Which struts? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old June 10th, 2016, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Which struts?

RedLine Tuning Mustang Hood QuickLIFT ELITE Hood Strut System 21-11016-03 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Or

MMD Mustang Bolt On Hood Strut Kit w/ Mustang Lettering - Black 41447 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Which is the better set?

I have had a set of Shelby/Scott Drake ones on there but the struts keep going out on me . They keep replacing them for free but I'm tired of it and want a set that is going to last me a while.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old June 10th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
RedLine Tuning Mustang Hood QuickLIFT ELITE Hood Strut System 21-11016-03 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Or

MMD Mustang Bolt On Hood Strut Kit w/ Mustang Lettering - Black 41447 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Which is the better set?

I have had a set of Shelby/Scott Drake ones on there but the struts keep going out on me . They keep replacing them for free but I'm tired of it and want a set that is going to last me a while.

Boss, get this set made by Ford Racing, now Ford Performance. 05-14 hood strut lift kit M-16826-M, it has 90 lbs of resistance. I had it for a while without any problems. I have a fiberglass hood.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-16826-m

See above for a picture.
post #3 of 10 Old June 10th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
I would vote the above ford racing for the cost, if not those then I would do MMD

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

1992 5.0 Auto Hatchback...needs wiring, interior, ...basically everything

RIP: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old June 11th, 2016, 12:09 AM
Insomniac

Garage
Ill be switching to strange adjustable struts. Viking just released their coilovers for the s197, i know youre familiar with their shocks.

post #5 of 10 Old June 11th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRISS197 View Post
Ill be switching to strange adjustable struts. Viking just released their coilovers for the s197, i know youre familiar with their shocks.
He is talking about "Hood Struts" not suspension.
post #6 of 10 Old June 11th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Insomniac

Garage
Im an idiot, reading is comprehensive lol

post #7 of 10 Old June 11th, 2016, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo06 View Post
He is talking about "Hood Struts" not suspension.
Quote:
Im an idiot, reading is comprehensive lol
Haha....I've actually switched to Lakewood Drag 50/50 shocks and 90/10 struts. That's nice that Viking finally made a strut for our cars. I always liked their stuff and am currently looking at their dampeners for my coil over set up on the FireChicken.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Boss, get this set made by Ford Racing, now Ford Performance. 05-14 hood strut lift kit M-16826-M, it has 90 lbs of resistance. I had it for a while without any problems. I have a fiberglass hood.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-16826-m

See above for a picture.

Those look pretty nice. Your fiberglass hood, is it heavier than the stocker? I only put up those choices because I was going to place an order with AM and that was what they had available. I will see if JEGS has the same part, I have to pay sales tax with Summit Racing because they built a new warehouse in Sparks NV. Maybe I can get my harness from JEGS too.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #8 of 10 Old June 11th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Haha....I've actually switched to Lakewood Drag 50/50 shocks and 90/10 struts. That's nice that Viking finally made a strut for our cars. I always liked their stuff and am currently looking at their dampeners for my coil over set up on the FireChicken.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Those look pretty nice. Your fiberglass hood, is it heavier than the stocker? I only put up those choices because I was going to place an order with AM and that was what they had available. I will see if JEGS has the same part, I have to pay sales tax with Summit Racing because they built a new warehouse in Sparks NV. Maybe I can get my harness from JEGS too.

I got mine here (New 05 14 Ford Racing Mustang Hood Lift Strut Damper Shock Set No Drill Kit | eBay My hood is a Trufiber fiberglass hood, have no idea how much it weights, but the struts have no problem holding or lifting it.
post #9 of 10 Old June 11th, 2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I got mine here (New 05 14 Ford Racing Mustang Hood Lift Strut Damper Shock Set No Drill Kit | eBay My hood is a Trufiber fiberglass hood, have no idea how much it weights, but the struts have no problem holding or lifting it.
Ordered, done, Thanks.

post #10 of 10 Old June 11th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Regular

You are welcome..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page