Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   Modular Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/)
-   -   08 GT idle problems (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/399178-08-gt-idle-problems.html)

Colestang_GT February 25th, 2014 04:33 PM

08 GT idle problems

Lately on my 08 GT, there has been some erratic idle problems. I kept throwing codes for my b2s1 O2 sensor, so I changed it last night, no more codes driving it for that. But setting at idle, it will idle fine at about 750 rpm, then randomly drop down to about 500-600 rpm and start shaking real bad, then pick back up and smooth out.

My mods are steeda cai, bama tunes, pacesetter lt's and pacesetter o/r h pipe. I dont think it is the tunes because I have been driving with this setup for about 3 month and no problems until now.

Any ideas?

BlackWidowStang February 25th, 2014 04:36 PM

Clean tb, maf and see what that does.

AM_Will February 25th, 2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colestang_GT (Post 7526786)
Lately on my 08 GT, there has been some erratic idle problems. I kept throwing codes for my b2s1 O2 sensor, so I changed it last night, no more codes driving it for that. But setting at idle, it will idle fine at about 750 rpm, then randomly drop down to about 500-600 rpm and start shaking real bad, then pick back up and smooth out.

My mods are steeda cai, bama tunes, pacesetter lt's and pacesetter o/r h pipe. I dont think it is the tunes because I have been driving with this setup for about 3 month and no problems until now.

Any ideas?

I agree to try cleaning the MAF and throttle body (both sides of blade). Then pulling the negative battery terminal for 20mins to reset the KAM memory.

It does concern me that you threw one O2 sensor code and not two. It makes me think there could be an exhaust leak on bank2 before the O2 sensor.

About how long has it been since you've installed the O/R Hpipe & LT headers? Are you running O2 extensions? Also are you able to jack up the car to take look at the connections for exhaust leaks?

Shane

Colestang_GT February 25th, 2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky (Post 7527162)
I agree to try cleaning the MAF and throttle body (both sides of blade). Then pulling the negative battery terminal for 20mins to reset the KAM memory.

It does concern me that you threw one O2 sensor code and not two. It makes me think there could be an exhaust leak on bank2 before the O2 sensor.

About how long has it been since you've installed the O/R Hpipe & LT headers? Are you running O2 extensions? Also are you able to jack up the car to take look at the connections for exhaust leaks?

Shane

I have had them installed since approximately november. I havent checked the header bolts, didnt have time to last night. But, i have been under and over it looking for a leak the other day, thats when I didnt have any tools available.

I extended the wires myself on the O2s. I pulled it and unwrapped it and I found a broke wire so I know it was bad. I got the revised tunes right after I installed them to fix the P0153 code, retarding the timing on the O2's. But until yesterday I kept getting the p0153 and p2198. Both codes for b2s1 sensor. Bama sent me another tune but it didnt help so I replaced it last night.

I will get back under it tonight and check the header bolts for a leak just in case. I also have a new fuel filter to install to. Ill check and clean the tb and maf like mentioned though.

Colestang_GT February 26th, 2014 12:47 PM

Edit... dumbass moment

AnotherS197GT February 26th, 2014 12:59 PM

Gee, your gas mileage drops when you are sitting still? Go figure... Who would have thunk the average would drop when you aren't going anywhere.

07 Boss February 26th, 2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colestang_GT (Post 7537210)
Now, my gas mileage is still bad. Like really bad. When it is idling to warm up it just keeps dropping on the mpg. Idling in my car in the parking lot eatinv lunch for 30 minutes, it has so far dropped from 11 mpg to 7.8 mpg and the miles to empty is steadily going down. It got up to 11 from being reset last night driving to school 6 miles away this morning.

My fuel filter was disgusting inside last night as well. Im throwing no cel or codes. Would seafoam or royal purple fuel treatment be good to use? Im at a loss right now. Its sucking gas like no other right now.

Mcfly! When you have the motor running and not moving your MPG is ZERO. So if you drive for 30 minutes at 16 mpg, and then sit idling, not moving, for 30 minutes at 0 MPG, your MPG will be 8. Well not exactly because it is based on the amount of fuel you burn, not time, but you get my point. it's not an instantaneous reading, but an average.

AM_Will February 26th, 2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colestang_GT (Post 7527634)
I have had them installed since approximately november. I havent checked the header bolts, didnt have time to last night. But, i have been under and over it looking for a leak the other day, thats when I didnt have any tools available.

I extended the wires myself on the O2s. I pulled it and unwrapped it and I found a broke wire so I know it was bad. I got the revised tunes right after I installed them to fix the P0153 code, retarding the timing on the O2's. But until yesterday I kept getting the p0153 and p2198. Both codes for b2s1 sensor. Bama sent me another tune but it didnt help so I replaced it last night.

I will get back under it tonight and check the header bolts for a leak just in case. I also have a new fuel filter to install to. Ill check and clean the tb and maf like mentioned though.

You replaced the O2 B2s1 last night and fixed the damaged wire? Codes are gone now correct? Let me know if they come back up after putting more miles on the car!

Shane