Finally getting around to installing the headers - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 67 Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:08 PM
Enthusiast

My motor mount bolt cross threaded too luckily the rest are in fine and it's almost all the way in so I left it with no problem. One day I'll retread it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 67 Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:09 PM
gtscrewd

I used a combo of the factory studs (helps on install) and the bolts that came with the kooks. I've never had one loosen

tuned by performance dyno 496 rwhp 432 rwtq
July 2013 rotm winner
post #23 of 67 Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

is it probly ok if i dont put the retainer/spring clip in one of the bolts? there is no fucking way i could ever get that put in, its the third tube in and there about an inch of space

CDC Chin Spoiler - Roush Upper/Lower Grill - Shaker Hood - MGW Shifter - MAC Prochambers/Headers - Roush O/R Extreme Catback - Eibach Lowering Springs - FRPP Hot Rod Cams - Halos/6K HID'S - BBK CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 67 Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:35 PM
gtscrewd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal7777 View Post
is it probly ok if i dont put the retainer/spring clip in one of the bolts? there is no fucking way i could ever get that put in, its the third tube in and there about an inch of space
I'd use the stud and nut first. Those bolts are made to be used with clips

tuned by performance dyno 496 rwhp 432 rwtq
July 2013 rotm winner
post #25 of 67 Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:57 PM
Regular

I remember a few of my clips were a PITA to put on. I used a small dab of RTV to "glue" the clip on my finger tip. Then I positioned it in place and pushed it on with a screwdriver in my other hand. May work for you too......

322 hp/ 329 tq
C&L Racer CAI
Kooks headers with catted H
Borla Touring Mufflers
FRPP 4:10s
Steeda UDP
CHE UCA
BMR LCA, Relocation Brackets, Panhard, Handling Springs
Steeda Srut Mounts
Koni ST-R
MGW shifter
post #26 of 67 Old January 3rd, 2015, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

what about if i loosen the motor mount bolts, then lower the engine and get the mount on right, then re-tighten the bolts? having a difficult time here getting this mount back on lol

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankus06 View Post
I remember a few of my clips were a PITA to put on. I used a small dab of RTV to "glue" the clip on my finger tip. Then I positioned it in place and pushed it on with a screwdriver in my other hand. May work for you too......
thats a damn good idea actually

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

about an hour of trying to get that shit head in and i did it! Rankus06, i love you lol

CDC Chin Spoiler - Roush Upper/Lower Grill - Shaker Hood - MGW Shifter - MAC Prochambers/Headers - Roush O/R Extreme Catback - Eibach Lowering Springs - FRPP Hot Rod Cams - Halos/6K HID'S - BBK CAI
post #27 of 67 Old January 3rd, 2015, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

passenger side motor mount is OUT and im working on the last header probly done for the night though. Having to learn all this shit and its taking me twice as long as it normally would if i new what i was doing.

post #28 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 07:13 AM
RAT FINK

Quote:
what about if i loosen the motor mount bolts, then lower the engine and get the mount on right, then re-tighten the bolts? having a difficult time here getting this mount back on lol
I would only do that if you're only placing the mount on the (chassis side) stud but not tightening down the nut. Otherwise you're asking for more problems.

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & catted H, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax, Brembos
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD
post #29 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Went an entire day without an update....did the motor fall on ya?

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #30 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzr confused View Post
Went an entire day without an update....did the motor fall on ya?
I got the other header on and torqued lol next up motor mount and putting it all back together . So far no disasters!

post #31 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 12:50 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveTheBlue View Post
My motor mount bolt cross threaded too luckily the rest are in fine and it's almost all the way in so I left it with no problem. One day I'll retread it
That's a disaster waiting to happen. Fix it ASAP.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #32 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Insomniac

Garage
I have a bad feeling lol

post #33 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
That's a disaster waiting to happen. Fix it ASAP.
For once this isn't directed at me, sweet

post #34 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

alright boys, ive run into a bit of trouble.
1: the steering wheel shaft wont connect up on both side. The steering wheel locked, so (i think) theres no way it could of moved, but the notches just dont match up :/ The only thing i can think is that the u-joint at the bottom end moved somehow?
2: the motor mounts would click into there mounting. There kind of off, i was just going to get the car on flat land again and loosen the top bolt on both sides and hope to god that when i jack the engine up again, theyll click back in. Thoughts?

kind of screwed here with the steering wheel shaft lol it looks like the angle are good tho, but it looks like the notches literally moved on the bottom end or some shit. thanks guys

post #35 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
For once this isn't directed at me, sweet
Lol why is it a dis aster waiting to happen? Honestly idk if it's even cross threaded, bolt just looks about a half inch too long. By not all the way in I mean literally a half inch tops. It's pretty snug, doubt it'll go anywhere
post #36 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Insomniac

Garage
1. Are you sure youre putting the steering shaft in correctly? It is possible to put it in backwards
2. Not sure what you mean about the mounts, would need pictures.

post #37 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRISS197 View Post
1. Are you sure youre putting the steering shaft in correctly? It is possible to put it in backwards
2. Not sure what you mean about the mounts, would need pictures.
1. I'm pretty sure I am, I left the u-joint connected on one side and the other side the u-joint is connected to the car
2. Yeah I figured lol I'll take some tomarrow

post #38 of 67 Old January 5th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Can I ask you a serious favor? Next time you work on your car, can you PLEASE film it?

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #39 of 67 Old January 6th, 2015, 07:21 AM
00blkvert

I dont get what you are asking about the motor mounts but for the steering shaft did you possibly pull on and of.your rotors or hub assembly and turn them. Even though your steering wheel is locked the bottom side isn't.
post #40 of 67 Old January 6th, 2015, 11:20 AM
MM Fanatic

Unbolt the bottom two bolts for the motor mounts so they can move, lower the engine onto the stud (u have the stock mounts right?), then, if the bottom two holes for the mounts dont line up, put a screwdriver in the hole and line them up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page