AM's Raxiom Navigation sucks. - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 46 Old July 15th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Regular

How do those of us that have already had this unit get the update? And how can I get my Sirius XM ID number?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 Old July 20th, 2015, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Just an update on the thread...

- No AM Gift card was sent my way...

- Nav hasn't been able to update, this was Rosin (the nav manufacturer) response:

Quote:
you may have a bad nav card if so you would need to buy a new one
They've sent me an order form to fill out... Requesting credit card information. Wtf?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	order form.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	158009  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #23 of 46 Old July 20th, 2015, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

My response:

What do you mean I have to order an SD Card? You sent me this SD Card a week ago in the mail. Now you're saying I need to buy one? This was the tracking #: {removed}

This update was supposed to fix the bad firmware in my navigation. Can I update this without having to 'order' another (possible faulty) SD Card?

Jordan

Quote:
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 46 Old July 20th, 2015, 11:59 PM
Biz Jet Fixer

Send a message via Yahoo to jdos1
PM the AM rep again.

2011 5.0 6MT, 3.73, Amsoil SS 10w-30 & MTG, Borla S Type A/B, DSS Alum Driveshaft, AirAid CAI, MGW Shifter, BBR Billet LCAs, FRPP Strut Brace, BMR Springs/Adj Panhard/LCA relos/Adj UCA, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Tuned by AED!!!
post #25 of 46 Old July 21st, 2015, 04:41 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Just an update on the thread...

- No AM Gift card was sent my way...

- Nav hasn't been able to update, this was Rosin (the nav manufacturer) response:

They've sent me an order form to fill out... Requesting credit card information. Wtf?

Quote:
My response:

What do you mean I have to order an SD Card? You sent me this SD Card a week ago in the mail. Now you're saying I need to buy one? This was the tracking #: {removed}

This update was supposed to fix the bad firmware in my navigation. Can I update this without having to 'order' another (possible faulty) SD Card?

Jordan
Hey Solid,

Thanks for the update and in regards to the Gift card, it's been sent out and should be in your mailbox any day now!

In regards to the GPS, It looks like whoever you talked to on the phone was not too familiar with what is going on and I apologize.

Keep your phone close to you, I have someone from reaching out to you ASAP that will get this fixed.

Hang tight!

-Will
post #26 of 46 Old July 21st, 2015, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Hey Will,

I sent an email to [email protected] with additional details about the situation and I'm waiting to hear their response. Hopefully we can get this squared away....

Quote:
post #27 of 46 Old July 22nd, 2015, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hey Will,

I sent an email to [email protected] with additional details about the situation and I'm waiting to hear their response. Hopefully we can get this squared away....
Solid,

I am 100% confident that we'll get you squared away man.

I appreciate you being patient and I'm just a PM away if you need anything at all.

-Will
post #28 of 46 Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:44 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by achamb7 View Post
How do those of us that have already had this unit get the update? And how can I get my Sirius XM ID number?
Any update on my questions? Not trying to thread jack but if there's an update available...

'07 Tungsten Gray GT
FRPP 3.73s, K&N CAI, Mac AB, Bama tuned

'12 Yellow Blaze GT Premium
Black Vortech V-3, Boss 302 IM/STB, J&M LCAs, Eibach Pro Kit, Lethal O/R X-pipe, Roush AB, AMR 19s/20s, Barton shifter/2 post, Lund II tuned
post #29 of 46 Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:58 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by achamb7 View Post
Any update on my questions? Not trying to thread jack but if there's an update available...
Hey man,

If you currently have the Nav and are not running into the heat issues, then you most likely have the newest update!

If you are having trouble, shoot me over a PM and we'll get a new card sent out to you also.

Hope this helps!

-Will
post #30 of 46 Old July 28th, 2015, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Just an update...

AM's nice present came in the mail today. Thanks Will!

Rosen hasn't really done much but tell me to check my sd card slot, blow in it (lol), and possibly blame my wire harness. Last week they asked for me to video record what the issue is. I don't know how much more clear I can be with them, so I video recorded me trying to update the nav onto Youtube, then I sent them the link. That was last Friday and I have not heard from them since.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Just for fun, here's the Youtube video I made for Rosen:

Quote:
post #31 of 46 Old July 30th, 2015, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

It's been 7 days and no response. I sent a follow up email. I can't believe they haven't been able to offer any help so far.

Quote:
post #32 of 46 Old July 30th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Pull the shit back out and send it back.
solidhadriel likes this.
post #33 of 46 Old July 30th, 2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
It's been 7 days and no response. I sent a follow up email. I can't believe they haven't been able to offer any help so far.
Don't know if this will work but I went on the Rosen site and found this.
http://tinyurl.com/qxm66mf - page 41
Although it doesn't directly apply to your problem and it may not be your exact unit it does state that to get into the calibration screen you hit "NAV" immediately after the self-test completes.
I'd give that a try and if that doesn't work, start again and press a different button.
What sucks is the lack of support you're getting from Rosen.
I had intentions of putting one of these in this summer but now I'm having second thoughts.
Hopefully you get this resolved soon.
Good luck.

2013 GT / Deep Impact Blue / Steeda Shifter & Bracket / Spoiler Delete / ProCal tune / GT500 AB / 3.55 /
post #34 of 46 Old July 31st, 2015, 02:34 AM
Regular

Garage
Pull it out, return it, and get a navi deck with a METRA dash kit. You won't regret it and you won't have anymore issues.
post #35 of 46 Old July 31st, 2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny 2008GT View Post
Don't know if this will work but I went on the Rosen site and found this.
http://tinyurl.com/qxm66mf - page 41
Although it doesn't directly apply to your problem and it may not be your exact unit it does state that to get into the calibration screen you hit "NAV" immediately after the self-test completes.
I'd give that a try and if that doesn't work, start again and press a different button.
What sucks is the lack of support you're getting from Rosen.
I had intentions of putting one of these in this summer but now I'm having second thoughts.
Hopefully you get this resolved soon.
Good luck.
I'll check that out when I get home later and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the Tip!

I figured a company like them would be more professional about handling customer support too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcobra View Post
Pull it out, return it, and get a navi deck with a METRA dash kit. You won't regret it and you won't have anymore issues.
I really like the look of these units and they were priced competitively; I like that it integrates with Sync as well. When I was shopping, other navs don't look factory and didn't integrate so well. I'm hoping to avoid having to dig into my dash again.

So, I get this email this morning:

At this point, I can't tell if they're BSing me or being serious. I've gotten all of their other emails just fine until now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	828
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	159241  

Quote:
post #36 of 46 Old July 31st, 2015, 01:35 PM
ayyy lmao

Did you check your spam or trash? I've had that happen to me a few times doing help desk related things. Either the exchange server caught my e-mail and tossed it for some reason or it just went directly to the users spam.

Instagram - Cookiewhistle

post #37 of 46 Old July 31st, 2015, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiewhistle View Post
Did you check your spam or trash? I've had that happen to me a few times doing help desk related things. Either the exchange server caught my e-mail and tossed it for some reason or it just went directly to the users spam.
Yeah, I checked my inbox and spam for any keywords related to 'rosen' and I also searched for their email address in my spam and inbox. The only emails that came up are the ones I've responded to.

I am doubting they sent me an email...

Quote:
post #38 of 46 Old July 31st, 2015, 03:18 PM
ayyy lmao

I can dig that then. If they have your contact information then I fail to see why they wouldn't call you or try another means of reaching out if they didn't receive a response after two e-mails. Sounds like their tech support is nothing but a soup sandwich.

Instagram - Cookiewhistle

post #39 of 46 Old August 6th, 2015, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Yeah, so AM actually ended up emailing me asking me to call them. I was trying to keep to emails since I'm at work and I don't have my car with me. But it was a good thing I called. I talked to a guy who isn't their email support, and he seems to be escalating things better. They're going to send me out some new SD cards to try to update. He said if that doesn't work I'll need to contact AM for a third replacement.

Quote:
post #40 of 46 Old January 18th, 2016, 01:35 PM

I'm having an issue with my Raxiom Navigation that I got from American Muscle. Everything works on the unit with the exception of the nav. Each time I press the nav button, the screen either goes blank or it starts to load and then goes back to the home screen for the radio? Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page