labor estimate on poly mounts? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old November 13th, 2013, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Regular

labor estimate on poly mounts?

Hi, I have another thread going on and was recommended I get some poly engine mounts. I was wondering what kind of labor cost I could expect from doing a project like this? Also, I see I can get an entire poly bushing kit for my suspension. What kind of labor can I expect for doing the whole suspension with poly bushings? Thank you for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old November 13th, 2013, 04:14 AM
I love to skydive

It's so simple just diy.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #3 of 9 Old November 13th, 2013, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Buddy if I could I wouldn't be paying a shop to do it lol. Plus my tool set is so basic I'd have have a hard time putting ikea furniture together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old November 13th, 2013, 04:30 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

A shop will charge you for an hour but it should take way less than that. It's like 3 bolts on each side.

As far as the suspension bushings, no clue. You will get some benefit to doing this but I think it's kinda a waste to press them into your stock stamped steel suspension parts.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #5 of 9 Old November 13th, 2013, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Regular

I'm really doing it as a maintenance kind of thing I'm getting a lot of fluids swapped and I was doing the engine mounts along with a k member support. So I figured why not doing the whole suspension while they're tearing shit apart. Why would it be a waste with the stock steel parts?
post #6 of 9 Old November 13th, 2013, 06:19 AM
FBGM

Its a waste because the stock parts flex a lot. Its like putting a 500hp to the ground and running a 255 winter tire. You gotta upgrade more than one part. And how many miles on your car because Im sure its less than mine and my bushings look pretty new.

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
post #7 of 9 Old November 13th, 2013, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Regular

I got 55k miles.... I see what you mean though
post #8 of 9 Old November 13th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Soft steel and soft bushing the bushing flex more. Change out to poly and the soft crappy stock steel parts will do the flexing. Not worth it to me. Upgrade to some BMR parts and get real benefits

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #9 of 9 Old November 13th, 2013, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Ah that makes sense. Well thank goodness I asked before I spent money on it. Looks like I'll just be getting the che k member and poly engine mounts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page