Alright, I give up on this crap - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I <3 Car Crashes

lol bigchris, what in your drivetrain DON'T you break?

07 Honda CBR600RR--Akrapovic exhaust--power commander V--Flush & integrated signals--1000rr mirrors--Puig double bubble screen--shogun sliders, -1 +2 gearing coming soon

Selling and parting out my Mustang for another Jeep WJ!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Regular

Why did my clutch fail? I think I did this link correct. I used to have the same issues as u. I read this "why did my clutch fail" and did the steel line it suggests, bought from AM for much less than ford. Put in Prothane mmounts and called Blue collar, they suggested running Dex III instead of synthetic, sometimes synthetic is "too slippery" for tour synchronizers they said. Have never had an issue since, bought the car w/ 70,000 now have 90,000 miles running 380/350 rw hp/tq not saying it will fix u but it worked great for me!
post #23 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Insomniac

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlood View Post
lol bigchris, what in your drivetrain DON'T you break?
The engine *knocks on wood*, I'm on my third trans, third rear, second set of gears, second uca

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Regular

I second using the correct FORD mercon for these trans. I know tremec recommends Mobil and others have used syncromesh but you never really hear anyone having issues with factory fluid. I personally think too slick a fluid kills the syncros in
these trans
post #25 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02gtowner View Post
I second using the correct FORD mercon for these trans. I know tremec recommends Mobil and others have used syncromesh but you never really hear anyone having issues with factory fluid. I personally think too slick a fluid kills the syncros in
these trans
No, tremec reccomends syncromesh. Tremec has done the testing on their transmission.

I totally reccomend pennzoil syncromesh

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I coached his boy in basketball last season. Giggity giggity
post #26 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Regular

NO they actually recommend Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF (ET-M-99) or Dexron III (1300-244-006) Check the Tremec service manual page 8 if you think I am just pulling it out of a hat. http://www.mgsv-club.com/images/pdfs...ice_Manual.pdf
post #27 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
FBGM

TR-3650 Transmission Fluid - MustangForums.com

Pretty short read

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
post #28 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Like A Boss

Quote:
NO they actually recommend Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF (ET-M-99) or Dexron III (1300-244-006) Check the Tremec service manual page 8 if you think I am just pulling it out of a hat. http://www.mgsv-club.com/images/pdfs...ice_Manual.pdf
I don't know how old that manual is, but last i checked, they specifically say NOT to use any synthetic fluid.

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
post #29 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Regular

That is the one that tremec emailed me when I called them and spoke to them on the phone in May. They told me they can't say that other fluids (Royal Purple, Pennz etc) wouldn't work but they didn't specifically test them. If you read what I wrote previously I said "I second using the correct FORD mercon for these trans. I know tremec recommends Mobil and others have used syncromesh but you never really hear anyone having issues with factory fluid. I personally think too slick a fluid kills the syncros inthese trans" basically I don't even think Mobil is a good idea but Tremec backs it up. Funny think is Ford doesn't.
post #30 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Like A Boss

Quote:
That is the one that tremec emailed me when I called them and spoke to them on the phone in May. They told me they can't say that other fluids (Royal Purple, Pennz etc) wouldn't work but they didn't specifically test them. If you read what I wrote previously I said "I second using the correct FORD mercon for these trans. I know tremec recommends Mobil and others have used syncromesh but you never really hear anyone having issues with factory fluid. I personally think too slick a fluid kills the syncros inthese trans" basically I don't even think Mobil is a good idea but Tremec backs it up. Funny think is Ford doesn't.
I had issues with factory fluid :/

Well, ok. I can't speak for anyone else then, but i had success with syncromesh.

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
post #31 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
I had issues with factory fluid :/

Well, ok. I can't speak for anyone else then, but i had success with syncromesh.

Many have had great luck with Syncromesh or Mobil even royal purple. I totally don't doubt you. Cars are like people sometimes they are all a little different even if they are the same make and model. My point to the OP is change the fluid to OE specs install the factory shifter and start from scratch in diagnosing the issue. This way you have a proven and established baseline to judge from. It will make finding the shifting problem easier because it will rule out other possibilities of non proven combos.
post #32 of 35 Old December 6th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Like A Boss

Quote:
Many have had great luck with Syncromesh or Mobil even royal purple. I totally don't doubt you. Cars are like people sometimes they are all a little different even if they are the same make and model. My point to the OP is change the fluid to OE specs install the factory shifter and start from scratch in diagnosing the issue. This way you have a proven and established baseline to judge from. It will make finding the shifting problem easier because it will rule out other possibilities of non proven combos.
I could totally agree with that. 1 change at a time, fix it with the factory shifter first.

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
post #33 of 35 Old December 7th, 2013, 04:33 AM
KILLER

This is what the problem is on the GT500's with the 1-2 lockout/grind. When shifting at high RMP or spinning the wheels, the wheels are spinning faster than the shaft speed in the trans causing uneven speed matching and therefore fighting and grinding. A WOT Box has solved the issue for 90% of the guys.

Also, some of the guys have seen it completely go away just by moving their seat forward alittle bit. It seemed the problem was they were not engaging the clutch fully or at the perfect time while speed shifting because their seat was too far back.

2013 Trinity TVS Powered!!
WHP: 615
TQ: 610
Boost: 16lbs

Addicted
post #34 of 35 Old December 8th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I <3 Car Crashes

Crackpotfox, your avatar is freaking me out. Have you looked through the inspection port at your clutch?

07 Honda CBR600RR--Akrapovic exhaust--power commander V--Flush & integrated signals--1000rr mirrors--Puig double bubble screen--shogun sliders, -1 +2 gearing coming soon

Selling and parting out my Mustang for another Jeep WJ!
post #35 of 35 Old December 9th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

With the strong centering springs in the MGW keep in mind that you have to slightly pull the shifter to the left while pulling back too when aiming for 2nd. It should happen naturally. Also, how far is the clutch engaging from the floor?

When you are driving and in gear and you step on the clutch with your foot on the gas the clutch should start to disengage very close to the top. (about 1/4 of the stroke of the pedal or less) You shouldn't have to step down very far as it starts to slip. If it's not grinding and just locking you out on the 1-2 shift I highly doubt it's a syncro problem.

JDM 302 Stroker, Whipple 10 rib 12 psi, L&M, JBA, J&M, LFP, Corsa, Stage II cams, Manley, MGW, McLeod RST, Eaton Posi, 3.73's, Metco, Steeda, Autometer, CDC, Street Scene, SOS, Tuned at JPC Racing by Kevin MacDonald....Other Mustang 2015 GT Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page