Biggest tire size for 17x8? - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 Old April 29th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vGts View Post
No you can't a 315 wont fit, the bead doesn't seal, did the op say he was gonna be carving corners I don't think he said that
Did somebody piss in your Cheerios this morning?

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old April 29th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Enthusiast

Lol no I just think its funny when people say no, but this has been discussed time and time again and hundreds of people have ran them without issues ive yet to see someone say they had something bad happen with the 275s on a 8 inch rim. Everyone who's run them has loved them. It buldges no more then people running 315s on a 10 inch rim.

Also you just go off of what you think you know, not what you actually know. Its people like you with just opinions that puts wrong information on the forums, just a little annoying that's all.
post #23 of 30 Old April 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Lol no I just think its funny when people say no, but this has been discussed time and time again and hundreds of people have ran them without issues ive yet to see someone say they had something bad happen with the 275s on a 8 inch rim. Everyone who's run them has loved them. It buldges no more then people running 315s on a 10 inch rim.

Also you just go off of what you think you know, not what you actually know. Its people like you with just opinions that puts wrong information on the forums, just a little annoying that's all.
Are you kidding? I never once said you can't run a 275, I just said it's not the proper tire for a 17x8. Get your story straight before you start telling me what I don't know. My opinions are based on facts and I know the majority of the members on here agree that a 275 IS NOT the proper tire size for a 17x8 wheel, and they would also suggest getting a 17x9 if you want to run a 275 correctly.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 Old April 29th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Still slow.

I only have 245's on the rear of my 17x8's, I wouldn't go any wider without 9's. I'm sure you could fit 265's but myself I wouldn't do that on my wheels.
post #25 of 30 Old April 29th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
Are you kidding? I never once said you can't run a 275, I just said it's not the proper tire for a 17x8. Get your story straight before you start telling me what I don't know. My opinions are based on facts and I know the majority of the members on here agree that a 275 IS NOT the proper tire size for a 17x8 wheel, and they would also suggest getting a 17x9 if you want to run a 275 correctly.
He is just one of those idiots that thinks he is a know it all and everyone else doesn't know what they are talking about.
post #26 of 30 Old April 29th, 2013, 06:32 PM
a.k.a. Racecougar

OP, this would be the drama I referred to previously.

Rod @ AzzKicker Cars

2004 Ford Mustang GT-The Driver-BBK CAI, PP TB & Inlet, Steeda UD's, SLP LM1, & 3.73's.
1990 Mercury Cougar XR7-The Meth Addict-5.0L DOHC Stroker w/2.1L KB SC.
1995 Ford F150-Mud Toy-5.0L, 4x4, 33's, & Warn 8274 Winch
post #27 of 30 Old April 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
He is just one of those idiots that thinks he is a know it all and everyone else doesn't know what they are talking about.

I've been around them long enough to know what I'm talking about.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
No your right you said its not safe but as I've said they are perfectly fine for dd, I dd these tires for 2 years almost no isses, but since you know all about tires why don't you yell me what all the ratings are for tires, and be truthful cause ill bet your tires are unsafe for some type of weather condition.
post #28 of 30 Old April 29th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Nice paint job
I've been around them long enough to know what I'm talking about.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

No your right you said its not safe but as I've said they are perfectly fine for dd, I dd these tires for 2 years almost no isses, but since you know all about tires why don't you yell me what all the ratings are for tires, and be truthful cause ill bet your tires are unsafe for some type of weather condition.
Yes, my tires would be unsafe on ice along with any other Mustang on any other tire. My tires are safe in every other condition, rain, snow, hot, cold, drag racing, auto-x, road racing, and up to 168mph. You just need to shut up, the more you say the dumber you sound.

If you were so smart mr. master mechanic, you would know that when you put a 275 on a 17x8, the bulge doesn't allow the entire tread width to contact the ground, therefore you are not able to utilize the entire tire, which means there really isn't that much of a gain in traction.

Get on the phone and start calling tire stores, ask them their opinion. Most of them will say the same thing. I know some stores will not even mount a tire on the incorrect wheel based on manufacturer specs, or if they do, they won't warrantee anything on the tire. Call any tire company and they will tell you a 275/40-17 should be mounted on at least a 9" wheel.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #29 of 30 Old April 29th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast

Lol ok I'm done arguing with the inferior.

Op imo you'll be fine and traction will be better also nittos run a little bit small to
post #30 of 30 Old April 30th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Priest of the Car Gods

And we're done. This has turned into nothing but a dick-swinging contest.

Function > Form, always
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page