Dyno numbers - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Dyno numbers

Finally got the car up to Shaun at AED for him to do his magic. The car runs great and couldn't be happier with what he was able to do. The more I do with this car though, the more I'm realizing this car was an absolutely turd when I bought it. He's thinking the injectors that I have in there may not even be as good as stock injectors. Anyways, final numbers came out to 300hp and 329 ft lbs, SAE corrected. Would've like the hp to be a little higher, but the torque I'm absolutely satisfied with. What are yalls thoughts? I have videos, but I suck with technology. If anyone wants to tell me what to do, I can upload them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:20 AM
Resident Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
Anyways, final numbers came out to 300hp and 329 ft lbs, SAE corrected.
What mods do you have, and can you post the dyno graph?

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.52 @ 109.33
311rwhp 328rwtq with stage 1 bolt-ons
post #3 of 13 Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:20 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt95 View Post
What mods do you have, and can you post the dyno graph?
I think it was a stock spec rebuild. Some forged parts but stock crank. I believe he added headers and an O/R. Oh and a clutch if I remember correctly.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Ha sorry, it was late when I got home and that might've been some good info to add. Mods are kooks long tubes, O/R X pipe, FR500s axlebacks, Exedy Mach 400 clutch, BBK 62MM throttle body, and Manley forged rods and pistons. Pistons being 6.5cc dish. That's it as far as performance mods go. The dyno sheet is in my car, I'll take a picture when I go out there to go to work. Got home late last night and just wanted to get to sleep.

post #5 of 13 Old February 3rd, 2017, 12:23 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
What kind of dyno, mustang dyno or dyno jet? Mustang dyno are typically refered to as heartbreakers because of lower number (they also allow for the shop to mess with calibrations a lot more).

Still not bad for a stock-like build at the wheels, though IDK what the 05-10 4.6 is rated for at the crank.

I'd like to know the SAE correction factor used as well.

Also, if dynojet was used, you can ask for the dyno run files, if the shop will give you them, and you can download WinPEP7 and open them up at home/use them to overlay runs if you change anything in the future.

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

DD: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile (1.8 60') on 93 octane tune/CAI only. SAE corrected: 369.4/451.4 on E20, full Bolt On
post #6 of 13 Old February 3rd, 2017, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Here's the dyno sheet: Dyno numbers-imageuploadedbyag-free1486145364.736576.jpg

I'm happy with it overall. The only thing I'm not happy about is the car itself. Every time I turn around, I find out something else about the drivetrain of the car that really makes me regret buying a used vehicle. This car is the definition of the lemon, and it will be the last that I buy used from a dealer. I'm going to have to touch literally every piece of the car to verify what is actually on the car.

post #7 of 13 Old February 3rd, 2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Sorry about the bad picture quality. I've been in a rush all morning. I can take a better one later if y'all can't make it out.

post #8 of 13 Old February 4th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Resident Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
Here's the dyno sheet: Attachment 191465
The peak TQ number is very good, and 300rwhp is about what I'd expect for a GT with a full exhaust, TB, and a tune. The only thing lacking is at the top end, where the HP curve drops off above 5200rpm when I'd expect it to remain flat (or even rise a little further). Maybe the tune isn't quite right there.
post #9 of 13 Old February 4th, 2017, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
The peak TQ number is very good, and 300rwhp is about what I'd expect for a GT with a full exhaust, TB, and a tune. The only thing lacking is at the top end, where the HP curve drops off above 5200rpm when I'd expect it to remain flat (or even rise a little further). Maybe the tune isn't quite right there.

He worked on the tune for three hours and every time that was about what the graph looked like. He took his 2016 bolt on GT 10.7 in the quarter so I'm pretty confident he did the best he could lol. I'm happy with it, but now I have big itch to get some 4.10s.

post #10 of 13 Old February 4th, 2017, 02:49 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Might be the charge motion plates up top that is holding it back a touch.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #11 of 13 Old February 5th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Resident Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Might be the charge motion plates up top that is holding it back a touch.
That could be one reason. Another possibility is that the air intake could be restrictive at higher rpm.
post #12 of 13 Old February 6th, 2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
That could be one reason. Another possibility is that the air intake could be restrictive at higher rpm.

I've been debating if one would be worth it, but I don't feel like driving back up to Sacramento to dyno it again. I'll just throw some 4.10s in there and call it good for now. Supercharger will make me a happy camper one day.

post #13 of 13 Old February 9th, 2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Forgot to upload a video so I finally did.
https://youtu.be/lR24ZVzFGgI

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page