Windshield wipers dead - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old March 14th, 2017, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Windshield wipers dead

Last night I bought a 2011 gt with 72k miles. The only thing wrong with it is that the windshield wipers and washer fluid do not work. I've checked the fuse 45 under the passenger kick panel, the fuse 9 under hood, and the relay for wipers, (visual and swapping around with others) and still nothing. I tried to look up the schematic for the lever switch on the steering column, but all I seem to find is the older stuff. I wanted to jump some pins to see if it was the switch unit itself. Does anyone know what pins control the wipers? And am I missing any components? I don't think it would be the motor only because I do not hear the relay switch on. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old March 15th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast

I wish I knew the answer, I wonder why the dealership didnt fix that for you?

17 Golf R
11 5.0 Prem|RXT|Vortech 3.33|Lund|WstGate 9.7psi|JLT|BAP|ID1000|Stoptech ST-40|3:55|MGW+BFR|DSS|F14 20x9&10.5|MPSS 275/295|GC Coilovers|TR Hood|JPC BOV|BMR Full Sus|ARH LT/Catted H to GT500|NRG Seats & Rear Seat Del|Boss Stuff|Spkrs
post #3 of 8 Old March 15th, 2017, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

They are going to this weekend, I just wanted to see if I could save myself the hour trip there. They only had the car on the lot for 2 days before I got it, and one of those days they were closed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old March 15th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 761 MPH View Post
They are going to this weekend, I just wanted to see if I could save myself the hour trip there. They only had the car on the lot for 2 days before I got it, and one of those days they were closed.
I hear ya, good luck man.

17 Golf R
11 5.0 Prem|RXT|Vortech 3.33|Lund|WstGate 9.7psi|JLT|BAP|ID1000|Stoptech ST-40|3:55|MGW+BFR|DSS|F14 20x9&10.5|MPSS 275/295|GC Coilovers|TR Hood|JPC BOV|BMR Full Sus|ARH LT/Catted H to GT500|NRG Seats & Rear Seat Del|Boss Stuff|Spkrs
post #5 of 8 Old March 15th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Regular

My guess would be multifunction switch. If it were just the wipers or just the pump then I'd go with the non-working item as the culprit but both leads me to the multifunction switch.
post #6 of 8 Old March 16th, 2017, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

That's my thinking too. I wanted to try and jump some pins on it and see if the wipers come on, but I didn't want to just randomly put power on stuff. Was hoping someone had a wire diagram, but after some googling it seems no one has any in depth technical info on these cars just yet.
post #7 of 8 Old March 16th, 2017, 10:19 PM
Regular

Found it. Looked last night and couldn't find this but knew I had it somewhere.

See if this helps:
Ford Service Manuals - Wiring Diagrams
post #8 of 8 Old March 19th, 2017, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Thanks! Dealer diagnosed it and told me it was the motor. I figured that the washer would still work but they said that it was shorting out. New motor will be here tomorrow, so we'll see. The cowl area is not draining properly and standing water killed the motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page