what should be done next? - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 Old May 24th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I like when it's shiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bob View Post
tires are alot of fun. can't dump the clutch at 5k rpms and just hook & go w/ street tires.
You won't be going far for long side stepping at 5k on drag radials.

Worthless Thread Founder

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old May 24th, 2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Mr.burton, I'm with everyone who voted cams! You already have a great setup as it is, especially with those 4.30 gears. They're just screaming for higher lift cams! Since you're with our Free Tunes for Life group, I think you'll really enjoy our Ford Racing Hot Rod cams. We can still touch up your tune for Free and you're looking at a 30+hp gain with the current mods you already have. From what you've posted I think this is exactly what you're looking for. Check out the Hot Rod cams on our site and see what you think!

Ford Racing Hot Rod Performance Mustang Camshafts (05-10 3V) M-6550-3V - Free Shipping!

Get back to me if you have any other questions. I'm always happy to help out a fellow forum member!

Shane
Thanks buddy! I might just get them, i gotta find someone to install them. I know the basics, but i don't feel good about doing cams myself. There's Mustang Magic which has a great rep here on long island, ny...gotta call em see how much they charge. I'm guessing install should be $600+ or just under a grand.
post #23 of 30 Old May 24th, 2012, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowatt! View Post
You won't be going far for long side stepping at 5k on drag radials.
Lol yeah. This is my daily driver, so i don't want to be doing that stuff lol. My goal is to be like 12.8-12.9 in the 1/4 with my current tires WITH cams installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 Old May 24th, 2012, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

BTW those Ford Hot Rod cams, what else do i need for installation? Any other parts i gotta order?
post #25 of 30 Old May 24th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I like when it's shiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.burton View Post
Lol yeah. This is my daily driver, so i don't want to be doing that stuff lol. My goal is to be like 12.8-12.9 in the 1/4 with my current tires WITH cams installed.
You should break into the 12s easily with a 2.0 60' even without cams. The Nitto 555 (not the 555R) is not the best tire for drag racing in my experience. I could pull better 60' times on the stock tires. If you can pull a 2.0 60' on street tires and not miss a powershift a sub 13 second time should be no problem. If your trapping 105 mph or higher you have a 12 second car. If your ET is higher than a 12.9 then you need a driver mod.

If your car is lowered it will hurt your ET.

Also if your gonna go with the Hot Rods, I'd make the 2.5 to 3 hour ride to CJ Pony Parts. I think the cams installed by CJ's is just under $1200.

Worthless Thread Founder

post #26 of 30 Old May 25th, 2012, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowatt! View Post
You should break into the 12s easily with a 2.0 60' even without cams. The Nitto 555 (not the 555R) is not the best tire for drag racing in my experience. I could pull better 60' times on the stock tires. If you can pull a 2.0 60' on street tires and not miss a powershift a sub 13 second time should be no problem. If your trapping 105 mph or higher you have a 12 second car. If your ET is higher than a 12.9 then you need a driver mod.

If your car is lowered it will hurt your ET.

Also if your gonna go with the Hot Rods, I'd make the 2.5 to 3 hour ride to CJ Pony Parts. I think the cams installed by CJ's is just under $1200.
Good info thanks man!!!
post #27 of 30 Old May 25th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.burton View Post
BTW those Ford Hot Rod cams, what else do i need for installation? Any other parts i gotta order?
Mr.burton, the only other requirement for these cams is Cam Phaser bolts. You have to replace these since they're torque to yield from the factory. If you want to pick up two (they're sold individually) here's a direct link!

Ford Mustang Cam Phaser Bolt (05-10 GT) 3L3Z-6279-DA - Free Shipping!

Let me know if there's anything else I can do. You're going to love these cams if you decide to go with them!

Shane
post #28 of 30 Old May 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Mr.burton, the only other requirement for these cams is Cam Phaser bolts. You have to replace these since they're torque to yield from the factory. If you want to pick up two (they're sold individually) here's a direct link!

Ford Mustang Cam Phaser Bolt (05-10 GT) 3L3Z-6279-DA - Free Shipping!

Let me know if there's anything else I can do. You're going to love these cams if you decide to go with them!

Shane
Thank you Sir!! Yeah i called Mustang Magic (they have a great rep near me) and they also told me about the bolts, and they have them in stock. They quoted me $540 in labor which aint bad. Now i just have to grab both my nuts and just order the cams lol. Thanks again Shane.
post #29 of 30 Old May 26th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Enthusiast

Burton, I don't know where you live but I got my hot rod cams from CJ Pony Parts for $1050 for all parts and labor. They did my lca's and cams in about 3 1/2 hours. And at that price, it's like paying $300 for labor. Their shop is is Harrisburg PA.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

JLT CAI / Bama 93 / 4.10ís / CMDPís / UDPís / Hot Rod Cams / Full MAC Exhaust / Magnaflow HF Cats / MGW Shifter
Eibach Prokit / Tokico Struts / BMR Adj. PHB & LCA's / CHE K-Member Brace / Prothane Mounts / Bullitt Dash / Some Exterior Stuff
post #30 of 30 Old May 26th, 2012, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Thunder View Post
Burton, I don't know where you live but I got my hot rod cams from CJ Pony Parts for $1050 for all parts and labor. They did my lca's and cams in about 3 1/2 hours. And at that price, it's like paying $300 for labor. Their shop is is Harrisburg PA.

2007 Mustang GT/CS - Full MAC Exhaust, Hot Rod Cams - YouTube

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I pm'd you......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/263598-what-should-done-next.html
Posted By For Type Date
what should be done next? This thread Refback May 24th, 2012 11:43 AM
what should be done next? This thread Refback May 24th, 2012 11:43 AM