AM's Raxiom Navigation sucks. - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 Old July 6th, 2015, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

AM's Raxiom Navigation sucks.

I ordered my Raxiom Navigation over a year ago. Months within installing it, my first one started failing on a daily basis.

They (AM) told me it was due to the Nav's overheating protection being faulty.

So AM was awesome about sending me a replacement and then allowing me to install it, and ship the old one back. That fixed my problem for a little while (probably because the weather was cooler at that time)...Until summer rolls around.

In California our summers can get pretty warm. It seems that any time we get our warm days (usually summer), my Navigation screen goes black and I have to disconnect my battery and reconnect it to reset the "overheating protection" or whatever on my already replaced navigation.

So in other words, on our nice warm sunny days, my navigation doesn't work. What a load of crap.

I'm not sure I'd ever order another raxiom nav or recommend one. It is embarrassing when your with friends and your nav doesn't come on and you have to pop the hood...

Edit, here's a video of my car on and the nav not workingMight want to mute your speakers. Sorry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?

Last edited by solidhadriel; July 7th, 2015 at 04:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old July 6th, 2015, 08:18 PM
I love to skydive

SoCal doesn't get hot haha. It's comfortable.
RunninOn6 and Towelie like this.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #3 of 46 Old July 6th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Regular

I'm not sticking up for Raxiom but, have you called AM back up on the new unit? It's got a 2 year warranty so should be covered. You also might want to PM one of the AM guys here on the forum. They actually get stuff done and fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old July 7th, 2015, 02:12 AM
SlowFiveOh

I've read a ton of mixed opinions & experiences with those head units. And I didn't buy one for that reason.

2013 5.0 / Roush TVS 82mm / VMP Twin 67mm TB / ID1000's /JPC Longtubes / Kooks AB's / 1 piece aluminum DS / BMR Suspension + Strange struts/shocks
Instagram ~ @slowfiveoh
post #5 of 46 Old July 7th, 2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr4456 View Post
SoCal doesn't get hot haha. It's comfortable.
If 100*-110* isn't considered hot, then I think you are pretty crazy lol. We hit those temps regularly during summer, and hit about 80* during winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13v6 View Post
I'm not sticking up for Raxiom but, have you called AM back up on the new unit? It's got a 2 year warranty so should be covered. You also might want to PM one of the AM guys here on the forum. They actually get stuff done and fast.
I went through the process once before. I'm not sure it's going to make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
I've read a ton of mixed opinions & experiences with those head units. And I didn't buy one for that reason.
Its awesome when it works (even though the navigation sucks and sends you weird ways), but its still nice to have.

Quote:
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #6 of 46 Old July 7th, 2015, 12:40 PM
I love to skydive

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
If 100*-110* isn't considered hot, then I think you are pretty crazy lol. We hit those temps regularly during summer, and hit about 80* during winter.

I went through the process once before. I'm not sure it's going to make a difference.

Its awesome when it works (even though the navigation sucks and sends you weird ways), but its still nice to have.

Idk. I was in San Diego in July and it was 90 and everybody thought they were melting. I loved it haha.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #7 of 46 Old July 7th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
I ordered my Raxiom Navigation over a year ago. Months within installing it, my first one started failing on a daily basis.

They (AM) told me it was due to the Nav's overheating protection being faulty.

So AM was awesome about sending me a replacement and then allowing me to install it, and ship the old one back. That fixed my problem for a little while (probably because the weather was cooler at that time)...Until summer rolls around.

In California our summers can get pretty warm. It seems that any time we get our warm days (usually summer), my Navigation screen goes black and I have to disconnect my battery and reconnect it to reset the "overheating protection" or whatever on my already replaced navigation.

So in other words, on our nice warm sunny days, my navigation doesn't work. What a load of crap.

I'm not sure I'd ever order another raxiom nav or recommend one. It is embarrassing when your with friends and your nav doesn't come on and you have to pop the hood...

Edit, here's a video of my car on and the nav not workingMight want to mute your speakers. Sorry)

raxiom not working - YouTube
Hey solid,

First of all, I wanted to personally apologize about the trouble.

It's definitely not what I like to hear, but I am confident that we can get you all setup.

I just got in contact with my guys over at Raxiom and demanded a solution. Luckily, my demands were answered in about thirty seconds and it's easier than we both originally thought.

What my guys told you originally, was correct- the screen was going into fail-safe mode and shutting off and we originally thought that the units had bad sensors but it turned out to be the firmware.

The new firmware does not have this problem and your screen will not shut off no matter how hot it is. On top of that, you don't even have to rip apart your dash as the firmware will show up at your door in the form of an SD card to replace your current.

I will have the new firmware shipped as soon as I get your address, and I will also send you a $100 AM gift card on me for your inconvenience.

Looking forward to hearing from you and I promise we'll get you smiling again!

-Will
post #8 of 46 Old July 7th, 2015, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Hey Will. A PM is coming your way. I didn't come here expecting that. I just needed to vent!

Jordan

Quote:
post #9 of 46 Old July 7th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hey Will. A PM is coming your way. I didn't come here expecting that. I just needed to vent!

Jordan

Expect the unexpected my friend! I'm here to help whenever I can and I assure you, we'll get you smiling again.

Looking over your PM now!

-Will
post #10 of 46 Old July 8th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Regular

Garage
It's great that American Muscle is taking care of you and they have good customer service. I would have either gone with a good dash kit, and aftermarket radio with built in navigation to avoid this though. Even when choosing dash kits, there are some better than others.
post #11 of 46 Old July 8th, 2015, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcobra View Post
It's great that American Muscle is taking care of you and they have good customer service. I would have either gone with a good dash kit, and aftermarket radio with built in navigation to avoid this though. Even when choosing dash kits, there are some better than others.
None of the dash kits I've seen come close to looking as nice (that I seen when shopping), and the ones that look decent have buttons in odd positions. Those were a few other reasons why I went with the Raxiom Nav. It was the cleanest looking one.

Quote:
post #12 of 46 Old July 9th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM_Will View Post
Hey solid,

First of all, I wanted to personally apologize about the trouble.

It's definitely not what I like to hear, but I am confident that we can get you all setup.

I just got in contact with my guys over at Raxiom and demanded a solution. Luckily, my demands were answered in about thirty seconds and it's easier than we both originally thought.

What my guys told you originally, was correct- the screen was going into fail-safe mode and shutting off and we originally thought that the units had bad sensors but it turned out to be the firmware.

The new firmware does not have this problem and your screen will not shut off no matter how hot it is. On top of that, you don't even have to rip apart your dash as the firmware will show up at your door in the form of an SD card to replace your current.

I will have the new firmware shipped as soon as I get your address, and I will also send you a $100 AM gift card on me for your inconvenience.

Looking forward to hearing from you and I promise we'll get you smiling again!

-Will
Does this firmware come pre-installed on all units now? I purchased a unit open box from you guys and I want to make sure I'm not going to have this issue before I install it.
post #13 of 46 Old July 12th, 2015, 12:56 AM
2013 5.0 Deep Impact Blue

The mixed reviews is what was keeping me from getting one. But as you can see AM has awesome customer support.

post #14 of 46 Old July 12th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyt03gt View Post
But as you can see AM has awesome customer support.
No, their customer support sucks big time. They AM guys here on the forums are great and seem to be about the only way to get anything done over there. Stuff that the phone support people should be able to handle on the first call.
post #15 of 46 Old July 13th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyt03gt View Post
The mixed reviews is what was keeping me from getting one. But as you can see AM has awesome customer support.
Hey Johnny,

Although there were definitely some well known issues when the kit first came out, they were pretty much completely taken care of with the new kits/ firmware and work pretty darn well!

I ran one in my previous 12' and absolutely loved it.

If you wanted to give one a shot, let me know and I can hook you up with a killer deal.

-Will

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13v6 View Post
No, their customer support sucks big time. They AM guys here on the forums are great and seem to be about the only way to get anything done over there. Stuff that the phone support people should be able to handle on the first call.
Hey 13,

Sorry to hear that you were having issues with some of our phone reps.

They are definitely trained to make sure our customers are taken care of but sometimes do have to follow a different protocol then us.

If you ever have any problems, or even any questions.

I'm just a PM away.

-Will
post #16 of 46 Old July 14th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM_Will View Post
Hey Johnny,

Although there were definitely some well known issues when the kit first came out, they were pretty much completely taken care of with the new kits/ firmware and work pretty darn well!

I ran one in my previous 12' and absolutely loved it.

If you wanted to give one a shot, let me know and I can hook you up with a killer deal.

-Will

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Hey 13,

Sorry to hear that you were having issues with some of our phone reps.

They are definitely trained to make sure our customers are taken care of but sometimes do have to follow a different protocol then us.

If you ever have any problems, or even any questions.

I'm just a PM away.

-Will
Hey Will, do you mind addressing my question from above?
post #17 of 46 Old July 14th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen247 View Post
Hey Will, do you mind addressing my question from above?

Hey man,

Sorry that I missed your question!

Yes, the Firmware comes pre-installed on all new units.

Hope this helps.

-Will
post #18 of 46 Old July 14th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Jordan did that fix your shit?

AM's customer service is always top notch, anytime I have ever called in I've been taken care of.
post #19 of 46 Old July 14th, 2015, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
The Aviator

I just got the tracking number last night. FedEx says it should be here tomorrow. Hoping it does!

I won't know until we get some hots days (which might be next week if temps keep climbing.) If the unit works good after the update, and nothing catastrophic happens, I'll update my thread title at least to 'AMs Raxiom Navigation' (minus the sucks)

Quote:
post #20 of 46 Old July 15th, 2015, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
The Aviator

I came home surprised to see the package actually showed up today. (Well the SD cards from Rosin.)

Maybe I'm just tired from work, but I followed the instructions Raxiom/Rosin provided in the package and my unit does not go into update mode. I tried about 10 times. I will follow up with an email to Rosin tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions. No luck so far.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page