Update from Marc - Page 5 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Canon Gang

Garage
Oh man Marc.. A chill went down my spine when I saw this. I'm glad you're alright man, the car can be replaced.

Prayers sent to all involved.

Maximum Motorsports - Bilstein - Hypercoils - Aerocatch - UPR - Steeda - Hawk - Jegs - Eibach - SR Performance - Mishimoto - DDM - Bassani

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 02:09 PM
No longer Maching out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
I just talked to my boss, keeping him up to date. The other driver didn't make it. Words cannot express the sorrow I am feeling right now.
I'm terribly sorry, I hate to hear that for you and the other family involved...

2003 TR Mach 1 - Sold!

1993 LX Hatch - 331, AFR 195, Comp XE282HR, Holley Systemax, TKO 600, Ridetech Coilovers, Baer brakes, and alot more...budget build
post #83 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Regular

wow new here but thank god your ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 02:37 PM
better than clockWise

Marc - Almost 30 years ago (sheesh, fuck im old) my grandma pulled out of my cousins neighborhood after dropping her off. She wasn't paying attention and pulled right out and got T-boned on the driver side. Oncoming traffic was 40-45mph so it was a good hit. She wasn't wearing her seatbelt but, the police said if she had been, she would have died. She got tossed to the passenger side and it saved her. Regardless, she, from a 5 or 6 year olds perspective looked like shit. It hurt to see her that way but, my point in all of this, is that I was never upset at the driver who hit her. None of the adults were either (mom, dad, aunts, etc..) with the driver.
Sometimes, shit just happens. It wasn't your fault and you can't blame yourself for the guys death. You could go back and relive that accident 100 times and not once would there have been jack shit you could have done to change the outcome.

I'm not saying you are blaming yourself but, just incase you are... knock it off.

post #85 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
Wait... I thought you bought his car..

Oh fuck me his car is silver lol. Didn't you bay that car from some one off here?? I know you did
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
So they are identical. I thought Marc bought his after he deployed. Well at least I'm only semi crazy lol
No, your completely nuts. I ordered my car April 17, 2011 and it was delivered on August 30 with 47 miles. I drove her off of the truck. Ive put just about every mile on her, and she was beautiful. Never an engine issue, trans was great, even the rear end had no whine.

There were things I did to her that Swervo had done, like the good spears. There were other inspirations to my car, but in all, she was mine. Short of the paint, I did every bit of work to her.

Off of the car subject a bit- would it be prudent or odd to want to go to the funeral? I never met this man, and maybe his wife could take some comfort knowing I was ok. I dunno. My mother is driving up today to help with things. I have a car I can drive, so I'm good there. Just means my teenager will have to so without for a bit. There is so much going through my head right now, I can't even express.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
Marc - Almost 30 years ago (sheesh, fuck im old) my grandma pulled out of my cousins neighborhood after dropping her off. She wasn't paying attention and pulled right out and got T-boned on the driver side. Oncoming traffic was 40-45mph so it was a good hit. She wasn't wearing her seatbelt but, the police said if she had been, she would have died. She got tossed to the passenger side and it saved her. Regardless, she, from a 5 or 6 year olds perspective looked like shit. It hurt to see her that way but, my point in all of this, is that I was never upset at the driver who hit her. None of the adults were either (mom, dad, aunts, etc..) with the driver.
Sometimes, shit just happens. It wasn't your fault and you can't blame yourself for the guys death. You could go back and relive that accident 100 times and not once would there have been jack shit you could have done to change the outcome.

I'm not saying you are blaming yourself but, just incase you are... knock it off.
I don't blame myself. I'm just incredibly sad at the loss. I never even knew him.

And yeah, I didn't sleep much because all I could see was their truck right in front of me. In that split second none of my high performance driving classes, none of the great brakes and sticky tires meant a thing. None of my skills as a proficient driver mattered. Isaac Newton was in the drivers seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
post #86 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Cruising the backroads

I would see no issues is going to his funeral. It would provide closure with you, and the family would probably feel better. It's your call, i see no issue in going to the funeral.

Quote:
You only got one nom nom. One nom or two nom nom. Only one nom.
GO GO POWER RANGER!
post #87 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

i would go to the funeral. i am sure the family will appreciate it.

2011 GT. [email protected] bap-O/R Xpipe-GT500AB-Boss intake-4.10 gears-TA girdle-N2NB Wot box-K Springs-UPR Pro series control arms-Big and littles. 780,000 rwsqp.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Manny32V

instagram: fumaliche
post #88 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Yeah I would go. You don't have to say anything or even be there long. But just show your presence and let them know. I'm sure they would appreciate it

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #89 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 03:16 PM
OldandFurious

Garage
Quote:
I just talked to my boss, keeping him up to date. The other driver didn't make it. Words cannot express the sorrow I am feeling right now.
Good wishes to you during this time. Vehicles are just that and can be replaced. Our heart's also go out to the others involved in this horrific event.
Keep us posted.
post #90 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Behold the black horse...

Glad you are ok. Prayers for all involved.

Premium, Electronics Pkg, 20" Shelby Razors/Nitto NT555, MGW Short Throw, Shelby LCAs, Shelby Coil Covers, GT500 Quad Tip Muffler Delete, Moroso Separator, MSD 2-Step, JPC Linelock, Raxiom Halo Fogs, MMD Hood Struts, BBR Antenna
post #91 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 04:52 PM
the U of A

damn, man… prayers going up all around. I'm glad you're ok!

2011 GT | M6 | Brembo | 3.73 | Sterling Grey Metallic | Bravado Tributes | MPSS | BMR Suspension | MGW Race Spec | Mach 500 + Lightened Flywheel | Lund Tune | Ported Boss IM | Steeda CAI | Jegs Cat Deletes | GT-500s | M50A1 Long Block | MT-82 #2
post #92 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Regular

From an emt stand point and knowing a fellow emt the went to a funeral be careful. The family my be blaming you. I think is a wonderful gesture but they could see the opposite. The situations are a little different but I'd be careful none the less.

Roush CAI
Pypes Axle backs
Boss 302 Mani
Bama Tuned
BMR lca, relos, uca, mount, phb and springs, whiteline trans insert, koni yellows.
post #93 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
I have. We have an RS3 black on black I drool over. Or I could order one still. Or buy a 2012 Boss. GT500 not out of the discussion, either. Whatever it is will have to be special.

Blue eyes was a special car to me.
2015 mustang in your future. im glad to hear you are ok

2012 GT 5.0 automatic JBA H-PIPE, STOCK AXLE BACK, HIGH FLOW Cats, SR Lower control arms, sr springs, Bama V2 Tune,3.55,s, summit 3 inch glass packs in place of resonators,airaid intake tube, 5000k h.i.d , jms pedal max
post #94 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Wow, so sorry to hear Marc. A bad situation for all involved for sure.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Automatic Ingot Silver

2011 Mustang GT Automatic Grabber Blue Sold
post #95 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Regular

sry to hear about all this marc. prayers for you and your family as well as the other party involved. good luck with your recovery bud...

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/nikschoeman/s550.png

2015 5.0 DIB M6 | 50th Anniversary Appearance Package | Lethal H-pipe | Roush ABs

Quote:
Every time I down shift, my car seems to just go like the hand of God is pushing me.
post #96 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by utzy022 View Post
From an emt stand point and knowing a fellow emt the went to a funeral be careful. The family my be blaming you. I think is a wonderful gesture but they could see the opposite. The situations are a little different but I'd be careful none the less.
This is what I was thinking, so glad someone else said it. It's a nice gesture, I know, but depending on how the family is feeling, might not be the right move. If you get the impression they are grateful for you to be here(unlike their love one is what I mean) and understand everything about the situation, then I would say it's ok.

Current - '92 LX w/ some bolton's
2011 GT -Sold
2010 GT Silver - Sold
2004 Mach 1 White- R.I.P.
post #97 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by momogt View Post
2015 mustang in your future. im glad to hear you are ok
Wife wants me to order her one in yellow with the eb4. So that option is out.

Quote:
Quote:
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
post #98 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
when you get something else, let me know and I'll hook you up with another sig

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #99 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Wife wants me to order her one in yellow with the eb4. So that option is out.
the eb4 sounds like nice engine but it is still a downgrade from a coyote. i would get the coyote 2015 if i were you. and if will handle even more power than today coyotes out of the box with the stronger rods and revised pistons. the aftermarket wont be able to do much with the stock turbo of the eb4. i hear that the exhaust manifold and turbo housing are cast on cylinder head meaning that it will be a pain in the ass to upgrade the turbo and the direct injection is a horrible thing at this point in time in the aftermarket world.

2011 GT. [email protected] bap-O/R Xpipe-GT500AB-Boss intake-4.10 gears-TA girdle-N2NB Wot box-K Springs-UPR Pro series control arms-Big and littles. 780,000 rwsqp.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Manny32V

instagram: fumaliche
post #100 of 334 Old December 17th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Zip's half naked helper

If we get an eb4, it will be hers to drive. She won't mod it at all.

If I bought one, it would be the GT. I love the new look, and the tech. We will see in the coming weeks what happens.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page