2 Step on my Mustang - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old October 3rd, 2017, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2 Step on my Mustang

Hello all

I have a question about 2 steps. I bought my Mach One last year and the owner before me had installed a 2 step in the car. Its located in the glove box and can be turned off and on. When the car starts for the first time it comes on and I have to manually turn it off by pushing the button. I don't care for the 2 step because when it is on and I'm driving the car I cant go over 4500 rpms. For some reason the car drives fine until I get to this rpm and it cuts back. The previous owner told me its for launching the car at the track. I don't understand why you would install something like this if your car cant go past 4500 rpms? I want to remove it because I find it annoying but when I disconnect the 2 step box the car will not start without it. I'm not that knowledgeable about wiring or on what my options are? I have just been living with it since I bought the car and I turn it off every time I start the car.

Has anyone ever encountered something like this and know what I can do?

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old October 4th, 2017, 11:32 AM

What brand is the 2 step?
I have 2 step on my mach but it only limites my RPM when it's on.
Double check it's actually off when you're driving, or maybe wire it to a momentary switch for when you want to use it.

Otherwise, when looking for mine, I only really saw ignition controlled 2 steps that were basically plug and play right onto the coils. If you want to rip it out, check if there's a harness attached to the coils and start there.
post #3 of 3 Old October 4th, 2017, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orangeCrush View Post
What brand is the 2 step?
I have 2 step on my mach but it only limites my RPM when it's on.
Double check it's actually off when you're driving, or maybe wire it to a momentary switch for when you want to use it.

Otherwise, when looking for mine, I only really saw ignition controlled 2 steps that were basically plug and play right onto the coils. If you want to rip it out, check if there's a harness attached to the coils and start there.

Thanks I will definitely look at the coils to check. Its really annoying to have it in my car. I don't know what brand of two step it is though. I bought the car and it came with it and the previous owner didnt tell me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page