Wish me luck on the cam install... - Page 53 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1041 of 1155 Old April 8th, 2014, 03:36 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal7777 View Post
Awesome, this makes me feel better. My only issue is after driving it, it's extremely fuckin difficult to keep it alive at neutral because itl just bomb down to 500, so unless I don't quickly catch it, and somehow be hitting the gas at the same time, it's dead, and I'm stuck in the road for a few seconds lol but I can atleast drive it normally now, so I'll probly just drive it when I'm going to brookshires or something lol does this mean I get to put the bumper on?!
Yeah just drive it around and you should notidce that getting better. There is also a cycle you can go through to help the cumputer learn but I don't know what it all entails.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1042 of 1155 Old April 8th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Insomniac

Garage
Clear kam data, let idle 10 min, turn defrost on let idle for 10 min

post #1043 of 1155 Old April 8th, 2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

How do I go about clearing the kam? I don't actually know where the defrost is either lol

Edit: for clearing the kam, I've read just to disconnect the battery for like 15 minutes and press on the brake pedal for a few seconds to pull all the power out of the system. Is that right?

CDC Chin Spoiler - Roush Upper/Lower Grill - Shaker Hood - MGW Shifter - MAC Prochambers/Headers - Roush O/R Extreme Catback - Eibach Lowering Springs - FRPP Hot Rod Cams - Halos/6K HID'S - BBK CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1044 of 1155 Old April 8th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Insomniac

Garage
That is correct, the defrost is the window setting on your hvac turn dial

post #1045 of 1155 Old April 8th, 2014, 06:27 PM

Don't you need to run the A/C also?

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #1046 of 1155 Old April 8th, 2014, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

I'll probly look up the idle thing later and make sure

CDC Chin Spoiler - Roush Upper/Lower Grill - Shaker Hood - MGW Shifter - MAC Prochambers/Headers - Roush O/R Extreme Catback - Eibach Lowering Springs - FRPP Hot Rod Cams - Halos/6K HID'S - BBK CAI
post #1047 of 1155 Old April 8th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Insomniac

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Don't you need to run the A/C also?
The defrost does use the ac

post #1048 of 1155 Old April 8th, 2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRISS197 View Post
The defrost does use the ac
Really? Didn't know that, I guess it does dry out the air, just hought it used the heater. Shows you how much I know about HVAC.

post #1049 of 1155 Old April 11th, 2014, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Well I got this bitch running and put the tune on. Here's the 4/11
The tune fixed all my idle problems, but it still feels like it's skipping a little whenever I really give it some gas. My guess is that I'll circle jerk with bama for a bit till I finally decide to start saving for ceramic coating my headers then dyno tune. I'm just gunna be pretty chill driving it for a while most likely, but driving it none the less! Would a dyno tune most likely fix my problem?

All in all, car runs like a dream compared to before, so thank you guys so much for all the help, there really too many people to individually name because so many if y'all were constantly helping me lol I definitely couldn't of done it without y'all. <3<3

END CAM SAGA, stay tuned for the next season

post #1050 of 1155 Old April 11th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

glad its running! and yes, a dyno tune SHOULD fix your problem as long as you bring it to a good shop. send more datalogs to bama, they can prob fix the problem you are still having if its not in your head

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #1051 of 1155 Old April 11th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Make Me Squirt

Thank Baby Jesus. 53 pages. Good God! You were a trooper for sure.

TORCH RED APPRECIATION CLUB

C&L Racer | Eibach Pro-Kit | BMR LCAs + Relo | BMR PHB | MGW |
GT500 Strut Mounts | Bassanni Axlebacks | OR-H |Tokico D-Spec |
post #1052 of 1155 Old April 11th, 2014, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Super glad it's done for sure. Gotta get an oil dipstick and cop bolt before I start driving it, can't find either of em. Then on with the bumper and it's gravy. Totally worth it tho lol

post #1053 of 1155 Old April 11th, 2014, 09:01 PM

When you say it is skipping, what exactly do you mean? When you step on the gas at low RPM's, or does it when your engine speeds are up there? Does it happen all the way through the rpm band or just in particular areas?

post #1054 of 1155 Old April 12th, 2014, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Lower rpms, it's just really difficult to get up in the rpms starting from lower rpms when I hit the gas hard. If I'm just driving normally than it doesn't feel any different, only when I'm gassing it hard

post #1055 of 1155 Old April 12th, 2014, 01:24 AM

Have you driven a cammed car before? Not trying to sound condescending or anything like that. It's just what you described could just be the cams. The higher or narrower you make your powerband, the crappier it tends to run everywhere else. Not saying that's what it is but for someone who doesn't have much experience driving a cammed car may not be familiar with it's nuances. I've driven cars that you had to constantly goose the throttle just to keep it running. Let's say your cruising at like 3000 RPM's and then romp on the gas, does it feel like it's skipping, or does she just run smooth?

post #1056 of 1155 Old April 12th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Power down low is going to take a beating, especially with stock gears.

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #1057 of 1155 Old April 12th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Regular

Quote:
Lower rpms, it's just really difficult to get up in the rpms starting from lower rpms when I hit the gas hard. If I'm just driving normally than it doesn't feel any different, only when I'm gassing it hard

If you don't have 3.73 or 4.10 gears, then that is normal. Those cams require gears.
post #1058 of 1155 Old April 12th, 2014, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Have you driven a cammed car before? Not trying to sound condescending or anything like that. It's just what you described could just be the cams. The higher or narrower you make your powerband, the crappier it tends to run everywhere else. Not saying that's what it is but for someone who doesn't have much experience driving a cammed car may not be familiar with it's nuances. I've driven cars that you had to constantly goose the throttle just to keep it running. Let's say your cruising at like 3000 RPM's and then romp on the gas, does it feel like it's skipping, or does she just run smooth?
Nah your fine, I definitely have never driven a canned car. My driving experience involves a Prius, super old f150, and a tiburon lol I'll try a catch a video of it probly tomarrow so you can see. I think above 3k tho it would probly drive fine if I romped the gas, but any lower than that and it feels twitchy.

So like if I'm in fourth and it running around 3k, then shift into 5th and hit the gas hard, it would really feel like it's skipping (I'm using skipping as a general feeling, not like in a mechanical term, if that is one)

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo06 View Post
If you don't have 3.73 or 4.10 gears, then that is normal. Those cams require gears.
Guess I might start lookin into some 3.73's soon. I don't wanna go through a DD with 4.10's again lol

post #1059 of 1155 Old April 12th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Eat Springs, Shit Valves

Quote:
So like if I'm in fourth and it running around 3k, then shift into 5th and hit the gas hard, it would really feel like it's skipping (I'm using skipping as a general feeling, not like in a mechanical term, if that is one)
No shit, 5th is overdrive. You aren't gonna go anywhere fast in 5th.
post #1060 of 1155 Old April 12th, 2014, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherS197GT View Post
No shit, 5th is overdrive. You aren't gonna go anywhere fast in 5th.
Yeah yeah I know lol but its mainly the fact that it skips really hard.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page