on3 turbo - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old December 15th, 2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
MM's unluckiest member

on3 turbo

On their website they list the 4V as a cobra 4V, I know the mach1 and 99-01 cobra have nearly the same engine so im assuming that this would be the kit I should order ? correct? also can anyone give me an estimate on what forged pistons and rods would cost and an average cost of installation ? I tried looking up MMR's prices, but I guess i'm either blind, or dumb, or both and couldn't find it. Also I have read on other threads there are certain pieces of the on3 turbo kit that people buy from other manufacturers due to reliability can some one clear that up for me with which pieces and whom I should order the parts from.
thanks in advance, reps for the help.

2003 Mach 1 - Bought back
1998 taurus - DD
2003 Sonic Blue whipple'd Cobra "Medusa" - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old December 15th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Enthusiast

On3 turbo kit+5.0 dohc stroker+Mach 1=??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
On3 Turbo Mach
And for forged parts, just go to MMR's site, click products on the left, then modular engine components, or shortblocks, whichever you are wanting, then a long list of everything they have will come up with prices on the right hand side.

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 - KB, Suspension, Bolt-ons.
497hp, 460tq.
post #3 of 13 Old December 15th, 2011, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
MM's unluckiest member

ok thanks for the forged pistons cost help, but can anyone confirm that the on3 turbo listed as the cobra 4v will work for the mach? Also an average cost for installation of the turbo and forged pistons/rods ?

1998 taurus - DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old December 15th, 2011, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
MM's unluckiest member

Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs yes?

1998 taurus - DD
post #5 of 13 Old December 15th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
It looks like it should, I believe the kit requires you to get an aftermarket k-member though.

1998 Mustang Cobra [Sold]
2000 Mustang Gt Built/Blown [Sold]

1995 Mustang Gt Built/Turbo [Part-Out]
1998 Mustang Gt Built 2v / Vortech V3 (Budget Blue)
post #6 of 13 Old December 15th, 2011, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
MM's unluckiest member

Nevermind I read a little further, sorry i'm not exactly completely here due to me being awake since 4 in the morning and working a 12 hr shift at the warehouse. This was at the bottom of the page:
Details for installing on Mach 1’s:
We have had a few customers do the install and has required the front shaker bracket to just be trimmed. The AC lines run right below the turbo but just tweaking them out of the way is no problem and will your hands. We have not done the install personally at the shop but customers have confirmed and as you see, successfully managed the install.
Here is a video of the Mach 1 on the dyno:

So the other parts i'll need are
- QA1 Kmember Kit including: K-Member, Tubular A-arms, and Coil-over kit $649 shipped
- On 3 Performance MAF kit (calibrated to specific injector size) $195
- Injectors: Ford Motorsport 42# Set of (8) $299 or Deka 60# Injector Set of (8) $349
- Bump Steer Kit
-forged pistons/rods
-tuner
and i'll be set right ?

1998 taurus - DD
post #7 of 13 Old December 17th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Enthusiast

if your going to forge it straight off, your going to need more fuel, matter of fact your going to need more fuel with just the kit as well. You need to get yourself an terminator gas tank and dual gt pumps AT LEAST. Then the 60lbs injectors will carry you as far as you can go non-forged, but if you up the boost you will need more injector and possibly a return style fuel system depending on your HP goals. For MAF i would go with a SCT BA-series, works great for me and my mach, and ill never need another on if i go higher. And you say 'tuner' you realize this thing is going to need to be dyno tuned on top of you buying a handheld correct? Also when you forge it your going to have a few hundred bucks wrapped up in just machine work as well. And i would also consider a better clutch (Mcleod RST for me, wiont need another one for a long time) and some tranny build work depending on how you drive it. After all that, your rearend becomes the weak link. pretty much anything over 500rwhp and you need to upgrade your whole driveline. and yes im aware of people that have 7million hp on there stock tranny and rear, but those are special cases where shit just hasnt broke yet. The On3 kit will come in cheaper than most kits, but you still have to source alot of parts, mainly MAF and fuel system, dont forget about those prices. I dont think your looking at the whole picture. If you buy the On3 kit without anything else, you will not a have a running car.

497hp, 460tq.
post #8 of 13 Old December 18th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Regular

Im in the same boat you are as far as these questions. I have a short list goin on:
On3Performance w/ upgraded MP 76mm turbo and essentials
Manley h beam with 22mm arp pins
diamond pistons
Lethal Performance Budget return fuel system
Lethat Performance Cobra Fuel tank
Evenflow cooling mod
31 spline diff and axels
Spec Stage 3+ Clutch

a couple other odds n ends for suspension but thats my list. Really only looking to run high 600 whp.

T70/Built
Awaiting for tuner.

Last edited by Black03Mach; December 18th, 2011 at 01:44 AM.
post #9 of 13 Old December 18th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Enthusiast

Good list so far Black03Mach. Have you considered a twin-disk clutch? I have a Mcleod RST in mine, and I love it. I will never drive a single disk again in a Mustang. The pedal feel is amazing, and the holding force is great as well. Little more pricey, but well worth it imho. Great choice on the return style system too. And maybe think about an Alum. flywheel while your in there.

497hp, 460tq.
post #10 of 13 Old December 18th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Regular

Never thought about the flywheel, but i am looking into tires that will provide enough bite on my 18x10 Saleens. And the rear suspension to put it down, so far I have Weld in Subframe connectors and a panhard bar. What else should I be looking at. Sorry for the thread hijack but this information is as good to you as it is me so.

T70/Built
Awaiting for tuner.
post #11 of 13 Old December 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast

I also run 18x10 rear saleens, i drive around with 555r's on them (305/35/18) and they work great for street driving with the occasional WOT pulls. For the track, I run et streets, and they handle everything well. Only suggest the flywheel b/c well, its all going to be apart anyways, lol. grab yourself some LCA's for sure, UCA's if you really want, adjustables so you can adjust pinion angle if need be. And you should be good on the rear. Im assuming you have, or are going to have, a tubualr K member, the on3 kit requires it. I have one, and got tubular a-arms and front coilovers at the same time. Maybe its just me, but when i do one thing, i want to do the rest of it while its all apart

497hp, 460tq.
post #12 of 13 Old December 18th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Regular

Yeah i heard that they are okay, but ive heard excellent things about the Toyo Proxies TQ. I dont really plan on launching the car very much at all but none the less the 285 Summer performance summitumos are absolutely worthless untill 3rd gear even with the 3xx horsepower i have now. Id like to keep my stock transmission but beef it up to handle at least 690ish whp while still keeping the cost low.

T70/Built
Awaiting for tuner.
post #13 of 13 Old December 18th, 2011, 10:11 PM
KCCO

MI paid $1800 for my rotating assembly through MMR. That's the 4.75 stroker rated to 1000hp. It is usually an additional $375 to have the stroker balanced but since I ordered so much from them, they gave it to me for the price of a stock stroke rotating assemble which was $150. That's on top of the $1800...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Centennial GT Project

My weakness becomes my weapon, and pain my pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCubersoldat View Post
I'll buy a Chevy before i go back to MMR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page