Back up cameras - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old October 1st, 2015, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Back up cameras

I have been reading around online and looked at the key hole setups people have and while it looks neat I don't want to hassle with all that. Has anyone used something like the links posted below? I figure the one in the light itself will look a lot cleaner than drilling a hole in the bumper.

Car Camera For Ford Mustang GT / CS 2005~2014 High Quality Rear View Back Up Camera For TOPGEAR Friends | CCD + RCA on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old October 1st, 2015, 04:58 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

They make license plate frames with the cameras on them. I think those are the least obtrusive.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #3 of 25 Old October 1st, 2015, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
They make license plate frames with the cameras on them. I think those are the least obtrusive.
My friend has that on his and while it works great the thing just looks out of place and like it wasn't meant to be there. I don't want it to look cheap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old October 1st, 2015, 06:15 PM

I think they all look out of place and added on. The keyhole one is the least of the offenders, but you said you didn't want that one.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #5 of 25 Old October 1st, 2015, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
I think they all look out of place and added on. The keyhole one is the least of the offenders, but you said you didn't want that one.
I just know with my luck I would need in my trunk and the seats would get stuck and not come down and my fobs would stop working. I need a trunk release button already. I went ahead and ordered the Amazon one. Says it will be here end of October for some reason. I will add photos of it when I install it.
post #6 of 25 Old October 1st, 2015, 09:13 PM

Trunk release button is easy. Just a momentary button and some wire. You can wire it right from the passenger door sill. I don't think I have ever used my key to get into the trunk. It might not even work after all these years.

post #7 of 25 Old October 1st, 2015, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

It is just tap the white/pink wire and run a ground right Boss? I wrote it down a couple weeks ago and am pretty sure that is it.
post #8 of 25 Old October 1st, 2015, 11:44 PM

Yep. I happen to have a custom factory window switch panel so I just wired mine into the up function on the extra window switch.

post #9 of 25 Old October 3rd, 2015, 09:23 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Only time I ever use my key to get into the trunk is when my battery is removed and I ALWAYS forget to pull the parts from my trunk before taking the battery out.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

And thank you boss for mentioning the junction box, goal for the weekend is to hardwire my radar detector. Was planning to yank out the radio and wire it to that ACC...not that this would be a difficult thing to do, but it's also 95* outside lol.

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #10 of 25 Old October 3rd, 2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzr confused View Post
Only time I ever use my key to get into the trunk is when my battery is removed and I ALWAYS forget to pull the parts from my trunk before taking the battery out.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

And thank you boss for mentioning the junction box, goal for the weekend is to hardwire my radar detector. Was planning to yank out the radio and wire it to that ACC...not that this would be a difficult thing to do, but it's also 95* outside lol.
95*??? That's hot? Wussy. We just got down into the 90's and it feels like heaven. I can't wait till I can actually put my top down and drive around. Another week or so I think.

post #11 of 25 Old October 3rd, 2015, 01:06 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Yea but you have a "dry heat" hahaha. It's actually not bad today, I saw the video of the guy with his fnx at the range "melting" so I put mine in my car over night....went out just now (1pm here) and the car is still cool :/

07 gt, CMS cams, hurst, CAI/tuned, LT's, o/r h, m80's, FRPP mani, UDP, lowered with steeda 1.25/1.5, exedy mach 400/race flywheel, 1-pc DS, BMR upper/lowers, 4.10's, CHE brace with TL's, and a few other things that dont add up to much.
post #12 of 25 Old October 8th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Make Me Squirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzr confused View Post

WAY easier to use an add-a-fuse for the radar detector. All you'd need to do is remove the sill cover, the SJB cover, and the a-pillar cover.

TORCH RED APPRECIATION CLUB

C&L Racer | Eibach Pro-Kit | BMR LCAs + Relo | BMR PHB | MGW |
GT500 Strut Mounts | Bassanni Axlebacks | OR-H |Tokico D-Spec |
post #13 of 25 Old October 8th, 2015, 04:50 PM
I love to skydive

Quote:
95*??? That's hot? Wussy. We just got down into the 90's and it feels like heaven. I can't wait till I can actually put my top down and drive around. Another week or so I think.

90* and dry is nothin.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #14 of 25 Old October 8th, 2015, 08:10 PM
FBGM

If you want if you have power to your mirror you can tap off of that I belive. I don't have my radar hooked up there but the backlight for my boost gauge so idk if it will mess with anything.

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
post #15 of 25 Old October 9th, 2015, 12:19 AM

Back up cameras-imageuploadedbyautoguide1444364257.165262.jpg
Back up cameras-imageuploadedbyautoguide1444364302.403564.jpg
Back up cameras-imageuploadedbyautoguide1444364328.415982.jpg
Back up cameras-imageuploadedbyautoguide1444364351.395765.jpg

This is my set up
post #16 of 25 Old October 9th, 2015, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmoto View Post
How is the quality of yours and do you get full field of view with the camera to both sides of the car? If I don't like this image quality of mine I won't install it on the car.
post #17 of 25 Old October 9th, 2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Stang View Post
How is the quality of yours and do you get full field of view with the camera to both sides of the car? If I don't like this image quality of mine I won't install it on the car.

It's good during the day but a little fuzzy at night. But for $30 not bad! Would be better if I was able to angle it down some...

Back up cameras-imageuploadedbyautoguide1444440909.620465.jpg
post #18 of 25 Old October 10th, 2015, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

That actually is not bad at all. I will stop being lazy and go that route if I don't like my camera's quality.
post #19 of 25 Old October 10th, 2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Stang View Post
That actually is not bad at all. I will stop being lazy and go that route if I don't like my camera's quality.

Yea for the price it's a nice little camera. I have the pioneer bc4 ($180) camera in my truck and it is much clearer picture especially at night but it was also a lot more money!
post #20 of 25 Old October 16th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Regular

Garage
I went with the recommended camera for my GPS receiver. Works well and does not look to bad.

From a few feet back.

Up close.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page