to get a round in since I'll be there for a week.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Friday the 24th is Midnight Mayhem. Not sure if I'm gonna run as the car is having a couple of issues. Saturday, nothing going on. And Sunday is Jr Dragsters all day.

I pay anywhere between $40 and $65 to play gold with a locals ID. Out of towners get raped. I might be able to finagle Sunday off or a half day. How long are you going to be in town for?


Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
07 Boss is offline  
post #20195 of 20258 Old February 13th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 460
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Friday the 24th is Midnight Mayhem. Not sure if I'm gonna run as the car is having a couple of issues. Saturday, nothing going on. And Sunday is Jr Dragsters all day.



I pay anywhere between $40 and $65 to play gold with a locals ID. Out of towners get raped. I might be able to finagle Sunday off or a half day. How long are you going to be in town for?

I'll be there the 28th-5th. I'm military so I tend to find places that offer military discount.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Brandon08GT is offline  
post #20196 of 20258 Old February 14th, 2017, 10:20 PM
RAT FINK
 
ghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Clarksburg WV
Posts: 939
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Well, after some trial and error, I got my '11-14 style door panels mostly installed in my car (driver's side is in, passenger side is partially in, the panel was super warped so I'm leaving it on with the door shut for a couple days to see if it straightens back out a bit, nothing is hooked up).

I'd like to do a writeup on it, what would be the best place to post something like that?

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & catted H, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax, Brembos
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD
ghunt is offline  
post #20197 of 20258 Old February 15th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 460
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunt View Post
Well, after some trial and error, I got my '11-14 style door panels mostly installed in my car (driver's side is in, passenger side is partially in, the panel was super warped so I'm leaving it on with the door shut for a couple days to see if it straightens back out a bit, nothing is hooked up).

I'd like to do a writeup on it, what would be the best place to post something like that?

Probably just in the 2005-2009 section then have admin sticky it. I'd love to see pictures whenever you get a chance.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Brandon08GT is offline  
post #20198 of 20258 Old February 15th, 2017, 11:51 AM
RAT FINK
 
ghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Clarksburg WV
Posts: 939
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Hoping to take a couple pictures tonight. It was too dark last night and they weren't showing up very well. Still need a few pics for the writeup too.

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & catted H, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax, Brembos
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD
ghunt is offline  
post #20199 of 20258 Old February 16th, 2017, 09:22 AM
RAT FINK
 
ghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Clarksburg WV
Posts: 939
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Fuck. I took a bunch of pics as I was putting the passenger side panel on last night. Go looking for them on my phone this morning...nothing to be found anywhere. I have no clue what the hell happened to all those pictures. Sigh...

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & catted H, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax, Brembos
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD
ghunt is offline  
post #20200 of 20258 Old February 16th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 460
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunt View Post
Fuck. I took a bunch of pics as I was putting the passenger side panel on last night. Go looking for them on my phone this morning...nothing to be found anywhere. I have no clue what the hell happened to all those pictures. Sigh...

Gremlins. Always blame it on the gremlins.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Brandon08GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/218011-what-did-you-do-your-gt-today.html
Posted By For Type Date
Five in the corral : Mustang This thread Refback August 21st, 2013 01:40 PM
What Did You Do To Your GT Today? This thread Refback March 26th, 2013 06:09 AM
What Did You Do To Your GT Today? - Page 441 This thread Refback March 26th, 2013 06:09 AM
What Did You Do To Your GT Today? This thread Refback May 24th, 2012 10:42 AM
What Did You Do To Your GT Today? - Page 9 This thread Refback May 24th, 2012 10:41 AM
Free PSP ISO Downloads EUR PSP ISO & CSO Downloads This thread Refback May 2nd, 2012 10:23 AM
Popular parking lot for sale | Downtown Devil This thread Refback November 16th, 2011 02:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome