Super Charger vs Turbo/Twin Turbo: Pros and Cons of each - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old September 13th, 2006, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Super Charger vs Turbo/Twin Turbo: Pros and Cons of each

Ok well which is the cheapest, which one would yield the biggest speed increase, and which one would be the bang for your buck choice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old September 13th, 2006, 02:15 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to Drgnracin72 Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnracin72
supercharger supercharger supercharger. they are def a lot cheaper than turbos, turbos generally maek more horsepower at the same boost ince they use wasted gas to make the turbo spin instead of using the belt to make the power. they are both going to make good power but the turbos are gonna cost as much as 3x the amount of moeny to make em work. supercharger is the best bang for the buck. i suggest either the paxton novi 2200 for your car or the procharger d1-sc

RIP

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
One Big Ass Mistake America

SHEEPDOGS
post #3 of 10 Old September 13th, 2006, 11:35 PM

Well said drgnracin72!!

the only turbo system I would even think about is the new STS turbo but damn what a price tag!
Check it out here and listen, I think they woudl be cool for a while but then get annoying after a while.. Great Power though!!
http://www.ststurbo.com/2005__mustang_twin

Yes Bang for buck = Supercharger!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old September 17th, 2006, 06:42 AM

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/05-06%20Mustang.htm this kit looks very tempting...might have to throw one on my stang when I get it
post #5 of 10 Old September 17th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to Drgnracin72 Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnracin72
looks very nice but yourlooking at close to 6 grandfor that when you could throw on a procharger or novi and get close to the same power for 2 grand less

RIP

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
One Big Ass Mistake America

SHEEPDOGS
post #6 of 10 Old September 17th, 2006, 01:14 PM

Yes the STS is very expensive! with 1 major design flaw = the air inlet filter is behind the rear tires and can be subject to water log if you drive in a lot of water. To bad it makes so much friggen power.
I think your right Novi is the way to go.

Dave T - I would be cautious about the turbos under the hood as they create a lot more heat from the exhaust and you may not get as much power as a charger system..
post #7 of 10 Old September 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic05Roush
Yes the STS is very expensive! with 1 major design flaw = the air inlet filter is behind the rear tires and can be subject to water log if you drive in a lot of water. To bad it makes so much friggen power.
I think your right Novi is the way to go.

Dave T - I would be cautious about the turbos under the hood as they create a lot more heat from the exhaust and you may not get as much power as a charger system..
personally if I got the kit I would wrap the sh!t out of the up pipe and turbo I know the make turbo insulation kits, I would do as much as possible to get the heat down, that was the only issue I had with it aswell but it looks promising personally I would rather have the turbo under the hood or front bumpers than remote mounted to the back. I think I am going to go with that under the hood turbo setup prolly set the boost controller to 10 or 12 psi and let her rip Just gotta remember I can't get boost happy like in my grand nationl (I run 20PSI for street driving :award and have a boost controller in car for when a worthy oponent trys to mess with the lil old buick v6 ) If I do get that kit I would go for the StageII kit with 76mm turbo for when I pull the motor and beef up the bottom end and lower the compression
post #8 of 10 Old September 17th, 2006, 04:22 PM

post #9 of 10 Old September 17th, 2006, 04:35 PM

AAAh I see,,

yea that will sure help.
Good luck with your decision maybe you can send some pics and graphs of performance gains when your done..

Good luck.
post #10 of 10 Old September 17th, 2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic05Roush
AAAh I see,,

yea that will sure help.
Good luck with your decision maybe you can send some pics and graphs of performance gains when your done..

Good luck.
I would think so....when I get it I will let you guys know how she does, I do not think I will be dissapointed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page