New PB - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old February 19th, 2016, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

New PB

A full tenth faster at this track.

Car #113 if you couldn't guess.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old February 20th, 2016, 03:55 AM
Resident Headbanger

With those times you could run with a bolt-ons Coyote 5.0, Boss 302, and the new GT350, but you might wanna avoid snoozing on the start line next time.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.52 @ 109.33
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
post #3 of 15 Old February 20th, 2016, 03:58 AM
Insomniac

Garage
Whats the DA like out there?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old February 20th, 2016, 06:46 AM
Turbo > blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRISS197 View Post
Usually in the 3-4000 range depending on the heat

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #5 of 15 Old February 20th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

You could mid 11s with a 1.5 60ft. Great run nonetheless!
post #6 of 15 Old February 20th, 2016, 11:39 AM
FBGM

That other guys 60ft damn that's slow, what car was it?

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
post #7 of 15 Old February 20th, 2016, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt95 View Post
With those times you could run with a bolt-ons Coyote 5.0, Boss 302, and the new GT350, but you might wanna avoid snoozing on the start line next time.
Wasn't worried about RT. I told the guy I would let him have the hit so I went off him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRISS197 View Post
I'll have to look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
Usually in the 3-4000 range depending on the heat
I got a feeling it was about half of that. They had some decent air last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerFan View Post
You could mid 11s with a 1.5 60ft. Great run nonetheless!
Track prep and foot braking don't always make for the best 60's. I've run 11.6 in Bakersfield with 1.60's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1622 View Post
That other guys 60ft damn that's slow, what car was it?
Pretty stock looking new edge. Sounded like it had exhaust.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #8 of 15 Old February 20th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Insomniac

Garage
We get sub -2000 DA in the Mid-Atlantic this time of year. Thats when records get set lol

post #9 of 15 Old February 21st, 2016, 09:11 PM
Enthusiast

this was at vegas?
post #10 of 15 Old February 22nd, 2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vGts View Post
this was at vegas?
Yep, Midnight Mayhem.

post #11 of 15 Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:27 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Congrats Boss!!

Your Ford is built to eat asphalt and clear its pipes with compacts - Summit Racing
post #12 of 15 Old February 26th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Enthusiast

Grats, what are your plans with the 60' ? So much more there to grab. I have to do springs yet and get the shock settings right. I would kill for a 1.5 as 1.79 seems to be my avg 60' when I get a good hit off the line. The Line Loc this coming season will be in use the whole season since last season I did not install it until the last month and we got rained on almost everyday I had off which I only seen 2 days off every other weekend and only got to use it one event. 60'ft is so critical and decides the race just as much as the RT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalDosage View Post
Something about your avatar creeps me the fuck out.
2006 GT AUTO Mods:
Ford Racing Intake Manifold, 93 TUNE, UDPs, FRPP 4.10, LT's, catted X, LCA, Adj UCA, 3K Converter and P275/40R17 MT, HR cams and Paxton 1200sl
post #13 of 15 Old February 26th, 2016, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Grats, what are your plans with the 60' ? So much more there to grab. I have to do springs yet and get the shock settings right. I would kill for a 1.5 as 1.79 seems to be my avg 60' when I get a good hit off the line. The Line Loc this coming season will be in use the whole season since last season I did not install it until the last month and we got rained on almost everyday I had off which I only seen 2 days off every other weekend and only got to use it one event. 60'ft is so critical and decides the race just as much as the RT.
Well I had my converter re-stalled to a lower rpm for street-ability and longevity issues with the transmission. But one day there will be a 4r70 or L80e with a trans brake. This ought to get me some much better 60's, but right now it's tough off the foot brake. Track conditions are hit and miss here too. I also went with some fixed Lakewood drag shocks. The dbl adj Vikings were giving me a headache with all of the adjust-ability. I was going crazy changing settings all the time and guessing where it needed to be set at all the time.

post #14 of 15 Old February 26th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Well I had my converter re-stalled to a lower rpm for street-ability and longevity issues with the transmission. But one day there will be a 4r70 or L80e with a trans brake. This ought to get me some much better 60's, but right now it's tough off the foot brake. Track conditions are hit and miss here too. I also went with some fixed Lakewood drag shocks. The dbl adj Vikings were giving me a headache with all of the adjust-ability. I was going crazy changing settings all the time and guessing where it needed to be set at all the time.
I am at a 3k stall and yes because I like driving on the street too...but a 3,800 would be nice. and I have those same shocks. I started a log book on settings on my phone where and what happened and the settings. Too bad I am running in a street class behind the Test and Tune crowd with no track clean up between. It is a challenge and makes coming off the line unpredictable so getting it under control is not always the fault of the shocks or the drag radials. My RT's are so far off now because I am not thinking about it and focused more on all the other crap going on getting up to the line. I'll get them figured out after looking at enough data on the spread sheet and will be making smaller adjustments on the shocks once I figure out what a base setting will be. I am running with others who are getting 1.4 60's with these track conditions so I know I can improve it is just getting the right balance. IC is one of them. I have still yet to figure out how much I am upsetting the 60' moving the control arms up and down...and then there is the 30 lbs I am trying to lose...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalDosage View Post
Something about your avatar creeps me the fuck out.
2006 GT AUTO Mods:
Ford Racing Intake Manifold, 93 TUNE, UDPs, FRPP 4.10, LT's, catted X, LCA, Adj UCA, 3K Converter and P275/40R17 MT, HR cams and Paxton 1200sl
post #15 of 15 Old March 19th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Regular

Nice time !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page