800+hp with TR3650 transmission / traction problems - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 21st, 2016, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

800+hp with TR3650 transmission / traction problems

hi guys,

Please excuse my bad english.

*** first thing: I KNOW that I need a new transmission and Ill buy my T56 ASAP, but now I have question about my old TR3650. ***

I have Mustang 05 with manual TR3650 transmission and I have one old tr3650 spare.
I would like to renew and rebuild the spare one.

I used this stock transmission with my old engine for 3 years for street use and for drag dacing
The old engine (Ford Racing 5.0 + 1.9 TVS Supercharger) had 600+HP and 820Nm tq.

For this season I just installed (I am in break-in phase right now) new engine which wil have 800+HP (I have not decided yet how far I will go) and I would like to have new transmission prepared, just in case....
(and again, yes, I know I need T56, but..)

question =1=
Is there any company offering complette rebuild kit for tr3650 with all necessary parts in one package?
I found only https://www.astroperformance.com/pro...50-5-spd-ford/

question =2=
Is it possible to rebuild (and if so, it there any company with such a product) the tr3650 with different gear ratios?
Original ratios are 3.38, 2.00, 1.32, 1.00 (for 1-4) and I would like to have "longer" 1st gear (2.97 or 2.66 as in T56)
I am using my car for drag racing aswell and the 1st gear is too "short".

question =3=
I already had - and I WILL have problems on the strip on start with the traction.
We are racing here in my country on NON-penetrated strips.
Do you have any suggestions? Is there on the market any profi traction control controller or boost controller suitable for my application? Or any other solution?

Thank you VERY much for your answers
Tomas

P.S.

Just very short infos about the car/few mods:

Right now the car is tuned to 5000RPM only with blower on 13psi and we have 550HP/750Nm
After break-in engine wil be tuned with limiter on 7200RPM, first with 20psi - expected results are 800+HP/900+Nm
Blower can go up to 25psi, so we will be probably able to tune up to 1000HP, but thats a question for the future.

engine: Livernois 298cci, 9.4CR (build by Livernois company), 1000HP capable
blower: Kenne Bell 2.9 Mommoth (up to 25psi)
clutch: McLeod RXT Street Twin Clutch, 1000HP capable
driveshaft: The Driveshaft Shop Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft, 900HP capable

videos:
1st start

1st trip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Livernois Engine 001.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	190346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Livernois Engine 002.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	190354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Livernois Engine 003.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	190362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Livernois Engine 005.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	190370  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 25th, 2016, 05:27 PM

Just give it too me and rid yourself of the headache of searching for questions with many answers lol
Old December 26th, 2016, 12:16 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasV View Post
question =3=
I already had - and I WILL have problems on the strip on start with the traction.
We are racing here in my country on NON-penetrated strips.
Do you have any suggestions? Is there on the market any profi traction control controller or boost controller suitable for my application? Or any other solution?

Tires and suspension is what is needed. Along with the proper use of your right foot. Driving quick at those power levels is about proper set up and proper driving technique.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Regular

Check out MUSTANG/CAMARO/CORVETTE Performance Manual Transmissions/Clutch/Repairs/Parts FL they have a 2.90 first gear ratio gear set for the 3650.
Old December 29th, 2016, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Tires and suspension is what is needed. Along with the proper use of your right foot. Driving quick at those power levels is about proper set up and proper driving technique.
Mickey Thompson ET Drag Slicks
Strange Adjustable Shocks
Eibach Mustang Drag Launch Springs
BMR UCA/LCA....

Racing with this car for 5 years, 2x 1st, 1x2nd place in our local championship
As I wrote, problem is that we racing on non-penetrated (mostly dusty) airports.
With 800+hp / 1000Nm Ill need (I asuume) some proper traction control (allowed in my country) od boost control

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmanstanding View Post
Check out MUSTANG/CAMARO/CORVETTE Performance Manual Transmissions/Clutch/Repairs/Parts FL they have a 2.90 first gear ratio gear set for the 3650.
thank you very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in