Helarious street racing report - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
TurboLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 8,781
Blog Entries: 1
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurboLX
some of you need to get your stories straight.

What he meant by how fast these cars are going they traction they got, heres what it comes down to.

When street racing started back in the late 60's early 70's there was those street rods and kids racing on straight away open roads, but it wasnt as deadly because those cars werent fast back in the day, they were hitting trap speeds of maybe 70 mph? and had all the traction in the world.

now in todays society street racing has become alot worse then it has, guys are brining cars to the street with HP ranging from 400-1000+hp and running slicks and drag radials to keep traction, but tehres guys with street tires as well.

over here in NY the racing is pretty insane, guys have these old school muscle cars that put out like 700hp and run slicks and when they launch they lift the wheels on the street, now thats with a prepped spot such as a heated street with VHT layed down on it, and then theres other spots like where those imports race at with un-prepped streets and then when they launch they spin and they have a tendency to lose control because the car goes sideways, this kid made perfectly clear sense, some of you just dont understand, the dude is right...

1988 LX Coupe 2.5L, GT35R, 44mm WG, 32psi, C16.
TurboLX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
04mustang232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zips driveway doll house shanty town
Posts: 2,137
       
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 04mustang232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLX View Post
some of you need to get your stories straight.

What he meant by how fast these cars are going they traction they got, heres what it comes down to.

When street racing started back in the late 60's early 70's there was those street rods and kids racing on straight away open roads, but it wasnt as deadly because those cars werent fast back in the day, they were hitting trap speeds of maybe 70 mph? and had all the traction in the world.

now in todays society street racing has become alot worse then it has, guys are brining cars to the street with HP ranging from 400-1000+hp and running slicks and drag radials to keep traction, but tehres guys with street tires as well.

over here in NY the racing is pretty insane, guys have these old school muscle cars that put out like 700hp and run slicks and when they launch they lift the wheels on the street, now thats with a prepped spot such as a heated street with VHT layed down on it, and then theres other spots like where those imports race at with un-prepped streets and then when they launch they spin and they have a tendency to lose control because the car goes sideways, this kid made perfectly clear sense, some of you just dont understand, the dude is right...
Are you fuckin kidding me man? Cars of the 60s and 70s had trap speeds of what? Back in the 60s and 70s, aka the "Muscle car era", cars weight was twice as much, the engines were twice as big, and they ran very very well. If anything, it was waaay more dangerous back then. You cant get away with shit now, but back then, street racing in a city or w/e was normal, and the cops just broke it up.

Ever notice the similarity in most street racing accidents? Its with kids like this guy, with there modded cars the were handed down from their parents. Very very very rarely do you see a 1000 hp car wrecking street racing. The people who have these cars can usually handle them and are smart enough to kno where and when to race. Guys like this will race anywhere, anytime, and thats what causes the wrecks.

This dude is right in a sense of the speeds the cars are going at is insane. But not him, and not 70 percent of the people racing on the street. Look at the cars they show in the news report, they are all 4 door hondas or beater rides, no 700 hp cobras or 500 hp wrx or 1200 hp supras (nick hogan is an exception)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIGBOOTSY View Post
I am currently taking a pro dump as we speak. It also feels like about 3" diameter.
04mustang232 is offline  
post #23 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
TurboLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 8,781
Blog Entries: 1
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurboLX
Alright dude just shut the fuck up now because all that shit made absolutely no sense, do you your fucking homework, cars werent very fast back then.

And who said anything about wrecking? it just takes a skilled driver to handle that car on the street but if there's no traction A N Y T H I N G can go wrong, you wouldnt know about that anyway.

I've been there before, you just dont hear about shit like that very often, do your research and goto some actual races and then come see me.

come to NY we'll show you 1000+HP cars racing on the street, some have been wrecked cuz they lost control and its because they had no traction.

dude just gtfo of this thread

1988 LX Coupe 2.5L, GT35R, 44mm WG, 32psi, C16.
TurboLX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 8,720
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Turbo, your first post made no sense you need to work on your spelling. And in the muscle cars days they did have 500hp cars they just did it with 7 liters motor and they didnt have traction back then cuz the tires available sucked.

The problem is like 04 said that kids get these cars and modify them and then race them any where at anytime. All the "Street racing" accidents you see in the news are on public roads. Real Street racer would never run there cuz theres too many people around thatll call the cops.

Turbo, 04 never said 1000hp cars dont race, he said you dont see them crashing cuz they arent irresponsible lil kids.



Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
03_StangGuy is offline  
post #25 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
04mustang232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zips driveway doll house shanty town
Posts: 2,137
       
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 04mustang232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLX View Post
Alright dude just shut the fuck up now because all that shit made absolutely no sense, do you your fucking homework, cars werent very fast back then.

And who said anything about wrecking? it just takes a skilled driver to handle that car on the street but if there's no traction A N Y T H I N G can go wrong, you wouldnt know about that anyway.

I've been there before, you just dont hear about shit like that very often, do your research and goto some actual races and then come see me.

come to NY we'll show you 1000+HP cars racing on the street, some have been wrecked cuz they lost control and its because they had no traction.

dude just gtfo of this thread

do your fucking homework you douch bag. I made this thread so you get the fuck out if you dont like the facts im layin down. Cars back then were just as fast as today, except they made power in a different way. The bolded line above, if you are a skilled racer/driver, you kno what amount of pedal that is needed to get your car into wheelspin. Sure, ill drive to ny to see a bunch of RETARDS driving 1000 hp cars racing on the street. If i put all that time and money into a car and it was 1000 hp, the last thing i would do is street race it. Our cars draw enough attention, let alone having 1000 hp rompin around. Im not arguing that they crash cause of no traction, im arguing with your horrible opinion of 60's and 70's car. Our roadrunner has 405 hp bone fucking stock. 70 mph trap speed? ur outta your mind. 1964 Factory Hemi cars ran low 11's out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIGBOOTSY View Post
I am currently taking a pro dump as we speak. It also feels like about 3" diameter.
04mustang232 is offline  
post #26 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
TurboLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 8,781
Blog Entries: 1
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurboLX
Wow you have no idea what im talking about.

Yea everybody on fucking gods green earth could afford a 64' Falcon 500 when there was only 500 made and they were nowhere to be found.

cars back in the era ranged from like 150-300hp and wieghed every bit of 4000-5000lbs an stock suspension with bias ply tires.

they werent putting that power to the wheels especially when the ones with automatic trannies held back so much power.

1988 LX Coupe 2.5L, GT35R, 44mm WG, 32psi, C16.
TurboLX is offline  
post #27 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Admanistrator
 
v606er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,320
                   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v606er
HAHAHAH at 2:13 "the sound of the engine" hahahah the cat back he means.

10 grand on that car?? HAHAHA


Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
v606er is offline  
post #28 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 09:11 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,598
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
my Cavi could take him with $9,990 less in mods


stangfreak is offline  
post #29 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Admanistrator
 
v606er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,320
                   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v606er
^^^thats the most worthless cai. sucking hot air directly from around the engine? thats not very logical


Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
v606er is offline  
post #30 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
TurboLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 8,781
Blog Entries: 1
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurboLX
232 what im trying to say is its about how people are dangerous with this shit now especially with high HP cars and not gaining traction

1988 LX Coupe 2.5L, GT35R, 44mm WG, 32psi, C16.
TurboLX is offline  
post #31 of 65 Old October 13th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Regular
 
Da_Vato02'GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gilmer, TX
Posts: 155
Blog Entries: 1
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
he said it had a bodykit, hahahaha that was great

I'm not driving fast...just flying real low.

Da_Vato02'GT is offline  
post #32 of 65 Old October 14th, 2008, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
04mustang232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zips driveway doll house shanty town
Posts: 2,137
       
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 04mustang232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLX View Post
Wow you have no idea what im talking about.

Yea everybody on fucking gods green earth could afford a 64' Falcon 500 when there was only 500 made and they were nowhere to be found.

cars back in the era ranged from like 150-300hp and wieghed every bit of 4000-5000lbs an stock suspension with bias ply tires.

they werent putting that power to the wheels especially when the ones with automatic trannies held back so much power.
I seriously think you have a mental condition. 150 - 300 hp?!?!?!? First off, i bet, no no no, i fucking gaurantee that cars back then had an average of over 350.

Engine------------------Advertised----Rated----------True
------------------------HP @ RPM---- [email protected] RPM-- HP @ RPM

Buick 455 Stage [email protected][email protected]@5400
Camaro Z/28 [email protected]@[email protected]
Chevelle 396 [email protected]@[email protected]
Corvette 427 [email protected]@[email protected]
Mopar 340-4 [email protected]@[email protected]
Mopar [email protected]@[email protected]
Mopar 440 [email protected]@[email protected]
Mopar 426 Street [email protected]@[email protected]
Mustang Boss [email protected]@[email protected]
Ford 351-4 bbl [email protected]@[email protected]
Mustang Boss [email protected]@[email protected]
Mustang 428 [email protected]@[email protected]
Mustang Boss [email protected]@[email protected]
Oldsmobile 455 [email protected]@[email protected]
Oldsmobile 350 [email protected]@[email protected]
Pontiac Ram Air [email protected]@[email protected]

those are just some of the cars that were used. And if you notice, the smallest engine on there, the boss 302, still had 310 hp. And dont forget, these were TO THE WHEELS. These were the majority of the cars you would find on the street. These are super rare options today, but back then, they arent that special. They were like going into Dodge and getting a hemi in your magnum, just another option. Hell, the hemi option was i think 300 bucks.

Way to pick a 64 ford 500, a super rare car. How about a 340 challenger, nothing special, they only made about 200000 of them. They even had over 300 hp. In todays cars, you shut off traction control, the ecu STILL doesnt allow full hp to be given to the wheels until the front tires see a considerable amount of motion. Back then, NO traction control, extremely harsh clutches, and high stalls. These cars came with 6 1/2 inch bias ply tires that get 0 grip. I am not arguing with you, sir, about traction and how it causes almost all crashes. But, do not argue with me about cars of yesteryear. They are my specialty, and you are not giving credit where credit is due.

So stop acting like horsepower is something new, and you can only get it with a turbo or spray. I think you beleive that since the 1980s shown such low hp number, it must have been even lower in the 1970s. Open your eyes man, and stop arguing about things you clearly are mistaken about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIGBOOTSY View Post
I am currently taking a pro dump as we speak. It also feels like about 3" diameter.
04mustang232 is offline  
post #33 of 65 Old October 14th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 8,720
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLX View Post
Wow you have no idea what im talking about.

Yea everybody on fucking gods green earth could afford a 64' Falcon 500 when there was only 500 made and they were nowhere to be found.

cars back in the era ranged from like 150-300hp and wieghed every bit of 4000-5000lbs an stock suspension with bias ply tires.

they werent putting that power to the wheels especially when the ones with automatic trannies held back so much power.
Your way off there man, as 04 said, plenty of cars had over 300, even 400 hp back then. and it was only a few hundred dollars for the option.



Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
03_StangGuy is offline  
post #34 of 65 Old October 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
TurboLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 8,781
Blog Entries: 1
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurboLX
hmm thats funny cuz uh, the cars we race have no traction control or ecu's either...

1988 LX Coupe 2.5L, GT35R, 44mm WG, 32psi, C16.
TurboLX is offline  
post #35 of 65 Old October 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Hourofpain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,522
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
dude
bout as dumb as a rock that dude is

10 grand where?
shit looking subs
crappy sounding exhaust
aint shit for performance mods



1996 Cobra
To be sold...
2005 M6 Twin Turbo GTO Torrid Red
Fully Forged LS2 Block Built to handle 1000RWHP. Fully ported Dart Heads. Edelbrock Jr Intake. Custom cut upper intake plenum. APS twin Turbo System with APS twin Fuel pumps.
Hourofpain is offline  
post #36 of 65 Old October 14th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Hourofpain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,522
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
turbo are you fucking kidding me man?

my dad had a 60's chevy with a 350 in it that would run 13's all day long
and this bitch was just stock when he was that age


1996 Cobra
To be sold...
2005 M6 Twin Turbo GTO Torrid Red
Fully Forged LS2 Block Built to handle 1000RWHP. Fully ported Dart Heads. Edelbrock Jr Intake. Custom cut upper intake plenum. APS twin Turbo System with APS twin Fuel pumps.
Hourofpain is offline  
post #37 of 65 Old October 14th, 2008, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
04mustang232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zips driveway doll house shanty town
Posts: 2,137
       
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 04mustang232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLX View Post
hmm thats funny cuz uh, the cars we race have no traction control or ecu's either...
well, except the 1000 hp dragsters you race in the city streets of NY, most all cars you find in street racing today have an ecu. And when i say most i really mean all, but i wanna leave the window open for you when you come back and find a loophole. But anways, im talking about the average modded car. Most, no all, most ecu limit traction control even with it turned off. Geeze buddy, admit when your wrong and let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIGBOOTSY View Post
I am currently taking a pro dump as we speak. It also feels like about 3" diameter.
04mustang232 is offline  
post #38 of 65 Old October 15th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 464
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mustang232 View Post
well, except the 1000 hp dragsters you race in the city streets of NY, most all cars you find in street racing today have an ecu. And when i say most i really mean all, but i wanna leave the window open for you when you come back and find a loophole. But anways, im talking about the average modded car. Most, no all, most ecu limit traction control even with it turned off. Geeze buddy, admit when your wrong and let it go.
have you never heard of a CARBURETOR?
R0B0T is offline  
post #39 of 65 Old October 15th, 2008, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
04mustang232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zips driveway doll house shanty town
Posts: 2,137
       
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 04mustang232
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B0T View Post
have you never heard of a CARBURETOR?
No whats that? . My roadrunner only has 3 of em, its a six barrel. And how many cars do you usually see street racing with a carb? Dont bullshit me, very rarely do we see cars built before 1985 racing on the street, and when we do, they are usually crazy ass fuel injected motors. So stop trying to find little things to get around fact, you wont win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIGBOOTSY View Post
I am currently taking a pro dump as we speak. It also feels like about 3" diameter.
04mustang232 is offline  
post #40 of 65 Old October 15th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 8,720
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Gotta agree with 04 once again here, most people drivin cars with carbs are older and dont street race anymore.



Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
03_StangGuy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome