Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   Modular Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/)
-   -   2011 5.0 BUILD (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/351026-2011-5-0-build.html)

Chris The Racer November 13th, 2013 10:31 PM

2011 5.0 BUILD

Future build. What parts should I get? Full list please. Engine swaps count, and are fine with me. Nothing crazy like diamonds, gold, silver, platinum, rubies, emeralds, etc. Note that I want a air lift performance suspension kit. If possible, please add up the total price! Also, CARBON FIBER EVERYWHERE!

jdos1 November 13th, 2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris The Racer (Post 6381610)
Future build. What parts should I get? Full list please. Engine swaps count, and are fine with me. Nothing crazy like diamonds, gold, silver, platinum, rubies, emeralds, etc. Note that I want a air lift performance suspension kit. If possible, please add up the total price! Also, CARBON FIBER EVERYWHERE!

Are you sure your name shouldn't be "chris the ricer"?

Just saying.

Supra November 13th, 2013 10:37 PM

What are you intending on building the car to do?

manolith November 13th, 2013 10:56 PM

carbon fiber everything LOL... this forums are great.

xXFallout November 13th, 2013 10:59 PM

You don't want a air lift suspension kit. Please spare us the hideous thing I know your going to create.

Please don't put it on air

You should swap for a cobra jet engin.

Chris The Racer November 14th, 2013 06:34 AM

SHUT UP JDOS1, IT'S FUNCTIONAL! Also, nice style manolith!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 6381698)
What are you intending on building the car to do?

Supra, I WANT TO DRAG RACEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXFallout (Post 6381930)
You don't want a air lift suspension kit. Please spare us the hideous thing I know your going to create.

Please don't put it on air

You should swap for a cobra jet engin.

Too bad! I am putting on an air suspension!

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdos1 (Post 6381682)
Are you sure your name shouldn't be "chris the ricer"?

Just saying.

SHUT UP! I am NOT a ricer ( ridiculously insane car enthusiast ) ! I am a fully legal non street drag racer!!!!!!!!!!

manolith November 14th, 2013 06:37 AM

you want to drag race LOL. chris the ricer you are funny dude. if you want to drag race you dont need an engine swap. depending on how fast you want to go down the track you will need to build the short block. turbo/blower/nitrous will be good for the drag strip. you will want to stay away of air i dont care what any one says if you are serious about drag racing. street racing it wont matter because roll racing does not require much thought into suspension/weight transfer. as far as for your silly carbon fiber request... there are places that weight could be taken off the car much more effectively. K member, A-arms, radiator support, bumper supports, exhaust, driveshaft, wheels, interior and so on... also I think that carbon fiber looks ridiculous... a car that has black patches every where looks horrible at least for me.

jayman33 November 14th, 2013 06:55 AM

Who is this guy?

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

This sounds like ultraclassic

Marc November 14th, 2013 07:00 AM

Things to do today-

1- join a forum
2- make a post asking about what to do to a car I don't have
3- in that post ask about stuff I don't know about but sounds smart
4- make sure to ask about carbon fiber
5- get mad when flamed
6- find out how to use multiquote function.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Chris The Racer November 14th, 2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manolith (Post 6383178)
you want to drag race LOL. chris the ricer you are funny dude. if you want to drag race you dont need an engine swap. depending on how fast you want to go down the track you will need to build the short block. turbo/blower/nitrous will be good for the drag strip. you will want to stay away of air i dont care what any one says if you are serious about drag racing. street racing it wont matter because roll racing does not require much thought into suspension/weight transfer. as far as for your silly carbon fiber request... there are places that weight could be taken off the car much more effectively. K member, A-arms, radiator support, bumper supports, exhaust, driveshaft, wheels, interior and so on... also I think that carbon fiber looks ridiculous... a car that has black patches every where looks horrible at least for me.

Not a ricer, again

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayman33 (Post 6383210)
Who is this guy?

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

This sounds like ultraclassic

I'm new here.

xXFallout November 14th, 2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 6383226)
Things to do today-

1- join a forum
5- get mad when flamed

:naughty:

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris The Racer (Post 6383258)
Not a ricer, again

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I'm new here.

So ahhhhh what do you want the car to look like? Specs?

Chris The Racer November 14th, 2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manolith (Post 6383178)

Also, I'm taking your advice. Still keeping the carbon fiber, though.

AR Stang November 14th, 2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 6383226)
Things to do today-

1- join a forum
5- get mad when flamed

That's a type of full list.

Chris The Racer November 14th, 2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXFallout (Post 6383282)
:naughty:

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

So ahhhhh what do you want the car to look like? Specs?

All it is is FUNCTIONAL! Trying to push 1000 hp n/a ALL motor on 5.2 coyote stroker. The reason why I wanted carbon fiber is that my parts can all work together. My specs are: 18.1 to 1 compression, 1000 hp/tq, shaker hood, whipple 2518 com throttle body, custom air intake, ALUMINUM long block, ALUMINUM pistons, ALUMINUM cams, 55mm cam core, .772 cam lift, boss 302 alternator, Super Damper, you know the suspension, carbon fiber chassis, carbon fiber body, carbon fiber interior, racing seats, carbon fiber drive shaft, ALUMINUM k member, ALUMINUM radiator support, ALUMINUM bumper support, ALUMINUM free flowing exhaust, weight est. 1750 lbs, ALUMINUM crankshaft, shaker hood, serpentine pulley kit, 4V DOHC, ALUMINUM hemi heads, racing slicks (max width), ARP 2000 head studs,ARP 2000 main studs, 4.10 ALUMINUM gears, Magnum XL transmission, 2 dual flywheel spec clutches, 220+ mph top speed, no grille, rear seat delete kit, MMR 2013 GT500 style carbon fiber bumper, MMR carbon fiber transmission tunnel, MMR carbon fiber dashboard, MMR carbon fiber trunklid, ford racing head gaskets, areomotive fuel rails, quad injectors per cylinder, 0-60mph 0.5 sec, MMR extreme digital balancing, ALUMINUM torque converter.

manolith November 14th, 2013 07:31 AM

Ah you are just a troll... Nothing to see here. Carry on guys...

Marc November 14th, 2013 07:41 AM

Troll

Chris The Racer November 14th, 2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manolith (Post 6383346)
Ah you are just a troll... Nothing to see here. Carry on guys...

Not a troll.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 6383410)
Troll

Not a troll!

Marc November 14th, 2013 09:12 AM

Not a troll? Let's break this one down a bit, just for fun.
All I want to make it look like is FUNCTIONAL! This is the definition of RICE. Get over it.
Trying to push 1000 hp n/a ALL motor on 5.2 coyote stroker. Not going to happen. 500- yes. Not twice that.
The reason why I wanted carbon fiber is that my parts can all work together. You don't need carbon fiber to do this. This requires taste.
My specs are: 18.1 to 1 compression. Try something closser to 12.0-1. You aren't building a diesel.
1000 hp/tq see above.
shaker hood. They are cool, but what are you trying to accomplish. style or function?
whipple 2518 com throttle body. HUH?
custom air intake. Why custom? There are plenty of off the shelf parts that work really well.
ALUMINUM long block. this comes stock.
ALUMINUM pistons. Although you didn't say forged, I'm going to assume that's what you mean.
ALUMINUM cams. Why? You need steel here for durability.
55mm cam core. HUH?
.772 cam lift. If you knew anything at all about the design of the Coyote engine, you would know 13 mm is all you can get out of it. Anything more any you destroy the valve springs.
boss 302 alternator, Super Damper. These two are great if your going above 7000 rpm for any length of time.
you know the suspension. Yes, we know. do you?
carbon fiber chassis, carbon fiber body, carbon fiber interior. While these may seem like a good idea, they are not. You want exotic carbon fiber body and frame parts, but a Ferrari.
racing seats. Can be bought stock now with the Recaro option. Others exist, too.
carbon fiber drive shaft. Again, sounds exotic, but an aftermarket one piece aluminum driveshaft will work just fine.
ALUMINUM k member, ALUMINUM radiator support, ALUMINUM bumper support. This all sounds good, until you look at how big all that stuff is going to be to be strong enough. Tubular here would be better, stronger, and lighter than stock.
ALUMINUM free flowing exhaust. Stainless steel isn't goint to weigh you down that much.
weight est. 1750 lbs. Unrealistic goal.
ALUMINUM crankshaft. Same as the cams. You need the duribility steel provides.
shaker hood. Saying it twice?
serpentine pulley kit. Stock. Get over it.
4V DOHC. Stock.
ALUMINUM hemi heads. Stock.
racing slicks (max width). OK. Go for it.
ARP 2000 head studs. I'm gussing you don't want the main stud kit?
4.10 ALUMINUM gears. Like the cam sand crank, go steel.
Magnumum X transmission. It's the Magnum XL trans, and is a great swap if you are over 750 RWHP.
2 dual flywheel spec clutches. 2 Flywheels? Ummmmmmm?
220+ mph top speed. Nice goal.
no grille, rear seat delete kit. OK.
MMR 2013 GT500 style carbon fiber bumper, MMR carbon fiber transmission tunnel, MMR carbon fiber dashboard, MMR carbon fiber trunklid. MMR builds engines. Unless they have branched out doing other things?
ford racing head gaskets. OK.
automotive fuel rails. Are we building a locomotive?
quad injectors per cylinder. Now we are stretching, but our goal is in sight.
0-60mph 0.5 sec. And we have liftoff!
MMR extreme digital balancing. Where did this come from?
ALUMINUM torque converter. With the Magnum XL manual, I don't see where a torque converter comes in at all.

Get over it. You are a troll. 10 posts, and we are here.

Shaun13GT/CS November 14th, 2013 09:27 AM

Is this guy serious? Sounds like he's 13...

paulyboy928 November 14th, 2013 09:45 AM

literally just lawled