Service AdvanceTrac after Uploading Bama Tune - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

Exclamation Service AdvanceTrac after Uploading Bama Tune

So I have a 2013 5.0, I previously had a diablosport Intune (which for future reference is fairly junk in it's current form) but to make things short, I returned the car to stock, then ordered an SCT X3/SF3 from AmericanMuscle, with tunes from Bama included.
I went to upload the Bama tune to my car, everything went smoothly, man did I miss the super simple interface of the X3!
Well lo and behold after the tuning process finishes, I cycle my key, start her up, and my service advancetrac message pops up on my LCD display.
I'm like "WTF mate" I also notice my traction OFF light is lit solid, so is my stability control light, while the ABS light is flashing.
I decide to take the car for a stroll, just to see if maybe the light will shut up.
I drive about 20 miles, none of the lights have disappeared.
I have been trying to toggle TC this entire time, and the hard button in the car is doing nothing.
My traction control is in fact off(figured that out the easy way) So I assume I now have no ESC or ABS. Not good.
I decide to try reflashing the tune just to see if maybe something interrupted it.. a bit was lost.. something.
No dice on the reflash, same problem.
So I call Bama, they ask me about my strategy code.
I go and check the tuned strategy, and compare it to the stock strategy, their different, I call them back and let them know that's what the problem is.
They revise me a tune and shoot it right over to me.
Convinced this is the problem, I go ahead and download the tune to the tuner, and go and flash the tune over to the car.
Same song and dance.
Haven't called them back as I had to get to work.
But when returning to stock, I have no errors, I have full control over advancetrac and my TC and ESC when on stock calibration.
Also as a tidbit, I did not have this problem at all when on my diablosport.
It is a new issue with the SCT, which I hate because I love the SCT so much more.
In any case, was wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing this?
Also when trying to read DTC's there are none.
And the tech I spoke to at Bama said he had never heard of this happening, so it was news to him.
Any help/input is welcome.

2015 Mustang GT - Performance Package, Muffler delete, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Driver Mod, Lund Racing Tuned!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Biz Jet Fixer

Send a message via Yahoo to jdos1
Call SCT's tech line directly.
Sure you got the ECM model correct?

May want to try updating the SCT device. I had to do this last time I had an issue as a precautionary measure.

Idk what else to tell you about it.

2011 5.0 6MT, 3.73, Amsoil SS 10w-30 & MTG, Borla S Type A/B, DSS Alum Driveshaft, AirAid CAI, MGW Shifter, BBR Billet LCAs, FRPP Strut Brace, BMR Springs/Adj Panhard/LCA relos/Adj UCA, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Tuned by AED!!!
post #3 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

I've already updated the device, I did that when I first received the tuner as always.
I'm going to give Bama a call first because their the ones writing the tune, hope it doesn't resort to calling SCT but if it does.. wouldn't be the first time I've had to talk with them over a Bama screw up..
I love the guys at Bama to death.. but their just killing me now, hah.

2015 Mustang GT - Performance Package, Muffler delete, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Driver Mod, Lund Racing Tuned!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:54 PM
Zip's half naked helper

The reason you cannot read the Advancetrac codes, is they are not stored in the PCM, they are in the ABS module. They may have the TC turned off in the tune. Best bet is to do what you are doing- call Bama first thing in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
post #5 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
The reason you cannot read the Advancetrac codes, is they are not stored in the PCM, they are in the ABS module. They may have the TC turned off in the tune. Best bet is to do what you are doing- call Bama first thing in the morning.
Haha you are my knight in shining armor Marc, I thought When I saw a post from you, all my problems would be solved by your master techiness.
But Thanks for the AdvanceTrac knowledge.
I do know when I mentioned the TC thing to the Bama Tech, he pulled up my tune file and told me that they did nothing to mess with ABS, TC, or ESC, so that was why he was totally confused, and me as well.
Just thought I'd :
One, post this thread and see if maybe someone else has experienced this issue, and what their solution was and,
Two, post it up so that when I do get to the bottom of this issue, if it happens to anyone else, there will be something for them to look at if their smart enough to use the search button.

post #6 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:06 PM
Biz Jet Fixer

No, Marc isn't a ton of help when it comes to the tuner itself, he will, however, put up with your cussing and anger over the phone however if your tune download screwed up causing the car not to crank while you're at the track and are stranded. Don't ask how I know. I still think I gave him rep him for that.

2011 5.0 6MT, 3.73, Amsoil SS 10w-30 & MTG, Borla S Type A/B, DSS Alum Driveshaft, AirAid CAI, MGW Shifter, BBR Billet LCAs, FRPP Strut Brace, BMR Springs/Adj Panhard/LCA relos/Adj UCA, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Tuned by AED!!!
post #7 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Search button?!

Quote:
Quote:
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
post #8 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

Quote:
Search button?!
Some say.. in some far enchanted magical land, there is a button that can find any problem that you have ever had...
I heard it called the search button once.
The other time I heard of it, it was called "Fake" and "fabled."

post #9 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:11 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdos1 View Post
No, Marc isn't a ton of help when it comes to the tuner itself, he will, however, put up with your cussing and anger over the phone however if your tune download screwed up causing the car not to crank while you're at the track and are stranded. Don't ask how I know. I still think I gave him rep him for that.
Yeah, what you didn't know, was I was right in the middle of wrapping up a 22 hour day (booked hours, not actual time) that got me to over 62 hours for the week. When you called, I was under a truck, frantically trying to figure out why the damn thing wouldn't start with my boss yelling from across the shop about why a particular Roush RS3 was still on my lift. Good times.

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

Quote:
Yeah, what you didn't know, was I was right in the middle of wrapping up a 22 hour day (booked hours, not actual time) that got me to over 62 hours for the week. When you called, I was under a truck, frantically trying to figure out why the damn thing wouldn't start with my boss yelling from across the shop about why a particular Roush RS3 was still on my lift. Good times.

post #11 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:27 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Quote:
Quote:
post #12 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:38 PM
Biz Jet Fixer

Yet you still manage to find time to follow me. Hmm...

post #13 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:40 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Someone has to pick up your bullshit off the floor.........

Quote:
Quote:
post #14 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

Lol You two...

post #15 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM
dirt/street Motorsports

I never had a problem with the diablo sport intune and the canned tunes have been all great ,but I have heard many horror stories about the bama tunes,ho yea how do you like the heartthrob exhaust .I want their flowpacks, is that what you have

90 5.0 lx 5 speed. Project Classic 5.0 - BBK CAI, BBK longtubes , GT40 heads, 24 lb injectors , Edelbrock intake.
post #16 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:55 PM
Zip's half naked helper

No problem with my Bama tune at all.

Quote:
Quote:
post #17 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

I've always had good experience with Bama to be honest, I've had a few hiccups with them, but that happens when you've been dealing with them for almost 3 years, but SCT always fixes me up realll quick when Bama screws something up.
And to answer your question, I just have the muffler delete axleback.
Love them, great fit, good quality, AWESOME price!
I didn't like the interface of the intune, nor the insane upload times for tunes..
The SCT is soooo much faster. not to say that's the only reason I switched tuners.. AED only supports SCT so that was the main reason I switched.

post #18 of 25 Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:29 PM
dirt/street Motorsports

yea I kind of wanted to order one of their hybrid tunes just for shits and giggles and to see if their is any real gain to be had .but i'm just seeing so many bama complaints lately ,but im glade the heartthrobs are good ,I love the sound of their flowpacks.but since the bbk valve tuned muffler is out I am torned

90 5.0 lx 5 speed. Project Classic 5.0 - BBK CAI, BBK longtubes , GT40 heads, 24 lb injectors , Edelbrock intake.
post #19 of 25 Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:22 AM
Biz Jet Fixer

Quote:
Someone has to pick up your bullshit off the floor.........
So you're the one with poop on your hands?

I second Bama, I've had no issues with them whatsoever. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff as well.

post #20 of 25 Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdos1 View Post
So you're the one with poop on your hands?

I second Bama, I've had no issues with them whatsoever. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff as well.
There's been a few instances where it's been out of there hands, but they've always pointed me in the right direction (which has been SCT)
And I usually get my issues resolved quickly.
I'm happy with the service, and their tunes are always within spec and their very quick to send re-tunes out when you ask for them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page