installed lots of new parts including DS, weird noise on decel...HELP!!!!!!
Ok, so here is the list of parts I installed on my 2013 mustang gt prem, 3.73 gears, brembo package...just over 250 miles.
- DSS one piece alum. DS
- J&M extreme extreme LCA's (spherical bushing)
- BMR LCA relocation bracket
- BMR adjustable PHB (poly bushings)
- Eibach front and rear sways
- Tokico D-spec shocks and struts
- Steed sport extreme lowering springs
- Steeda SS brake lines
- MGW shifter
- Steeda heavy duty front strut mounts
Ok, so some things that I think could maybe causing it...
1. The DS in general could be bad
--I did the measuring as it stated and it was just with in spec
--I used a TQ wrench to TQ to specified to the 57 ft lbs, but its not the best tq wrench so they may be under of over tightened...not sure how much worry that should cause me?
-- I also did not install the upper adjustable UCA, because I was told it was not needed due to the drive shaft having a CV joint at the rear, so it compensates no problem
-- I can tell you, even though the DS was in spec for the cv side measurement...I did have to close about an inch at the tranny side...I figured that was probably normal, because it allows for the instal.
2. I swapped out the SS lines...and to my dismay of not paying attention while the swapping was going on, I took the master cylinder dry...I filled and bled the brakes via the 2 person method, person pumping brakes while I opened each valve and cleared the bubbles (I filled the MC, and then started at passenger rear, then driver rear, then passenger front, driver right. the first time I did until there were no bubbles at all, and repeated the process for good measure, still no bubbles. On the brembos, I did the inside valve first and then the outer). I mention this, becase I believe I have read that the brake system shares itself with the transmission, so I am not sure if I messed something up terribly?
-- I also used ATE super blue DOT 4 (which I know is not stock, but from everything I read its perfectly fine.
here is the situation...
once done, I took it for a 5 min drive, up to 50 mph (city/rural roads) and no issues that I could feel or hear...there was some noticeable feel in the pedals, the shifter and the ride...maybe slight vibration...but I chalked it all up to the newer stiffer suspension parts...did not seem excessive or anything. Went back to my buddies house (where I did all the installing) to clean up and on my drive home about 15 mins I noticed that on deceleration that it started to make a very audible noise...
The noise seems to sound like metal rubbing while spinning at the same time...not high pitch and does not sound like grinding at all...but I guess it could be. It does not do it parked in idel or when on the throttle...I think I may have started to feel some more vibration at this point...
My first thought is the DS, but why would it not do it on all driving, just on deceleration and with the clutch in...so I am lost right now and any experience or info, would be awesome!!!!!!!
* Also, I am not a little freaked that the DS is going to snap and come through the floor bad and take my legs off...or that its going to mess up with the tranny or the rear end...
Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App