Fuel Pump Options - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old February 26th, 2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Fuel Pump Options

OK, I did a search for Fuel pumps and well there was no thread that came up comparing them.

I want to run 125 shot and higher this season and the stock fuel pump needs to be replaced or get a voltage boost. I plan to go from Nitrous to Boost sometime in the future so selecting now will be thinking forward.

The Google Magic Machine gave me some products but which is easier to use and what are the Good, Bad and just plain Ugly about them?

Boosters you need to have what in mind and what activates them and controls them?

Replacing the thing with a GT500 unit costs $700 but there are other options that are less expensive but require more work and are they worth it or a waste?

What did you get and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalDosage View Post
Something about your avatar creeps me the fuck out.
2006 GT AUTO Mods:
Ford Racing Intake Manifold, 93 TUNE, UDPs, FRPP 4.10, LT's, catted X, LCA, Adj UCA, 3K Converter and P275/40R17 MT, HR cams and Paxton 1200sl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old February 27th, 2016, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

OK, nobody is running after market performance pumps want to chime in yet so I'll place a list:

Walbro 400 LPH High Performance Fuel Pump 400 LPH 0-100 psi drop in unit?
CJ price is $244.99

Steeda is selling at $329.95

And Lethal has the price of $450.00.

Same model different price mark up or lack of confidence by or concern by these companies. When I see prices like this I wonder.

2006 FORD MUSTANG BBK High-Volume Performance OEM-Style Electric Fuel Pumps 1866 300 LPH unit. $399.99

Is 300LPH and not enough to support what I am planning on doing?

Anyone have these pumps in their tanks with their Boost/N2O?

Next is the 2006 FORD MUSTANG Ford Racing High-Flow Fuel Pumps M-9407-GT05 Looks busy for a plug in and or what not. $699.99

BBR 2005-2010 Mustang GT Fuel System same thing at $779.95 currently on sale from Regular price: $849.99

For that it would have to be invincible.

There are even more expensive units/combinations that might be required for a 1,000 hp+ machine but......I'm not going there...lol

Then we have systems to boost the voltage to increase the OEM pumps that look even more involved. Kenne Bell has one and there are also other units out there.

I could buy the best but that's not always the best investment for a machine that won't need it. But buying cheap could make you want kick your own ass for doing it.

Quote:
2006 GT AUTO Mods:
Ford Racing Intake Manifold, 93 TUNE, UDPs, FRPP 4.10, LT's, catted X, LCA, Adj UCA, 3K Converter and P275/40R17 MT, HR cams and Paxton 1200sl
post #3 of 13 Old February 27th, 2016, 02:27 PM
FBGM

I would just use a bap. They aren't that hard to install idk how it gauges when it needs to come on but only comes on when there is demand for it to boost the voltage. It's not running all the time. You can find it on Kenne bells website about their Baps.

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old February 27th, 2016, 05:30 PM
00blkvert

I plan to run this but im staying just n2o and NA. It requires no change in tune or anything. Im stuck at right around a 75 shot righy now with ny current mods and with a 100 shot i start loosing pump around 5k. This is what S&H reccomended I run for drop in.

Specialty Fitment Fuel Pumps : DW300m In-Tank Fuel Pump | DeatschWerks
post #5 of 13 Old February 27th, 2016, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin' 08 View Post
I plan to run this but im staying just n2o and NA. It requires no change in tune or anything. Im stuck at right around a 75 shot righy now with ny current mods and with a 100 shot i start loosing pump around 5k. This is what S&H reccomended I run for drop in.

Specialty Fitment Fuel Pumps : DW300m In-Tank Fuel Pump | DeatschWerks
All one has to do is pop out the OEM one and pop this one in? Looking at it, Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
2006 GT AUTO Mods:
post #6 of 13 Old February 27th, 2016, 09:19 PM
00blkvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
All one has to do is pop out the OEM one and pop this one in? Looking at it, Thanks for sharing.
From the sounds of it yes. I imagine a little extra work but sounds like its just plug and play.
post #7 of 13 Old February 27th, 2016, 10:21 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

And are we doing injectors?

Getting the pump hat in and out is going to be the trickiest part of swapping in the DW300. For some reason the access hole and the pump don't line up very well. Never could figure out how you can mess that up. But I was trying to squeeze a dual pump hat in there. Prolly a little easier with a single.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #8 of 13 Old February 28th, 2016, 11:10 AM
00blkvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
And are we doing injectors?

Getting the pump hat in and out is going to be the trickiest part of swapping in the DW300. For some reason the access hole and the pump don't line up very well. Never could figure out how you can mess that up. But I was trying to squeeze a dual pump hat in there. Prolly a little easier with a single.
I won't be doing injectors since its a wet setup the fuel solenoid pushes fuel into the i take before it will reach the injectors.
post #9 of 13 Old February 28th, 2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin' 08 View Post
I won't be doing injectors since its a wet setup the fuel solenoid pushes fuel into the i take before it will reach the injectors.
Nice. My next build is going to have a 2 stage port injected wet set up.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #10 of 13 Old February 28th, 2016, 02:44 PM
00blkvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Nice. My next build is going to have a 2 stage port injected wet set up.
I love the look of the direct port but for the cost od doing that i would just go with a blower lol.
post #11 of 13 Old February 28th, 2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I would love 2 stages but the program I run in is single stage only. I am going to push it more this season now that I have a more stable platform for the 60'. When I took the seat out I seen the misalignment and wondered who the hell screwed that up. That was another question that I was going to ask would it be wiser to do the double with my set up or not but that one unit looks like it will support my mods and a 150 wet shot. I'll be getting this on the dyno for the tune as soon as the pump is in and the salt is gone.

With my back the longer I am in that back seat messing with this the more painful it will be. That locking ring will be my nightmare I expect. I might just attack it from the trunk side laying on my stomach if I can.

Quote:
2006 GT AUTO Mods:
post #12 of 13 Old February 28th, 2016, 03:02 PM
00blkvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
I would love 2 stages but the program I run in is single stage only. I am going to push it more this season now that I have a more stable platform for the 60'. When I took the seat out I seen the misalignment and wondered who the hell screwed that up. That was another question that I was going to ask would it be wiser to do the double with my set up or not but that one unit looks like it will support my mods and a 150 wet shot. I'll be getting this on the dyno for the tune as soon as the pump is in and the salt is gone.

With my back the longer I am in that back seat messing with this the more painful it will be. That locking ring will be my nightmare I expect. I might just attack it from the trunk side laying on my stomach if I can.
This might be a good option foe you then.

05-09 Upgraded fuel hat 600hp - S197 Mustang Forum - S197Forum.com
post #13 of 13 Old February 28th, 2016, 09:26 PM

I have found that if you loosen, not remove, the gas tank straps and let it drop down a few inches it makes it a whole lot easier. I mean a whole lot. I have a retaining ring tool I bought for the wife's hyundai and it fits the ford pump ring nicely. It says not to use an impact with it but I did. Pops right off and you can use it to put it back on too. It's something like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page