Help a Coyote Virgin out! - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Help a Coyote Virgin out!

Hey folks, I just got a 2014 GT... Love it! It's the 6 speed Manual/3.55 rear with Brembo's.

Now i'm coming from an 05 GT with 4.30's/Alum DS/Steeda Sport Shifter/JLT intake/Bama Race tune/UDP's/CMDP's/lowered 1.5inches/Adj Panhard/Strut Brace/Complete with Nitto 555's 255 40 18 front and 285 35 18 out back.

This car is a whole nother animal!!! Everything feels great, rubbery smooth amd cozy.

It's very comfy and the 6 speed shifts very good. I only have 250 miles on it and last night I kinda put her through hell for the first time.

Help me out here......

I'm having a hard time with launching. I hold the RPM's at 3,000 and slowly let out the clutch and I apply the gas. Bog bog bog! It picks up like a Raped Ape once it hits 4,000rpms...but it's really slow off the line.

Another thing...

It feels like the engine is running out of steam/hp around 6,500rpms? Today I banged 1st through 4th. It was awesome chirping 3rd and 4th! I thought these Coyote's pulled to 7,000rpms like a frieght train?

I'm trying to be easy on her for the first 1,000 miles but WOW it's too much fun with this car...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Boss 302

your pretty much spot on, most of my runs on the dyno with just a cai and o/r pipe the car really only made power to about 6800. Stock 6500 sounds pretty true.

Now I have the boss mani and she pulls hard all the way to 7800.

for launches, are you turning TC off? if so are you turning it completely off or just hitting the button once?

Also, you probably are experiencing the lovely wheel hop. The control arms have some really nice rubber bushings that allow the back end to bounce all over the place .
post #3 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast

Get it tuned, problem solved. Go with AED preferably or Bama for the time being til you get enough mods to actually benefit from a serious tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee!
Dude if you had a vagina I would end you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:15 AM
MM elder

it will loosten up a little once it gets a few more miles.

MM BRACKET RACING CREW CO-FOUNDER

2012 300a GT A6......10.78 @ 124.........sold

2014 301a GT A6.............12.73 @ 112........d/r only
post #5 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:15 AM
SlowFiveOh

Needs a tune!

And be sure to run good fuel in it

2013 5.0 / Roush TVS 82mm / VMP Twin 67mm TB / ID1000's /JPC Longtubes / Kooks AB's / 1 piece aluminum DS / BMR Suspension + Strange struts/shocks
Instagram ~ @slowfiveoh
post #6 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Bo Baustin

Garage
I think you are used to that insane gear in your last car for the bogging issues..

Enjoy your car man.
post #7 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
your pretty much spot on, most of my runs on the dyno with just a cai and o/r pipe the car really only made power to about 6800. Stock 6500 sounds pretty true.

Now I have the boss mani and she pulls hard all the way to 7800.

for launches, are you turning TC off? if so are you turning it completely off or just hitting the button once?

Also, you probably are experiencing the lovely wheel hop. The control arms have some really nice rubber bushings that allow the back end to bounce all over the place .
Yeah TC is off all the time...

Where do these cars launch best (3.55 equiped)? I'm guessing I need to just keep it at 4,000 and launch. It's tricky. My 05 clutch was very heavy and it felt like I was shifting a heavy truck. I still don't know what clutch the previous owner installed.

This car is COMPLETELY OPPOSITE from my old car. I love it though. My 05 didn't get traction till 3rd..... This car actually Hooks and doesn't waste time burning rubber like my old car.

post #8 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast

Make sure you're turning off the TC all the way though. Foot down on the brake and hold down the TC for about 5 seconds til it says, "ADVANCETRAC OFF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee!
Dude if you had a vagina I would end you
post #9 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_ View Post
I think you are used to that insane gear in your last car for the bogging issues..

Enjoy your car man.
Yeah man. That car hung with an Evo and Sti as they launched. Fun ride but time to move on.

Btw I forgot to mention that 05 has Jba Long tubes H pipe and High flow cats and no mufflers. Beastly!

I can't wait to get rid of these stock mufflers! Fuck I can't hear the engine and i'm fucking up my rev matching.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDEAFBRO? View Post
Make sure you're turning off the TC all the way though. Foot down on the brake and hold down the TC for about 5 seconds til it says, "ADVANCETRAC OFF"
Oh crap I knew I was missing something! I normally just press the TC button once.

post #10 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Regular

press traction control once for traction off; double tap it for sport mode; press brake and hold the button 8 seconds for all the way off....well as much as ford will allow anyhow; from what i understand some torque management still stays.
post #11 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!

Send a message via Yahoo to RZNCAIN
Thought this was going to be a beastiality thread. I am dissappoint.

2007 Shelby GT- Hardparked
1988 LX 5.0- Umm...Driver?

post #12 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:57 AM
the U of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.burton View Post
Oh crap I knew I was missing something! I normally just press the TC button once.
yep, there's your problem. Do what these guys said and hold the brake and button for 5 seconds then give her another rip.

2011 GT | M6 | Brembo | 3.73 | Sterling Grey Metallic | Bravado Tributes | MPSS | BMR Suspension | MGW Race Spec | Mach 500 + Lightened Flywheel | Lund Tune | Ported Boss IM | Steeda CAI | Jegs Cat Deletes | GT-500s | M50A1 Long Block | MT-82 #2
post #13 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyboy928 View Post
yep, there's your problem. Do what these guys said and hold the brake and button for 5 seconds then give her another rip.
I'll report back to yall tomorrow! Looking forward to drive this car like it was stolen!

post #14 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
TOMORROW !!!!!!!

I thought that thing kept you up at nights.

Tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
I like MM though. It's a mustang forum, and, the only one I know of where I could tell you to fuck off.. or to suck my dick. Or, to tell you you have a small penis or that I fucked your mom last night and it's ok.
post #15 of 29 Old July 29th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Enthusiast

mr.burton,

Congrats on your new GT! If turning the traction control off doesn't reduce enough hesitation for you, then a custom tune will do the job. Our Bama custom tunes really wake up these 4v 5.0's, which is hard to believe because they come very rowdy stock. So, when you want to kick it up a notch, look no farther!

Shane
post #16 of 29 Old July 30th, 2013, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Thanks everyone!

Today I disabled the Advanctrac etc and traction. The car didn't feel any different except the steering wasa bit stiffer. I love the Comfort setting in the steering lol. Driving home I just set the steering to that and turned traction off only.

The best launch I did was keep the RPM's at around 4,000 and release the clutch slowly. I have 3.55's so this gets the rear 255's to the point where they are spinning slightly but NO BOG!
So far I love this car, the only complaint is how quiet it is. I keep under revving downshifts when rev matching because I can't HEAR the engine/exhaust. First mod will be axleback. I wanted the Flowmaster Outlaws....but IDK. I want more sound just to hear it. I don't want to be a COP Magnet like how my old car was.

Thanks again yall!

post #17 of 29 Old July 30th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Regular

nice car looks familiar

Do you even lift bro

AED Tune. Cobra jet intake. Rev auto CAI. Lethal X pipe. Eibach Sportlines. 20% Tint.
post #18 of 29 Old July 30th, 2013, 01:01 AM
SlowFiveOh

Choose wisely with an axle-back. Especially if you even "think" you might delete the cats later on. If you buy something loud, its gonna be really f*cking loud with an o/r pipe lol

Biased opinion, but I love my gt500's

2013 5.0 / Roush TVS 82mm / VMP Twin 67mm TB / ID1000's /JPC Longtubes / Kooks AB's / 1 piece aluminum DS / BMR Suspension + Strange struts/shocks
Instagram ~ @slowfiveoh
post #19 of 29 Old July 30th, 2013, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Choose wisely with an axle-back. Especially if you even "think" you might delete the cats later on. If you buy something loud, its gonna be really f*cking loud with an o/r pipe lol

Biased opinion, but I love my gt500's
My plans to mod this car are simple...

Make it sound good, add some exterior things here and there. MAYBE lower it. Power wise i'm ok with it. It is my Daily Driver so it will see Snow aswell. The 255 skinny tires should perform better then my old car which had 285 Nitto's out back. I drove that car in 6 inches of snow lol. Fun fun!

post #20 of 29 Old July 30th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.burton View Post
My plans to mod this car are simple...

Make it sound good, add some exterior things here and there. MAYBE lower it. Power wise i'm ok with it. It is my Daily Driver so it will see Snow aswell. The 255 skinny tires should perform better then my old car which had 285 Nitto's out back. I drove that car in 6 inches of snow lol. Fun fun!
lol...I give you a month...and your attitude of the car has enough power will change 100%.

I second being careful with the axlebacks. What sounds good with the cats on, like the roush, sounds so bad without the cats it isn't funny. I'd rather listen to a farting tin can honda than have that combo on my car ever again.

Make sure you 100% want to leave the cats before an axle back like the roush. If not look at something muffler based. Borla, Corsa, gt500, etc. if you'd like the nice power gains from removing the cats but don't want the cops after you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page