UGH shifting to second gear... SUCKS - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 Old November 14th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Insomniac

Garage
I vote for doing motor mounts first and seeing if that alleviates the issue. Motors mounts break down and regardless if yours aren't bad it still wouldn't hurt to replace them so if the torquing over isn't the issue you haven't blown a lot of money. I just recently did the mounts in my car and I must say it was an amazing improvement in the drive train. I think the brace may be a little overkill but that's just me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old November 14th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRISS197 View Post
I vote for doing motor mounts first and seeing if that alleviates the issue. Motors mounts break down and regardless if yours aren't bad it still wouldn't hurt to replace them so if the torquing over isn't the issue you haven't blown a lot of money. I just recently did the mounts in my car and I must say it was an amazing improvement in the drive train. I think the brace may be a little overkill but that's just me
The brace fixed it for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I coached his boy in basketball last season. Giggity giggity
post #23 of 25 Old November 14th, 2013, 12:43 PM
FBGM

Did you go with poly or spherical bushings?

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 Old November 14th, 2013, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Regular

I'm buying.the torque limiters che k member thing.now. I really don't expect it to be an internal problem. I take pretty good care of my car I've never even done a burn out as sad as that sounds.It's so sad that When I do go wot in my car it feels like a rocket ship cause I forget how it feels lol.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I'm also getting the motor mounts.... poly mounts I got the frpp cams which lope pretty nicely and vibrate a lot so the mounts are probably more worn than they should be.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

This is the most abuse my car has ever endured in three years and I felt so guilty after LOL. I had a 75 shot in it once too I sprayed like twice and got scared to do it again lol.

Watch "Matte black 2010 Mustang GT idle and rev" on YouTube
post #25 of 25 Old November 18th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Regular

I also have a funky second gear. It has always felt stiff engaging at higher rpms, even when new. Ive been looking at BMR's Front end kit (lowered K Member and A Arms) with torque limiters or is this overkill? Shedding 40ish pounds of the weight up front sounds like a + to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page