pedders coilovers? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old August 3rd, 2015, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Regular

pedders coilovers?

Have never heard of pedders company but seems to be very popular over seas. Have an opportunity to by a used kit for my 14 stang with 5k miles on them for about half price of new. Did out the math and springs are roughly 400lb F and 270 R give or take (did it rear quick dont quote me on it).

Anyone know how they would stack up to ground controls kit? Thats what I was planning on running next year with about the same set up to start off for mostly autocross use. Thanks for advise kind of need to know within the day not to miss out.

Here is a link to the model and details but not the exact set as these are used im looking at.
Pedders Coilovers Brand New Mustang 2005

'00 Mustang 266hp 305 ft/lbs Sold
'14 Mustang premium with track package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old August 4th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Enthusiast

No idea man. First time I have heard of that brand. I love my GC's, and to be honest I'm glad I didnt get the Cortex kit for 1,000 more. The GC's have really surprised me on how well they perform for my needs. Do you know the reason they are for sale and no longer on the original car?

17 Golf R
11 5.0 Prem|RXT|Vortech 3.33|Lund|WstGate 9.7psi|JLT|BAP|ID1000|Stoptech ST-40|3:55|MGW+BFR|DSS|F14 20x9&10.5|MPSS 275/295|GC Coilovers|TR Hood|JPC BOV|BMR Full Sus|ARH LT/Catted H to GT500|NRG Seats & Rear Seat Del|Boss Stuff|Spkrs
post #3 of 20 Old August 4th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Pretty sure Pedders is out of business. They used to be big in the Monaro/GTO community.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old August 4th, 2015, 10:56 AM
No longer Maching out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
Pretty sure Pedders is out of business. They used to be big in the Monaro/GTO community.
+1, Pedders is out of business.

2003 TR Mach 1 - Sold!

1993 LX Hatch - 331, AFR 195, Comp XE282HR, Holley Systemax, TKO 600, Ridetech Coilovers, Baer brakes, and alot more...budget build
post #5 of 20 Old August 4th, 2015, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaly1 View Post
No idea man. First time I have heard of that brand. I love my GC's, and to be honest I'm glad I didnt get the Cortex kit for 1,000 more. The GC's have really surprised me on how well they perform for my needs. Do you know the reason they are for sale and no longer on the original car?

Found out more information today, he is selling because they are too stiff for him to drive daily ( fine with me mine's only used at meets and races). He bought them with about 500 miles on them from a guy who was de-modding his mustang, Then drove on them for 5k and wants to go softer on the suspension. The part number matches kit that saleen used in this link.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2010 Ford Saleen Mustang - Hot Rod Magazine

From what I can find and goes along with what ya'll said pedders is out of business now or bought out by BC/megan coilovers. not sure what happened no info on it but its something like that. saleen worked with pedders somewhere between 05-10 and made a bunch with the part number 162052 which is what this guy has and I'm hoping they are might be worth the gamble on them to hold me out for a couple years.

post #6 of 20 Old August 5th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Enthusiast

Well, if its like $500 or less I'd really consider it. Other than that probably not. One, no more warranty. Two, gonna be hard to get rid of them if you dont like them being that the third owner now wants to get rid of them.

17 Golf R
11 5.0 Prem|RXT|Vortech 3.33|Lund|WstGate 9.7psi|JLT|BAP|ID1000|Stoptech ST-40|3:55|MGW+BFR|DSS|F14 20x9&10.5|MPSS 275/295|GC Coilovers|TR Hood|JPC BOV|BMR Full Sus|ARH LT/Catted H to GT500|NRG Seats & Rear Seat Del|Boss Stuff|Spkrs
post #7 of 20 Old August 5th, 2015, 08:19 AM
\_(ツ)_/

I road in a roush couple weeks ago, and he had some on his car, they road a lot better then my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
How did this gorilla stuff even get started in a thread about me taking it hard in the ass?
post #8 of 20 Old August 16th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Regular

They seem to make nice stuff. There camber plates are almost identical to Vorshlag, same color and everything.

WL Adj. Swaybars, WL Watts Link,
Bilstein Coilovers 440/175, JBA mufflers,
BMR U&L control arms w/ brackets,
19x9.5 et45's on 285's squared!
post #9 of 20 Old August 16th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam03rc View Post
Have never heard of pedders company but seems to be very popular over seas. Have an opportunity to by a used kit for my 14 stang with 5k miles on them for about half price of new. Did out the math and springs are roughly 400lb F and 270 R give or take (did it rear quick dont quote me on it).

Anyone know how they would stack up to ground controls kit? Thats what I was planning on running next year with about the same set up to start off for mostly autocross use. Thanks for advise kind of need to know within the day not to miss out.

Here is a link to the model and details but not the exact set as these are used im looking at.
Pedders Coilovers Brand New Mustang 2005
What class are you competing in Autox?
post #10 of 20 Old August 17th, 2015, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Regular

I took a pass on the pedders, getting koni sa with coilover sleeves used.

Right now im in F-street I'm still stock just exhaust, brake pads, and tires. Next season either going to build the car to STU or ESP rules or might use CAM-C since the PAX time is the best we can get for pony cars.

post #11 of 20 Old August 18th, 2015, 12:37 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
I took a pass on the pedders, getting koni sa with coilover sleeves used.

Right now im in F-street I'm still stock just exhaust, brake pads, and tires. Next season either going to build the car to STU or ESP rules or might use CAM-C since the PAX time is the best we can get for pony cars.
IMO you may have way more fun in STU than the other classes you have mentioned. My understanding is that the RWD tire width is going to be even wider next year? I know the STU awd is getting 255s,compared to the 245 limit they had this year. Locally, we have a lot of STIs competing in STU. But the RWD STU cars are about to take over, esp with the regular c6 corvette being a new STU car.

I don't know how long you've had the car or your autox experience, but I wouldn't jump right on the Coilover setup. It takes anywhere from half the season to an entire season to really dial in the coilovers to your liking/driving style. Have you considered staying in F street but upgrade the shocks to Koni Yellows? What kind of tires are you running?
post #12 of 20 Old August 18th, 2015, 01:24 AM
Regular

Do what I did and convert a set of standard dampers to coilovers. Check out my thread in the 11-14 section.

WL Adj. Swaybars, WL Watts Link,
Bilstein Coilovers 440/175, JBA mufflers,
BMR U&L control arms w/ brackets,
19x9.5 et45's on 285's squared!
post #13 of 20 Old August 18th, 2015, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavefat View Post
IMO you may have way more fun in STU than the other classes you have mentioned. My understanding is that the RWD tire width is going to be even wider next year? I know the STU awd is getting 255s,compared to the 245 limit they had this year. Locally, we have a lot of STIs competing in STU. But the RWD STU cars are about to take over, esp with the regular c6 corvette being a new STU car.

I don't know how long you've had the car or your autox experience, but I wouldn't jump right on the Coilover setup. It takes anywhere from half the season to an entire season to really dial in the coilovers to your liking/driving style. Have you considered staying in F street but upgrade the shocks to Koni Yellows? What kind of tires are you running?

Ive been kicking around the idea of STU in my area we all focus more on PAX and trying to get the best index I can get. Still not sure yet what i'll run yet depleted my funds for awhile with the purchase of the CO's.

I've AX for the past 3 years started with my old 2000 gt in esp ( couple mods that just stuck me in the class) then I upgraded to a 14 track pack and played in FS for 2 years now. last year averaged a top 20 pax every event on stock everything. This year added Hankook rs3 265's, slotted the front struts for camber, and carbotech ax-6 pads. been sitting comfortably in the top 5 PAX. Did Optima's search for the ultimate street car event in charlotte last month and beat out alot of those cars and drivers. was one of the only stock cars there and finished in the top half of the field of 79 cars.

I've just run out of growth really. I know now in each run I could go fast there if i had this or carry more if... Thats why I'm upgrading to CO's. and control arms and then tires will go wider depending on the class but want to stay on street tires, just interesting for sure.

post #14 of 20 Old August 18th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Ive been kicking around the idea of STU in my area we all focus more on PAX and trying to get the best index I can get. Still not sure yet what i'll run yet depleted my funds for awhile with the purchase of the CO's.

I've AX for the past 3 years started with my old 2000 gt in esp ( couple mods that just stuck me in the class) then I upgraded to a 14 track pack and played in FS for 2 years now. last year averaged a top 20 pax every event on stock everything. This year added Hankook rs3 265's, slotted the front struts for camber, and carbotech ax-6 pads. been sitting comfortably in the top 5 PAX. Did Optima's search for the ultimate street car event in charlotte last month and beat out alot of those cars and drivers. was one of the only stock cars there and finished in the top half of the field of 79 cars.

I've just run out of growth really. I know now in each run I could go fast there if i had this or carry more if... Thats why I'm upgrading to CO's. and control arms and then tires will go wider depending on the class but want to stay on street tires, just interesting for sure.
Dam nice! You have way more experience than I do lol. Do you know a guy running a White Focus ST there? he has like decals on the side. He's actually local to me. I remember him saying he drives to NC regions and what not for autox.

but yeah, if you are already there, CO is definitely the next level of playing field
post #15 of 20 Old August 20th, 2015, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Regular

I haven't raced with nc clubs yet, I'm closer to tidewater and vmsc where are located?

post #16 of 20 Old August 20th, 2015, 04:45 AM
At the Apex pulling 1.28g

Send a message via Yahoo to Whiskey11
I'm not sure how next year will work, but the SCCA is creating the Street Touring "Pony" class (STP) specifically for Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Chargers to go head to head. Live axle cars are allowed up to 315's on 11" wheels and IRS cars 285's on 10" wheels. All other ST mods allowed. Personally, ST allows you to do A LOT to your car. There was basically nothing stock on my 2009 for suspension except the rear swaybar and front lower control arm geometry (had the Moog RK Problem Solver arms with poly bushings, but they were factory replacement arms basically).

If it were me, I'd buy the Ground Control Coilovers AT A MINIMUM if you want real spring rates. An off the shelf Koni yellow can only properly damp about a 350lbs/in front spring and 250lbs/in rear spring. You are going to want more rate than that for any serious autocross work. Remember I ran 550/275 in my car and thought those rates worked really well for our chassis. Now I don't have any national championships or anything so my advice is awfully subjective but I never had someone say the car handled poorly in that trim.

2015 Mustang GT/PP Autocross Build Thread:
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-pp-build.html
post #17 of 20 Old August 20th, 2015, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Hmmm STP would be cool howd you find out about it? Got to get an upper control arm and adjustable panhard bar at a minimum before I decide what im going to run in.

I'm getting pal's koni's with ground control sleeves 440f/275r, and j&m caster/camber plates. Will be a great starting point for me on the tight budget I am on till after next year and then if I want to change it up can always just have them rebuilt and valved for whats next.

post #18 of 20 Old August 20th, 2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Hmmm STP would be cool howd you find out about it? Got to get an upper control arm and adjustable panhard bar at a minimum before I decide what im going to run in.

I'm getting pal's koni's with ground control sleeves 440f/275r, and j&m caster/camber plates. Will be a great starting point for me on the tight budget I am on till after next year and then if I want to change it up can always just have them rebuilt and valved for whats next.
The STP proposal was in the FastTrack for June or July I believe it was... Maybe it was August. It's ST for pony cars so it will most likely be pretty epic if it stays around. Provisional, nationally, next year, then who knows after that.

post #19 of 20 Old August 21st, 2015, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Found it, didn't even know about those articles where else do you keep up with news about autocross stuff?

Hope it does get added should have a better PAX than other st classes. A .83 would be awesome haha. So tires, hankook's widest is a 285 Bridgestone I think is 265 for 18s only one making a 315 is rivalS. I know your view on them but down at optima in Charlotte seemed half the field ran them but they were almost all 315s, think the extra 30mm makes up for the downfalls of the tire itself?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-21-05-04-35-1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	161650  

post #20 of 20 Old August 21st, 2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Found it, didn't even know about those articles where else do you keep up with news about autocross stuff?

Hope it does get added should have a better PAX than other st classes. A .83 would be awesome haha. So tires, hankook's widest is a 285 Bridgestone I think is 265 for 18s only one making a 315 is rivalS. I know your view on them but down at optima in Charlotte seemed half the field ran them but they were almost all 315s, think the extra 30mm makes up for the downfalls of the tire itself?
I think the Rival-S is a solid tire, I just didn't like the lack of feel and precision in steering with them and the original Rival. All the people saying they require a lot of slip angle to really work at their peak are right and I just could never get used to that driving style. Right now they are your only competitive option though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page