Sway Bars - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 Old May 26th, 2014, 09:23 AM
At the Apex pulling 1.28g

Send a message via Yahoo to Whiskey11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT T View Post
Looking through the list that whiskey posted, there is quite a difference between the 05-10 bars, and the later 2011+ bars (boss,etc). Can you use the later model bars on an 09?
The boss bars would be a nice upgrade...

Not that I would be unhappy with frpp or steeda bars.
Yes you can install them on the 05-10 cars. The bars route the same. They should come, if you buy them used, with all of the mounting hardware (except maybe the bolts and nuts) to put them on your car and they should bolt right up.

2015 Mustang GT/PP Autocross Build Thread:
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-pp-build.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 Old May 26th, 2014, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Sofa King Slow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Yep. The pressure and stress of a production kitchen can make the best of us go nuts. Takes a certain breed to actually succeed in this industry. I went to the California Culinary Academy in SF and I remember some stupid stat about how only 5% of graduates were still in the industry after 5 years. Maybe it was 3 years, but either way, it's not for everybody.

I'll figure out shipping and stuff probably on Wednesday. At least you're almost right next door. What part of Utah do you live in? You know you should just drive down and we can just install it.
I live in Salt Lake City. To drive down would be a 6 hour drive. Considering that between two jobs i've worked 2 and a half month's with 3 days off (two requests and today, Memorial day) I don't think i'd ever get the time lol. My life as of late is pretty routine. I still have to install my Koni Yellow's, springs, and adj. phb. Can't do it today, all of the alignment places are closed. #Frustration lol.

Current: Stockish 12' GT
Previous: Track Ready 10' V6
post #23 of 39 Old May 26th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Make Me Squirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCBChef18 View Post
I live in Salt Lake City. To drive down would be a 6 hour drive. Considering that between two jobs i've worked 2 and a half month's with 3 days off (two requests and today, Memorial day) I don't think i'd ever get the time lol. My life as of late is pretty routine. I still have to install my Koni Yellow's, springs, and adj. phb. Can't do it today, all of the alignment places are closed. #Frustration lol.
Depending on the springs, you really don't need an alignment right away. You could easily drive on the suspension as it sits for a day or two and cause no damage. If they're Eibach Sportlines or something seriously low, I wouldn't drive any longer than a day without an alignment, but otherwise you'll be okay for a few days.

TORCH RED APPRECIATION CLUB

C&L Racer | Eibach Pro-Kit | BMR LCAs + Relo | BMR PHB | MGW |
GT500 Strut Mounts | Bassanni Axlebacks | OR-H |Tokico D-Spec |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 39 Old May 26th, 2014, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Sofa King Slow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am ryan View Post
Depending on the springs, you really don't need an alignment right away. You could easily drive on the suspension as it sits for a day or two and cause no damage. If they're Eibach Sportlines or something seriously low, I wouldn't drive any longer than a day without an alignment, but otherwise you'll be okay for a few days.
Didn't want to take the chance with brand new MT's. On a side note. Why aren't the rear BMR bars adjustable like their fronts?

post #25 of 39 Old May 26th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I've swapped springs and struts and shocks literally dozens of times and never had an alignment done.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #26 of 39 Old May 26th, 2014, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Sofa King Slow

Garage
Quote:
I've swapped springs and struts and shocks literally dozens of times and never had an alignment done.
That's interesting. I've always been told to do an alignment when lowering.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #27 of 39 Old May 27th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Make Me Squirt

Quote:
Didn't want to take the chance with brand new MT's. On a side note. Why aren't the rear BMR bars adjustable like their fronts?

Unless you decide to go drift your car around a gravel parking lot it's going to make no difference. Tires last tens of thousands of miles. Two days with an alignment (that's likely still within factory spec anyways) is not going to damage your tires.

BMR bars? Huh?

TORCH RED APPRECIATION CLUB

C&L Racer | Eibach Pro-Kit | BMR LCAs + Relo | BMR PHB | MGW |
GT500 Strut Mounts | Bassanni Axlebacks | OR-H |Tokico D-Spec |
post #28 of 39 Old May 27th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Hot rod Stang

Garage
I live on San Antonio Bay, all the businesses close on weekends down here, I do a lot of the work on my car myself. My uncle was a Chef in the U.S. Navy, ran several steak houses in the south. Taught me many marinade tricks and to find a great butcher. Enjoy the bars!

"Roanstang" 3.7 DOHC Candy Red Metallic 2012 {RIP}
2014 DIB 3.7 w/ select shift/Sold
2016 Coyote Red/Airaid/AEM/SVE X-pipe/UPR catch/BMR cradle lock-out/J&M subframe bushings/
post #29 of 39 Old May 27th, 2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
That's interesting. I've always been told to do an alignment when lowering.

You really should get one done just to make sure you are still in spec. If you are installing a set of lowering springs with no adjustment for camber (say, GT500 plates) you still have your toe adjustment that needs to be looked at. Toe sweep on these cars can be pretty high depending on the drop and lots of toe out or toe in will destroy tires pretty quickly. It just depends on the situation though. I always err on the side of caution.

If you don't want to pay to have an alignment done you can always do it yourself with strings on jack stands.

post #30 of 39 Old May 28th, 2014, 03:37 PM

Cleaned it up a bit for ya. Still trying to find a suitable box. I got one I think I can cut down for it. I'll try and get it out to you this evening bro.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #31 of 39 Old May 28th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Backbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey11 View Post
Yes you can install them on the 05-10 cars. The bars route the same. They should come, if you buy them used, with all of the mounting hardware (except maybe the bolts and nuts) to put them on your car and they should bolt right up.
I did a look around and read that the Boss bars are the biggest on a factory mustang, and Dave pericak said that the sway bars were so large, that the traction lok clutches wouldnt hold up under hard driving. Im paraphrasing of course.

Your thoughts? It could be good info on those who want to upgrade sway bars.

2009 Colorado Red Mustang GT
FRPP Stingers, FRPP 85mm CAI, FRPP 3.73s, FRPP K-Springs, FRPP/GT500 upper strut mounts, Shelby Adjustable Panhard Bar, Tokico Str.t, Shelby CS40, GT/CS Front and Rear Bumpers, GT500 Spoiler, Jegs O/R H, fuzzy dice.
post #32 of 39 Old May 28th, 2014, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Sofa King Slow

Garage
Quote:

Cleaned it up a bit for ya. Still trying to find a suitable box. I got one I think I can cut down for it. I'll try and get it out to you this evening bro.
Sounds good.

post #33 of 39 Old May 28th, 2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT T View Post
I did a look around and read that the Boss bars are the biggest on a factory mustang, and Dave pericak said that the sway bars were so large, that the traction lok clutches wouldnt hold up under hard driving. Im paraphrasing of course.

Your thoughts? It could be good info on those who want to upgrade sway bars.
My thought is that Dave has a point. The more rear bar you run the larger the weight difference between the inside (lightest) and outside (heaviest) tires in a corner. If you are attempting to put power down this will wear the clutch packs quicker.

They don't last long to begin with. If possible, I opt for more spring rate over more bar rate for that reason. Bars are great for flatter cornering but they do so with some draw backs. I now use them solely for tuning handling bias.

post #34 of 39 Old May 28th, 2014, 09:10 PM

Got to the ups store at 6:03. Guess what time they close?

post #35 of 39 Old May 28th, 2014, 09:18 PM
'Murica

Garage
Have to say, it's been an interesting change. From a thread on someone who tried to screw a member out of parts they bought to someone who is giving them away. Looks like good in this world exists

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
post #36 of 39 Old May 28th, 2014, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Sofa King Slow

Garage
Quote:
Got to the ups store at 6:03. Guess what time they close?
Gotta love it when that happens lol. Just 3 minutes shy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpwr07 View Post
Have to say, it's been an interesting change. From a thread on someone who tried to screw a member out of parts they bought to someone who is giving them away. Looks like good in this world exists
Who tried to screw someone over?

post #37 of 39 Old May 29th, 2014, 09:19 PM

Well it's been shipped. Should be there Tuesday. Cost was $38 something. I PMed you the packing label. If you have trouble reading the tracking #, just let me know. The box and packing stuff was hanging out in the garage so I didn't have to buy anything. You can just PayPal me $40 if you want. [email protected].

post #38 of 39 Old May 29th, 2014, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Sofa King Slow

Garage
Cost of shipping refunded. Haven't used PayPal in ages. Had to "link" another account and all that fun shit. Had 12 cents saved up :

post #39 of 39 Old May 29th, 2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Cost of shipping refunded. Haven't used PayPal in ages. Had to "link" another account and all that fun shit. Had 12 cents saved up :
Lol. Happy cruising. Just grease up the bushings and go. Don't think you need new ones. Those have just a few miles on them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page