thinking about picking these up - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlood View Post
The only thing I'd be worried about is getting the lengths perfect. If you'd like, if you pick some up I could measure how far back my headers go, and you could just tell a shop that, and they could probably make it all work. And with the slip fit you've got a little room for error as well which is good
That would be awesome man, thanks! I actually have all the tools to do this, so I might take this challenge on, me and my dad could probably knock it out...

CDC Chin Spoiler - Roush Upper/Lower Grill - Shaker Hood - MGW Shifter - MAC Prochambers/Headers - Roush O/R Extreme Catback - Eibach Lowering Springs - FRPP Hot Rod Cams - Halos/6K HID'S - BBK CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

The ball flange style connectors (like on the Mac headers and stock manifolds) is a lot more difficult than the slip on style

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #23 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzr confused View Post
The ball flange style connectors (like on the Mac headers and stock manifolds) is a lot more difficult than the slip on style
Mac headers are definitely off the list. What would y'all suggest? I'm just gunna keep searching till a pair pops up in the classifieds. So far I've heard that pacesetters and kooks and good

CDC Chin Spoiler - Roush Upper/Lower Grill - Shaker Hood - MGW Shifter - MAC Prochambers/Headers - Roush O/R Extreme Catback - Eibach Lowering Springs - FRPP Hot Rod Cams - Halos/6K HID'S - BBK CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Like I said earlier I just bought a pair of pacesetters for 334.99 shipped! Off a site I've never heard of, so I paid with paypal, I hope I get them....

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #25 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Like I said earlier I just bought a pair of pacesetters for 334.99 shipped! Off a site I've never heard of, so I paid with paypal, I hope I get them....
lol! That's cheap as shit, I wouldn't worry about it tho. How much are they off am?

post #26 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

AM only has the black coated pacesetter's I believe. Amazon has good deals on the decent one's though for like $350 shipped.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Just checked amazon, looks like the link I had they are now 400.
post #27 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Guess it's good I don't care all too much about getting headers lol I know that cams are almost nothing without a good pair of headers, but I'm in it for the sound...
I'm on that shit when a good deal pops up to

post #28 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Man you could always get the black LT Pace Setter's from AM for like $310-$315iirc, plus forum discount, and just remove the coating then spray it with high temp spray. Be cheaper than $350 for the one's I linked.
post #29 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Stang View Post
Man you could always get the black LT Pace Setter's from AM for like $310-$315iirc, plus forum discount, and just remove the coating then spray it with high temp spray. Be cheaper than $350 for the one's I linked.
Meh, I'm in no rush, LT's pop up all the time anyways, shouldn't be but less than a month when I can find a good pair. So for the pacesetters, are there more than one type of them as far as painting/metal goes? I can't keep up with all the different types of metal and finishes that are used to with headers lol

post #30 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Yea amazon jacked their prices lol. But for 335 shipped, you can't beat that. The black ones even painted will not last as long as the ceramics. That and they are basically the same price. I would NOT buy the black ones.

The pacesetters either come black with the cheap crappy coating or silver ceramic. The ceramic is leaps and bounds better.

post #31 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

They have that armor or ceramic coating whatever it is that holds up better from all the reviews I have read, especially in climate's that actually have season's. The only personal experience I have with them is the black finish on a buddies GT. The coating started cracking off after 6 months or so. All we did was buy a can of high temp spray at auto zone and it fixed it right up, no issues since then. I just want the ceramic coated one's when I get em for the looks of it over the black coated one's.
post #32 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I paid for my headers early this morning, I already have a fedex tracking number ....not sure if it's an empty box, but something is coming my way! Hahahahaha.

Streetsideauto.com and they have a $25 coupon (was 35 but expired overnight).

post #33 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Ceramic it is. So as far as other headers go, what should I look out for when purchasing (as far as metal/finishes go for other brands). And what are some good quality headers? Or should I mainly just try to get pacesetters and kooks? Ive seen jba(I think is the name?) and pypes(which I know sucks lol).

post #34 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
I paid for my headers early this morning, I already have a fedex tracking number ....not sure if it's an empty box, but something is coming my way! Hahahahaha.

Streetsideauto.com and they have a $25 coupon (was 35 but expired overnight).
Dang, can't find em on the website for the header section. You may have gotten the last one's.
post #35 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

PaceSetter Part No. 72C3232 - ARMOR*Coat Long Tube Header Exhaust Headers

although it says they don't fit my gt, only 05-06 lol.

post #36 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Thanks for the link! Have to decide between these or those new raxiom lights I wanna snag in a week.
post #37 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

That's why I didn't buy them last night Hahahaha. But then thought if I didn't get headers u should make my front look nicer since the 5.0's keep seeing that anyway ...not that I'm expecting huge gains, but every bit helps! I'll prob find a few detailing jobs over the next week to recoup and get the lights too

post #38 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
That's why I didn't buy them last night Hahahaha. But then thought if I didn't get headers u should make my front look nicer since the 5.0's keep seeing that anyway ...not that I'm expecting huge gains, but every bit helps! I'll prob find a few detailing jobs over the next week to recoup and get the lights too
I was planning on getting some new wheels/tires, but then dimora posted up his tail light thread and that went out the window lol

post #39 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I <3 Car Crashes

haha get tires, you're not gonna be able to hook with stock wheels and tires, cams, longtubes etc!

07 Honda CBR600RR--Akrapovic exhaust--power commander V--Flush & integrated signals--1000rr mirrors--Puig double bubble screen--shogun sliders, -1 +2 gearing coming soon

Selling and parting out my Mustang for another Jeep WJ!
post #40 of 84 Old October 28th, 2013, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlood View Post
haha get tires, you're not gonna be able to hook with stock wheels and tires, cams, longtubes etc!
yeah at a 2500 rpm start theres no way in hell i could ever stick lol its not to big a deal for me tho, i never really need a reason for them seeing as how i dont even go... fast lol after i buy these tail lights tho there next on the list.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page