What did you do to your 5.0 today? - Page 388 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7741 of 10632 Old August 9th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Biz Jet Fixer

Send a message via Yahoo to jdos1
The sound worn break pads make?

Or more of a whoosh of hydraulic fluid? Does it only do it while moving or also while stationary.

Aren't you up there in mileage too? Check your pads. I had to replace my fronts around 70k miles IIRC. My rears at 90ishK but only because the left rear outer was sticking and wore down to the pad base.

2011 5.0 6MT, 3.73, Amsoil SS 10w-30 & MTG, Borla S Type A/B, DSS Alum Driveshaft, AirAid CAI, MGW Shifter, BBR Billet LCAs, FRPP Strut Brace, BMR Springs/Adj Panhard/LCA relos/Adj UCA, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Tuned by AED!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7742 of 10632 Old August 9th, 2015, 11:01 PM
11.5:1 or GTFO

My car is too loud for me to hear it when I am driving. I'll check the pads this week. I'm at like 74,600 or something, I forget. If I need new pads, probably just gonna go ahead and put new rotors on it as well. I mean, it still stops harder than what my 2v did with Hawk HPS pads, as well as DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors.

I'm pretty sure the pads are on their way though now that I think about it. The sound makes sense for that, and when I hit them hard the other night when I clipped a deer (luckily no damage), I could tell they weren't stopping as hard as it was when I got the car.

03 Mustang GT- Traded
2011 Premium Kona Blue 5.0: On3 Twin 60s
2006 Blue Granite Silverado 1500: Leveled, Fuels, 33s

Instagram: treysonm
post #7743 of 10632 Old August 9th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Biz Jet Fixer

I just replaced my fronts with new take off rotors from Roush's ebay. The rears with cheap AC Delcos from Rockauto.

I'm running Hawk HPS's on all 4 corners.

2011 5.0 6MT, 3.73, Amsoil SS 10w-30 & MTG, Borla S Type A/B, DSS Alum Driveshaft, AirAid CAI, MGW Shifter, BBR Billet LCAs, FRPP Strut Brace, BMR Springs/Adj Panhard/LCA relos/Adj UCA, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Tuned by AED!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7744 of 10632 Old August 9th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Canon Gang

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotard View Post
My car is too loud for me to hear it when I am driving. I'll check the pads this week. I'm at like 74,600 or something, I forget. If I need new pads, probably just gonna go ahead and put new rotors on it as well. I mean, it still stops harder than what my 2v did with Hawk HPS pads, as well as DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors.

I'm pretty sure the pads are on their way though now that I think about it. The sound makes sense for that, and when I hit them hard the other night when I clipped a deer (luckily no damage), I could tell they weren't stopping as hard as it was when I got the car.
should've got brembos bro

Maximum Motorsports - Bilstein - Hypercoils - Aerocatch - UPR - Steeda - Hawk - Jegs - Eibach - SR Performance - Mishimoto - DDM - Bassani

post #7745 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdos1 View Post
I just replaced my fronts with new take off rotors from Roush's ebay. The rears with cheap AC Delcos from Rockauto.

I'm running Hawk HPS's on all 4 corners.
Just did a cart up on LMR for some StopTech slotted rotors and Wilwood ProMatrix pads. Might have to order them this week before class starts back up next Monday. The sound I was describing seems to also be on only the right side.

Might also be getting the windshield tinted this Friday if price isn't bad. Calling tomorrow morning to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
should've got brembos bro
Naw. I wanted them bad, but really only for the wheels. I don't have a use for the Brembo's lol.

03 Mustang GT- Traded

post #7746 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 01:08 AM
Canon Gang

Garage
Yeah I've driven a non brembo car and I didn't notice much difference really. Hell whitey might even out-stop my silver car lol

Maximum Motorsports - Bilstein - Hypercoils - Aerocatch - UPR - Steeda - Hawk - Jegs - Eibach - SR Performance - Mishimoto - DDM - Bassani

post #7747 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 01:58 AM
Regular

EVERYONE has a use for brembos, there's no such thing as brakes that are too good.

And FWIW, After going from my dads 06 3v with Hawk pads and slotted rotors to my brembo car, i can tell you there's definitely a difference.

Do I need it for daily driver duty? Nah, but they are nice to have haha. Already have saved my ass once with a deer jumping out in front of me. Plus who doesn't like the brembo logo peeking out from the wheels? haha.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote:
My car has developed a squeak, in which I don't know where it is coming from. I may set the car on fire.
Jeez, it's a good thing you don't have a Jeep lol.

2013 Mustang GT, Recaro, Brembo, DIB, Borla S Type, Borla OTA, Brembo50 springs
post #7748 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 09:15 AM

I love Jeeps. I really want an XJ for a daily, actually. My friend/co-worker has one and you're right, it is a noise machine. From the locker, which I actually like that sound, to the squeak that can't be found I would love an older Wrangler but people ask way too much money for them.

03 Mustang GT- Traded

post #7749 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by croppz View Post
EVERYONE has a use for brembos, there's no such thing as brakes that are too good.

And FWIW, After going from my dads 06 3v with Hawk pads and slotted rotors to my brembo car, i can tell you there's definitely a difference.

Do I need it for daily driver duty? Nah, but they are nice to have haha. Already have saved my ass once with a deer jumping out in front of me. Plus who doesn't like the brembo logo peeking out from the wheels? haha.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

WRONG! Brembos arent the best thing out there for everyone. Brembos are crap for any auto X. Big brembo brake= tons of heat= massive amounts of break fade at a steep rate. Small rotors and good pads= less heat= faster heat dissipation= more break bite during small courses. if its a road course where your at high speeds and there are longer periods between hard breaking then yes, get brembos or a much better big brake system, but if your in auto x, where your 100% throttle then 100% break with no inbetween. a smaller rotor with a good pad is the way to go. dont listen to everything they try to sell you. its literally science.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote:
I love Jeeps. I really want an XJ for a daily, actually. My friend/co-worker has one and you're right, it is a noise machine. From the locker, which I actually like that sound, to the squeak that can't be found I would love an older Wrangler but people ask way too much money for them.
I had a TJ before my 5.0 and miss it every day

RIP buddy

2011 5.0

Eibach Pro-Dampers
H&R Super Sports
Magnaflow Competition Axle-Back
:fiveohnation
:KBmustangregistry
:@konabluebryar

post #7750 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2012 wrangler unlimited, it's just as much fun to drive as the mustang.
post #7751 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 11:43 AM

My aunt and uncle have a TJ that I wish they would let me buy haha. I drove it around a lot for a few days since they let me take it out and I fell in love. Driving it around with the top and doors off on backroads with some buddies was so much fun.

20140718_185607 by Treyson M, on Flickr

I want to buy it, level it, wheels/tires and drive the shit out of it.

Just made an appointment to get my windshield tinted Friday. 30%.

03 Mustang GT- Traded

post #7752 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

sick! i didnt know we could have our windsheild tinted here in IL.. at least the guy who does my windows (who is the retired police general) said that we couldnt but he will happily throw 20% on all your windows when the legal limit is 35% lol.

The jeep was so much fun to drive. I ultimately got rid of it because it was an auto and only had 70k miles and already ate through the tranny and was feeling like it was about to chew the second up.. so i traded it for the 5.0 haha

2011 5.0

Eibach Pro-Dampers
H&R Super Sports
Magnaflow Competition Axle-Back
:fiveohnation
:KBmustangregistry
:@konabluebryar

post #7753 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 12:20 PM

Yeah, it's not legal haha. But neither is my 20% tint, tinted tails, exhaust, etc... So it's whatever. I also run no front plate. Hopefully I don't get pulled over, they could really fuck me hard

Should look sick though. I have 20 on the sides, wish I would have went with 10 though. Couple of my friends have 5 all around on their trucks and it's nasty.

03 Mustang GT- Traded

post #7754 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Obsessed Detailer

Gonna try to drive my car today, been about 9 days since its moved, but it did get driven like 160 miles on that day lol.

My dealer (car) buddy just found me a 1999 Vw Golf TDI- which is EXACTLY what i wanted to replace the focus. 50+MPGs is gonna be NICE with the 25k+ miles a year i drive lol

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Just did a cart up on LMR for some StopTech slotted rotors and Wilwood ProMatrix pads. Might have to order them this week before class starts back up next Monday. The sound I was describing seems to also be on only the right side.

Might also be getting the windshield tinted this Friday if price isn't bad. Calling tomorrow morning to see.

Naw. I wanted them bad, but really only for the wheels. I don't have a use for the Brembo's lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Yeah I've driven a non brembo car and I didn't notice much difference really. Hell whitey might even out-stop my silver car lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by croppz View Post

+1, for daily regular use, of course big brembos dont make a huge difference, but if you gotta shave off some serious speed at high speed (100+) or if you have to get in the brakes repeatedly, having them is a huge plus. Theyve been shown to be very very capable setups once the stock pads are changed out for something with a bit more temp range and bite.

I dont do it very often, almost never, but ive gotten hard on my brakes from 130-140mph just a couple times and they did GREAT considering my pads are still factory lol. With some hawks im sure it would have been even better.

Always Clean Crew Founder Detailed Reflections LLC
2012 Brembo GT Premium|3.73|Magnaflow O/R TruX & Comp CB|Airaid CAI|Lund Tuned|CHE|Whiteline
1999 Vw Golf TDI D.D.
2003 Mach 1 - Sold
2003 Mach 1 - RIP
1989 LX 5.0 - Sold
2003 Sixxer - Sold
post #7755 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Enthusiast

Cars on stands waiting for the Wastegate and smaller pulley. Also removing the seats tonight. New seats will arrive tomorrow.

17 Golf R
11 5.0 Prem|RXT|Vortech 3.33|Lund|WstGate 9.7psi|JLT|BAP|ID1000|Stoptech ST-40|3:55|MGW+BFR|DSS|F14 20x9&10.5|MPSS 275/295|GC Coilovers|TR Hood|JPC BOV|BMR Full Sus|ARH LT/Catted H to GT500|NRG Seats & Rear Seat Del|Boss Stuff|Spkrs
post #7756 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Biz Jet Fixer

will roll 100k within an hour
kdaly1 likes this.

post #7757 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Obsessed Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdos1 View Post
will roll 100k within an hour
I think I'm about to roll over 38k lol

Always Clean Crew Founder Detailed Reflections LLC
2012 Brembo GT Premium|3.73|Magnaflow O/R TruX & Comp CB|Airaid CAI|Lund Tuned|CHE|Whiteline
1999 Vw Golf TDI D.D.
2003 Mach 1 - Sold
2003 Mach 1 - RIP
1989 LX 5.0 - Sold
2003 Sixxer - Sold
post #7758 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 01:30 PM
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaly1 View Post
Cars on stands waiting for the Wastegate and smaller pulley. Also removing the seats tonight. New seats will arrive tomorrow.
I cant wait to see your car Saturday!

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedMach View Post
I think I'm about to roll over 38k lol
2k miles in 10 months!
kdaly1 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
How did this gorilla stuff even get started in a thread about me taking it hard in the ass?
post #7759 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by levithomas View Post
2k miles in 10 months!
That is ridiculous. How is that even possible, even driving to car shows I'd accrue more than that I would think. Or just taking the lady out on the town would net me more than that. lol I wish mine had a lot less miles on it.

17 Golf R
11 5.0 Prem|RXT|Vortech 3.33|Lund|WstGate 9.7psi|JLT|BAP|ID1000|Stoptech ST-40|3:55|MGW+BFR|DSS|F14 20x9&10.5|MPSS 275/295|GC Coilovers|TR Hood|JPC BOV|BMR Full Sus|ARH LT/Catted H to GT500|NRG Seats & Rear Seat Del|Boss Stuff|Spkrs
post #7760 of 10632 Old August 10th, 2015, 02:52 PM
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaly1 View Post
That is ridiculous. How is that even possible, even driving to car shows I'd accrue more than that I would think. Or just taking the lady out on the town would net me more than that. lol I wish mine had a lot less miles on it.
how many miles is on yours? and we normally drive my daily driver everywhere we go, or her car, and most cars shows are within 15 miles from me. And the church I go to is having their yearly car show at the end of September its usually a really good show, and its don't by donations to enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
How did this gorilla stuff even get started in a thread about me taking it hard in the ass?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/290734-what-did-you-do-your-5-0-today.html
Posted By For Type Date
Throttle body spacer - anyone fitted one ? - Nissan Forum This thread Refback September 20th, 2014 08:25 PM