Cobra Jet manifold tuning issues? - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Regular
 
PUNISHER08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 135
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Cobra Jet manifold tuning issues?

Since I've swapped my manifold out for the CJ, my car has run pretty rough. It bounces like crazy at idle, especially during cold start, then when I'm cruising it surges/bounces just enough to make you go crazy. I'm working with BAMA to get it worked out, and with every revision it gets a little better. Just wondering if any of you guys have had similar issues that turned out to not to be tune related? I've checked all my lines for leaks, so it's not vacuum.

Here's a list of mods: CJ intake with twin 67mm TB from CFM, JLT CJ CAI, JBA long tubes with catted h, factory over axles, and flowmaster American thunders.

2014 GT, haven't gotten around to changing my sig and stuff.



MILITARY CREW USAF E-5
PUNISHER08GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 01:20 AM
EVERYDAYIMHUSTLING
 
Pullingees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Here
Posts: 481
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Yep, do a search and it's common. Jon Lund has this down pat from what I hear, a lot of data logging needed though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
Like I enjoy the car, its fun when I can have fun... but its kinda like... actually its exactly like dating a hot chick that only puts out on weekends.
Pullingees is offline  
post #3 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Zip's half naked helper
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,663
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Auto or manual? I suspect your choice of cai may also be an issue if an auto.

Have you been data logging the car or just getting revisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
Marc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Authorized Vendor
 
AMAlexLazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 736
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNISHER08GT View Post
Since I've swapped my manifold out for the CJ, my car has run pretty rough. It bounces like crazy at idle, especially during cold start, then when I'm cruising it surges/bounces just enough to make you go crazy. I'm working with BAMA to get it worked out, and with every revision it gets a little better. Just wondering if any of you guys have had similar issues that turned out to not to be tune related? I've checked all my lines for leaks, so it's not vacuum.

Here's a list of mods: CJ intake with twin 67mm TB from CFM, JLT CJ CAI, JBA long tubes with catted h, factory over axles, and flowmaster American thunders.

2014 GT, haven't gotten around to changing my sig and stuff.

Hey Punisher - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having here! Despite the CJ being a pretty heavy duty intake mani this is super basic for the Bama Team and I'd like to look into your logs personally with Paul - We just had Justin from Bama's '13 GT set up last week (Check out the video below) and I'm confident that they'll be able to get this sorted for you. Shoot me a PM with either your order number or your ticket number and I'll get on this right now for you!


Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
post #5 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 10:34 AM
11.5:1 or GTFO
 
Rotard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 12,899
               
iTrader: 1 reviews
Well I see the main problem but I'll keep my mouth shut. Definitely going to take some logs to get it set up right.

03 Mustang GT- Traded
2011 Premium Kona Blue 5.0: On3 Twin 60s
2006 Blue Granite Silverado 1500: Leveled, Fuels, 33s

Instagram: treysonm
Rotard is offline  
post #6 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 85
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotard View Post
Well I see the main problem but I'll keep my mouth shut. Definitely going to take some logs to get it set up right.


OP, hope you get it running good soon!

Mike

2013 Mustang GT Coupe, 6M, 3.73, Brembo Pack.
AED Tune, Airraid, CAI, SW Retro Exhaust
Rdrcr is offline  
post #7 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 03:11 PM
It'll be bout tree fiddy
 
GT350pwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 3,429
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Lots and lots of logs. Hope you get it sorted!

JLT cai is also known to be kiiiiiinda sub par as far as quality goes.

Instagram @tykep91
GT350pwns is offline  
post #8 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Regular
 
PUNISHER08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 135
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Punisher - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having here! Despite the CJ being a pretty heavy duty intake mani this is super basic for the Bama Team and I'd like to look into your logs personally with Paul - We just had Justin from Bama's '13 GT set up last week (Check out the video below) and I'm confident that they'll be able to get this sorted for you. Shoot me a PM with either your order number or your ticket number and I'll get on this right now for you!


Alex
Paul has my most recent logs. He's been awesome about working with me on it.
I just wondered if anyone had found the issue to be anything other than tune related, but it seems that it's just going to take a lot of back and forth with Revisions and logs, but we will get it ironed out. It doesn't help that I'm using a twin 67mm over the super CJ TB. I love the set up, just ready to get the power smoothed out.



MILITARY CREW USAF E-5
PUNISHER08GT is offline  
post #9 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Hi I'm Sean
 
ford20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 3,962
         
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350pwns View Post
Lots and lots of logs. Hope you get it sorted!

JLT cai is also known to be kiiiiiinda sub par as far as quality goes.
The 3V intakes have been pretty good and was what put his product into the spotlight IMO. The 5.0 stuff has been junk.
ford20 is offline  
post #10 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Enthusiast
 
kdanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 597
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Cheap shit throttle body
Cheap shit CAI
Cheap shit calibration



Results=unsatisfactory
Imagine that.

NA 2011 GT Auto
[email protected]
Texas Mile - 152.8 half mile/180.0 mile
kdanner is offline  
post #11 of 39 Old March 25th, 2015, 11:18 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Shaun13GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 21,024
                     
iTrader: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
Cheap shit throttle body
Cheap shit CAI
Cheap shit calibration



Results=unsatisfactory
Imagine that.


I was waiting for someone to say it. Really though, you bought basically the bottom of the barrel supporting mods. That's why.

14 Mustang GT M6 - TVS, Kooks Full Exhaust, AED Tune
11.04 @ 130.1
621/557 @ 8.6psi
Previous Cars
09 Corvette Z06 - 11.7 @ 123.5 (stock)
13 Mustang GT Bolt Ons - 11.58 @ 122.13
03 Mustang GT Vortech - 11.98 @ 118.68
Shaun13GT/CS is offline  
post #12 of 39 Old March 26th, 2015, 12:17 AM
EVERYDAYIMHUSTLING
 
Pullingees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Here
Posts: 481
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
Cheap shit throttle body
Cheap shit CAI
Cheap shit calibration



Results=unsatisfactory
Imagine that.
Speechless, well not really, LMFAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
Like I enjoy the car, its fun when I can have fun... but its kinda like... actually its exactly like dating a hot chick that only puts out on weekends.
Pullingees is offline  
post #13 of 39 Old March 26th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
scottmach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Haven CT
Posts: 1,220
 
iTrader: 2 reviews
Can we make this thread a "sticky" for the newbies on how what not to do with your car?

2015 Mustang GT Premium Automatic Ingot Silver

2011 Mustang GT Automatic Grabber Blue Sold
scottmach is offline  
post #14 of 39 Old March 26th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Authorized Vendor
 
AMAlexLazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 736
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNISHER08GT View Post
Paul has my most recent logs. He's been awesome about working with me on it.
I just wondered if anyone had found the issue to be anything other than tune related, but it seems that it's just going to take a lot of back and forth with Revisions and logs, but we will get it ironed out. It doesn't help that I'm using a twin 67mm over the super CJ TB. I love the set up, just ready to get the power smoothed out.
Hey -

Received and replied to your PM - You'll be in good shape soon and I'll make sure that Paul and the Bama Team get their eyes on this right now. Don't hesitate to let me know if you're to have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
post #15 of 39 Old March 26th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Zip's half naked helper
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,663
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmach View Post
Can we make this thread a "sticky" for the newbies on how what not to do with your car?
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
Marc is offline  
post #16 of 39 Old March 26th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 332
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I keep hearing people bashing bama tunes.

some who I think probably have never had one on their car or for that matter have ever had their car tuned.

It's really unfortunate.
Jordang is offline  
post #17 of 39 Old March 26th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Biz Jet Fixer
 
jdos1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: York & Greenville, SC
Posts: 4,985
           
iTrader: 20 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to jdos1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350pwns View Post
Lots and lots of logs. Hope you get it sorted!

JLT cai is also known to be kiiiiiinda sub par as far as quality goes.
Only kinda? JLT products for the 2011+ are shit.

2011 5.0 6MT, 3.73, Amsoil SS 10w-30 & MTG, Borla S Type A/B, DSS Alum Driveshaft, AirAid CAI, MGW Shifter, BBR Billet LCAs, FRPP Strut Brace, BMR Springs/Adj Panhard/LCA relos/Adj UCA, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Tuned by AED!!!
jdos1 is offline  
post #18 of 39 Old March 26th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Zip's half naked helper
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,663
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
I keep hearing people bashing bama tunes.

some who I think probably have never had one on their car or for that matter have ever had their car tuned.

It's really unfortunate.

Then there are those of us who have had, and are now not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
Marc is offline  
post #19 of 39 Old March 26th, 2015, 04:03 PM
\_(ツ)_/
 
Levi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 3,679
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Then there are those of us who have had, and are now not.
Started with Bama, now with Lund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
How did this gorilla stuff even get started in a thread about me taking it hard in the ass?
Levi is offline  
post #20 of 39 Old March 26th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Authorized Vendor
 
AMAlexLazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 736
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Then there are those of us who have had, and are now not.
Shot you a PM.

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome