Racing/Recaro seats - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Garage
Racing/Recaro seats

I searched for several hours on the racing seat subject. Out of all the members here has really nobody installed a set of Recaros or corbaeu seats into a 05 or newer s197? a few threads started out well with information then as usual petered out into smoke. Does anyone have either CR1 Corbaeu's or Recaros in their vehicle and how did they overcome all the electronics involved? The 2013 Seats look really nice and I would like to install a set of seats with a similar look but I can't get any useful information.

Pictures or personal install experiences would be of great help.

"Sir, I do care! Just not about you"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 03:13 AM
The Mean Green

You pretty much loose your power seats when switching to aftermarket seats. They just aren't made to have the functions like factory seats have, I have the CR1s in my 02 and had to make the sacrifice. And FYI if your larger than a 32 waist, get the wide version.

Its not how fast you drive, but how you drive fast.
2002 Mustang GT... Just The Usual Bolt-Ons

Bolt on list in Garage...... MM Insomniac Crew
post #3 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT02GT View Post
You pretty much loose your power seats when switching to aftermarket seats. They just aren't made to have the functions like factory seats have, I have the CR1s in my 02 and had to make the sacrifice. And FYI if your larger than a 32 waist, get the wide version.
Thanks, I knew about the waist size. Your Model won't have had the same problems with the seatbelt chime and the airbag bladder as mine?
I really would like to see some pictures from someone who installed some and made all the electronics work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 03:39 AM
The Mean Green

Seat belt chime should be in the seat belt connector, not the seat I would think. I've seen it kinda done and you pretty much have to retrofit the seat to your stock seat bracket. But this will only give you front/back and up/down adjustment.

Its not how fast you drive, but how you drive fast.
2002 Mustang GT... Just The Usual Bolt-Ons

Bolt on list in Garage...... MM Insomniac Crew
post #5 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Insomniac

Garage
This was about a 30 sec search. As for the bladder you need to find a way to slip it under the cushion on the seat youre installing and it will function as normal
Airbag resistor kit! - Mustang Evolution

post #6 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRISS197 View Post
This was about a 30 sec search. As for the bladder you need to find a way to slip it under the cushion on the seat youre installing and it will function as normal
Airbag resistor kit! - Mustang Evolution
Your" 30 second" search yielded not one picture, or an installed seat. A bunch of jury rigged resistors without a context of where or what they go on. Again. No answer to any of the questions I asked.

post #7 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Regular

Ummm I can see the pics from bigchris' link just fine. Are you a member of s197 forum? Maybe that's why you can't see them?

JLT CAI, Steeda UDP's, Steeda Sways, FRPP "K" Springs, Koni Sports, BMR Adj. PHB and Brace, Hurst Billet Competition Plus STS. Corsa Xtremes, Mac Prochamber
Spelling errors Powered by Autocorrect
post #8 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go GT View Post
Ummm I can see the pics from bigchris' link just fine. Are you a member of s197 forum? Maybe that's why you can't see them?
Umm, as usual, no usable answers or pictures( yeah I am a member, did the avatar not give that away?) the only pictures I see on this link is a HOMEMADE DRAWING OF A RESISTOR CHAIN. I believed I asked a clear and specific question about 2005-2009 Mustang and anyone who has made this swap themselves and could give me some pics of the seats etc. What I get is non answers from people who have obviously not done this seat swap and really have nothing that helps to offer. So Umm... if any of the other members in this forum have done a swap to racing seats in a 2005-2009 Mustang GT and can help with pictures, install instructions and which seats worked for them, those are the guys or gal's I would like to hear from not from someone who has NOT done it and wants to belittle or smart arse for no reason whatsoever.
At least in the Mustang source forum, If someone doesn't know shit, they don't answer with bullshit.

post #9 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Regular

Wow who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? If you bothered to look at americanmuscle.com, where they provide an install guide which I'm guessing will also require you to maybe possibly pick up a phone AND CALL SOMEONE ( oh the horror!) from the seat manufacturer or the guys that sell them. Your question of making all the electronics work? What electronics? The power seats? You lose that. The airbag in the seat? You lose that. What else is there? You want racing seats with heated seats and power seats? Ask a more detailed question? Of course with your prick responses good luck getting an answer now. Happy Easter.

JLT CAI, Steeda UDP's, Steeda Sways, FRPP "K" Springs, Koni Sports, BMR Adj. PHB and Brace, Hurst Billet Competition Plus STS. Corsa Xtremes, Mac Prochamber
Spelling errors Powered by Autocorrect
post #10 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Regular

I put Recaros in my 06. I only have front air bags so that didn't matter. No power seat functions anymore. I turned off the seat belt chime with the key sequence before I ever swapped the seats. They sit lower than the factory seats at the lowest level.
post #11 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Regular

Better get him some pictures! I don't know why anyone would pay 3k for seats. They aren't even that nice! The SRT8's in the charger, challenger, and 300's have some damn nice seats! Someone should covert those bad boys haha.
post #12 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Garage
Thanks, that helped, did you have any trouble with the passenger airbag and which Recaro model did you install. the 2005 doesn't have the seat side air bag so no worry there. Everyone else here who hasn't done this is as usual just blowing smoke with no info.
And yes, if you have some pictures available that would help also so I could see what they look like before purchase. Thanks sleepy 06.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy06 View Post
I put Recaros in my 06. I only have front air bags so that didn't matter. No power seat functions anymore. I turned off the seat belt chime with the key sequence before I ever swapped the seats. They sit lower than the factory seats at the lowest level.
Thanks sleepy, that helped. Did you have any trouble with the passenger air bag light? Which Model Recaro's did you purchase and what extra items did
you need to get to install them? Yes, if you have any pictures available it would help so I can see what they look like before I purchase.
Everyone else who has been of no help at all.....

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go GT View Post
Wow who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? If you bothered to look at americanmuscle.com, where they provide an install guide which I'm guessing will also require you to maybe possibly pick up a phone AND CALL SOMEONE ( oh the horror!) from the seat manufacturer or the guys that sell them. Your question of making all the electronics work? What electronics? The power seats? You lose that. The airbag in the seat? You lose that. What else is there? You want racing seats with heated seats and power seats? Ask a more detailed question? Of course with your prick responses good luck getting an answer now. Happy Easter.
So you don't have any racing or Recaro seats in your car do you?. Oh and you try calling American muscle from Baghdad... good luck with that. This forum is always true to form. A bunch of crap posts with only one person who actually knows something.

post #13 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Premium Member

Well atleast we know it's not you! Dump this thread

2.3L TVS--2.4" PULLEY--FRPP CJ 65mm TB--JLT 127mm INTAKE--BOSCH 72# INJECTORS--KENNE BELL BAP--C&R DUAL HEAT EXCHANGER--MOTORCRAFT SP471 PLUGS--OFFROAD X--CORSA EXTREMES--170* THERMOSTAT--GATES GREEN HD BELT ---642/635 ON A MUSTANG DYNO-BIG 3 RACING
post #14 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

You know what? I have a Recaro in my car and no seat belt or airbag lights, with pictures, but you seem like you sat on your gear shifter. Maybe if you weren't such a penis head I would share them with you.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #15 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 01:18 PM
00blkvert

OP the issues with a lot of people have is they don't want to lose the power in their seats and the airbag issue. Yes it can be done but it is usually fairly complicated here is one of a few write ups on s197 forum.

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

If you have the same attitude over there you will get blown up even more

post #16 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Feb '14 ROTM

LOL at this guy.

504/433
post #17 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I always enjoy when relatively new members get butt hurt and decide to cock an attitude lol

CDC Chin Spoiler - Roush Upper/Lower Grill - Shaker Hood - MGW Shifter - MAC Prochambers/Headers - Roush O/R Extreme Catback - Eibach Lowering Springs - FRPP Hot Rod Cams - Halos/6K HID'S - BBK CAI
post #18 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

If this guys wants to keep being a dick, I say we all chip in and send fullmetal down to do the install....

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #19 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I'll bring a foot-pound torque wrench and a chainsaw

CDC Chin Spoiler - Roush Upper/Lower Grill - Shaker Hood - MGW Shifter - MAC Prochambers/Headers - Roush O/R Extreme Catback - Eibach Lowering Springs - FRPP Hot Rod Cams - Halos/6K HID'S - BBK CAI
post #20 of 28 Old April 19th, 2014, 02:15 PM
00blkvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzr confused View Post
If this guys wants to keep being a dick, I say we all chip in and send fullmetal down to do the install....
Lol to soon?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page