Modded Mustang Forums banner

stock yote injectors

2K views 39 replies 6 participants last post by  ford20 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if theyll work on a 3v. Im running out of injector on my 06 at like 330whp... Can i use the stock coyote ones fine or no

#2 ·
Are they the same height?

#4 ·
There are basically two kinds of injectors. I call them short and tall but they have names. Then they have different electrical plug/connectors. As long as they match up you can run them, with a tune of course.

How big are the stock coyote ones?

#6 ·
ev6 and ev14 are two different heights. They look the same from tip to tip but you need to measure from o-ring to o-ring. Then there are the connectors that you can get with them, they are either going to be jetronic or USCAR. You can get adaptors for them but I think at that point they are not very cost effective.

#8 ·
How do you know you're running out of injector? What is your current duty cycle at 330 hp?

#13 ·
12.8? Sec? A/F? MPG?

Anyways, I'm at 465 rwhp, pulled 483 before detuning, and run 32's, 34's, can't remember. Pretty maxed but never an issue.

#11 ·
I do have 7 of these bad boys but they are also ev14. They come in the whipple kits for 3vshttp://www.fiveomotorsport.com/0280158060-4g7v-b5a

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Well i would rather not be past 85% duty cycle and i know for a fact where im at is pushing those stock injectors.

#12 ·
How do you know you're pushing the stock injectors if you aren't reading data?

#15 ·
Well the ones you have wont work. I have a complete set of them sitting there. Long story but I ended up with 2 sets of injectors when I got my whipple.

#16 ·
Yea. Ok what a about 99-01 and 03-04 mach 1 injectors. They are ev6 body like the 39lb injectors out of the 03-04 termis

Will those suffice

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Idk maybe I'm freaking out. I just read stockmfuel systems can go to 400hp

#17 ·
You know I was going to say something but you seemed like you were determined to get new injectors. And I've seen poeple run a 100 shot with stockers, that was why I asked earlier why you thought you needed them. I was never really sure on the stock injectors capacity as my car was very mild mannered when I had them. You should data log just to see where you are at if you have any doubts.

#19 ·
What is it supposed to be at? I mean where does your tuner have it set. You need to log fuel trims and see if they are falling short of where they are being commanded.

And I personally think that a ratio of 12.8 under load is pretty good for a stock motor. You should be around 14.7 at idle and a ratio as low 15.5-16 while coasting. Once you start modding the motor you may need to richen it up a little, but unless you start to run some really big cams (w/springs) or go forced induction do you need to run a richer mixture.

#20 ·
You think 12.8-13.2 is good for wot? I was told like 11.8-12.2 is where you wanna be.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Mods are

127200s
Pypes lts
Xpipe
Axleback
373s
C&l racer intake
Charge motion delete plates

Chris did the tune i have no complaints or anything just dont want to hurt the motor.

Afr is anywhere from 12.7 to 13.2. Not sure on the timing i havent asked. It smells lean after a pull on the dyno tho. This is coming from a tailpipe not a o2 bung.

#22 ·
I think my target AF ratio is 11.6 with a twin screw. There is no way you need to run that rich with just an intake. It is my opinion that An N/A motor should be right around 12.5 -13.1 under load at peak torque. This is going to give you the best results in power. If you add more fuel to that you are going to drop in power. Only reason you would want to run richer than that is if you needed the cooling properties of that extra fuel. That would be under boost or high compression. Ignition timing is going to play a role in determining the proper ratio also.

But yes, I think 12.8 under load with your stock motor is going to be fine.

#21 ·
So the stockers in theory should be able to handle up to 400hp, right?
And by data logging you should see " in theory" if you need new or bigger injectors.?!

#26 ·
O-ring to o-ring is what you need to measure. I think the ev14's have a longer tip and that's why they look the same.

#28 ·
Pullies, Pffft. You wont get any more HP, but you will free up some HP. If you wanna go that route I would do a Meziere electric H2O pump. Probably give yo a better net gain with all the added benefits of a better cooling capacity without the disadvantages of running pullies. Just saying its a win win.

And quit thinking about 5-6 HP gains. Start thinking about 50-60 HP gains. You gotta think big.

#29 ·
True. But idk where im going to find those gains with the mod list i already have.

Intake manifold maybe what 10? Peak?
Pulleys 5-6whp
E water pump 10whp?
Ported heads? 25whp?
Larger spec cams?
Throttle body 5whp?

Trying to hit 350whp n/a it might sound dumb but thats my goal.
Then 2nd run 11.99s.

It already has struts springs control arms.

#30 ·
Nitrous. Run a 75 shot and that ought to net you 50-60. A little less timing and a little more fuel and you're good to go.

#33 ·
FUEL INJECTOR BODY STYLE

Types of Fuel Injector Body Styles
Fuel injectors are available in (3) distinct body styles: EV1, EV6 and EV14. The EV1 and EV6 injectors are commonly referred to as “long”, where the EV14 is known as “medium”.

Connector Style:
There are (2) types of electrical harness connectors used on fuel injectors: USCAR and Jetronic/Minitimer (a.k.a. Bosch/Amp). The USCAR is a rounded, square shape and the Jetronic/Minitimer is a rounded, rectangular shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.