Is this a good deal? - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bullitt95

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old September 5th, 2017, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Is this a good deal?

Getting ready to purchase a mustang and found this and was wondering:

[1] Is this really a Boss Mustang (Couldn't find 2006 Boss listed in KBB)?
[2] Should I be concerned about any of the mods?
[3] Is this a good price?

2006 Boss Mustang GT Convertible

Stage 2 Edelbrock Supercharged Boss Mustang GT Convertible, Ford GT500 Racing Fuel System, Triple Pillar for Gauges, Custom 20" Boss staggered wheels, New Nitto Tires, Razzie Ground Effects, High performance Magaflow Catback exhaust system.
Mileage: 17800
Price: 22750

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Here is a pic of the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old September 6th, 2017, 01:42 AM
1C2
Regular

I think the boss was just a dealer package that dresses it up a bit. Considering the mileage and everything done to it, id say its not a bad deal.

91 GMC Syclone
95 Taurus SHO mtx
99 Mustang GT-Sold
94 Probe GT
03 Mustang GT
post #3 of 10 Old September 6th, 2017, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C2 View Post
I think the boss was just a dealer package that dresses it up a bit. Considering the mileage and everything done to it, id say its not a bad deal.
Thanks. New to modding so I wasn't sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old September 6th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Resident Headbanger

If the car is as good as it looks after you've inspected it and taken it for a test drive, offer 18k and hope the seller's prepared to accept 20k.
Indylatenight likes this.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.52 @ 109.33
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
post #5 of 10 Old September 6th, 2017, 12:00 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I paid that for my 2007 "Boss" Mustang 10 years ago with 4500 miles on it. Granted this has been supercharged but seems a little pricey to me.

At least my graphics came from Larry Shinoda's speed shop in SoCal. Even though there was not a real Boss mustang until a few years later, it's the most authentic phony out there.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #6 of 10 Old September 6th, 2017, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
I paid that for my 2007 "Boss" Mustang 10 years ago with 4500 miles on it. Granted this has been supercharged but seems a little pricey to me.
What had me worried the most was not being able to find any "official" reference to a 2006 Boss.

The car as it sits is still a beautiful thing but I'm concerned with putting that much money into a 12 year old car.

Add to that it has basically no amenities so I would have to update the stereo / nav stack. Having checked Crutchfield, there seems to be a shortage of components that will allow me to keep my steering wheel controls, etc with a new head unit.
post #7 of 10 Old September 7th, 2017, 11:36 AM

Yeah, it's only got a couple of years worth of miles on her but she's an 11 year old car. For a 2006 GT in excellent shape with that kind of mileage I would guess would be aroung $14K-$14.5K. If you want to add value for the SC and the work that has you might go to $16K or $18K but that is a stretch. if the mods are right along your alley I might go as high as $16K but definitely not higher than $18K. I would offer a bid of $14K and see where he goes with it. It's just a regular GT with an SC on it, much like mine. I have quite a few more miles on her but I can't see selling my car for much more than $10K or $11K.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #8 of 10 Old September 7th, 2017, 07:27 PM
1C2
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, it's only got a couple of years worth of miles on her but she's an 11 year old car. For a 2006 GT in excellent shape with that kind of mileage I would guess would be aroung $14K-$14.5K. If you want to add value for the SC and the work that has you might go to $16K or $18K but that is a stretch. if the mods are right along your alley I might go as high as $16K but definitely not higher than $18K. I would offer a bid of $14K and see where he goes with it. It's just a regular GT with an SC on it, much like mine. I have quite a few more miles on her but I can't see selling my car for much more than $10K or $11K.

From a dealer though? At my local ford there's an 03 cobra for $23k!

91 GMC Syclone
95 Taurus SHO mtx
99 Mustang GT-Sold
94 Probe GT
03 Mustang GT
post #9 of 10 Old September 7th, 2017, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I contacted the seller and told them I was interested but was concerned with the high cost of the car. He said he was firm on the price and he thought it was fair since the car is never exposed to the weather and all the mods he had done. So I have decided to pass on this one and keep looking.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this with your advice.
post #10 of 10 Old September 9th, 2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C2 View Post
From a dealer though? At my local ford there's an 03 cobra for $23k!
Like I said. I bought my car from a dealer when it was 1 year old and 4500 miles for $23K. Look up the Blue Book for buying from a dealer and I doubt you will see anything close to $20K, let alone $22.5K. Maybe to the right person It might be worth $15K to $16K. Remember, its just an 11 year old modified GT. A nice one, but just a GT. If you want to spend that kind of money I would just fork out a $4K-$5k more for a GT500.

What does the price of an 03 Cobra have to do with the price of tea in China?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page