Help! Mustang won't start, anti theft mode???? - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 Old June 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Lol it's always The last place you look. Just half bracketed the ignition schematic and traced it to a blown starter relay fuse. Just glad ford doesn't get to touch her! Thanks for your help though guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old June 10th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Regular

Glad u got it figured out

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #23 of 29 Old June 11th, 2012, 12:50 AM
2011 September ROTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2jayjay View Post
k well hurry and try what i posted before i head out to work on my car. i want to see if what i wrote fixes your problem
that doesn't program the keys, only the fob. the key is only programmable by the dealer

F1a Procharger 14psi, MMR 900, Tr6060, Remote tuned by Ray Mcclelland = Daily Driver
Numbers coming soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 Old June 11th, 2012, 12:51 AM
2011 September ROTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotek View Post
Lol it's always The last place you look. Just half bracketed the ignition schematic and traced it to a blown starter relay fuse. Just glad ford doesn't get to touch her! Thanks for your help though guys
i was oh so close.

F1a Procharger 14psi, MMR 900, Tr6060, Remote tuned by Ray Mcclelland = Daily Driver
Numbers coming soon
post #25 of 29 Old June 11th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho bob
always look at the easiest things first. fuses & relays

my newest toy

post #26 of 29 Old June 11th, 2012, 06:23 AM
.//Animosity

Mine does something similar. If i lock the car with the key or from the inside rhen leave and come back the alarm will go off and go intp security. And let me tell you the only fix ive found is the key fob. Ive been stranded cause of that shit.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #27 of 29 Old May 29th, 2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2jayjay View Post
you can try to reprogram your keys. stick you key in the ignation and turn it on and off 8(if 8 dont work then its 10) times within 4(you could have more time but you need to do this fast) secs while holding the lock button and your car will reprogram itself. then take the clicker and lock your car. wait 2-3 seconds and unlock you car then start it.

i had the same problem when i lost my clicker and was driving the car without one. randomly one day the car wouldnt start and ford was being gay about the whole thing and wanted 350 just to check the car out.

it took me a week of researching to figure this out, oh yea one last thing, you can barrow someone else clicker (if you lost yours or if your batteries are dead) to see if it works. just make sure your cars are not close when you are reprogramming them
What year model is this on? I have a 1998 Cobra that wont start (most of the time) becasue the anti theft light flashed rapidly...but if you fool with it long enough turning the key on and off sometime the anti theft light goes off and car starts right up
post #28 of 29 Old May 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Turbo > blower

Well a fuse doesn't just blow on it's own.... You should probably start investigating what caused that fuse to go, could be something about to go out.
post #29 of 29 Old September 14th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Look Ma! My First Post!

2009 ford mustang security issues.

I have a 2009 Mustang doing the same thing, the anti theft light flashes really fast, it has been at the dealer for two weeks even with their machine they cant fix it. lucky for me I just bought the car and they promised to fix it. is there a solution? I'm finding out the ford dealer isn't very smart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/265705-help-mustang-wont-start-anti-theft-mode.html
Posted By For Type Date
Car Just Died, Need Opinions *Vid Up* - Off Topic - Random, Misc posts - the forum "Junk Drawer" - SMD Forum This thread Refback April 3rd, 2014 04:21 AM
Car Just Died, Need Opinions - Off Topic - Random, Misc posts - the forum "Junk Drawer" - SMD Forum This thread Refback March 26th, 2014 02:24 PM