Just checkin in.... - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old May 20th, 2011, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Just checkin in....

Sup, my name is Joe. I'm here because I'm thinking about buying a 99 mustang gt/auto to use for a daily driver, I already have a race car. Actually my cousin is considering selling it to me for dirt cheap(2k). Normally I would even consider a damn ford, as I'm a GM guy. But beggers can't be choosers I guess. I'm just here to learn about the problems to look out for, or any common problems to expect(the mustang has 115k miles). Not really looking to waste money modding, as these little 2 valve GT's pretty much have no potential. Just looking to keep it a relable daily. So any advice on what to look for or expect would be cool. Later.

00 Grand Prix GTP: 3.4 pulley, ubend delete, custom flowmaster exhaust, tune, and other goodies(street terror, pullin mudstains all day.)
99 mustang gt=stock, slow DD
About to trade the GTP for a GXP or G8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old May 20th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Not A Regular Member

Welcome to MM. I think you'll find that GTs do have potential if you've got the time and money. I know we've had guys making 600+rwhp on them (hell, we've had 1 or 2 guys make 600+rwhp on the 3.8 V6s).
post #3 of 6 Old May 20th, 2011, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
Welcome to MM. I think you'll find that GTs do have potential if you've got the time and money. I know we've had guys making 600+rwhp on them (hell, we've had 1 or 2 guys make 600+rwhp on the 3.8 V6s).

Yeah I know they can put down good numbers, but it takes allot more money then what I got to get them there. For me, GM cars are allways the better value. I'm not here to change anybodyies mind on that, thats just my thing. I've got maybe a grand in mods on my GTP, and I walk bolt on 2 and 3 valve GT's all the time. I've even surprised some light bolt on machs and cobras. If I could afford a low mile LS1 I would be all over it, but my GTP does just fine.

I have a good buddy who just traded away his 05 GTO towards an 03 Cobra....insert facepalm. I wanted to kick him for that, but he remains firm he made the right choice. I don't know much about those cars, but we will see how he feels when I run him in the GTP. He said it's stock other then a catback lol. Anyway, yeah I'm down to learn a little more about this side of the fence. All the mustang loyal I've run into in person though are bunch of tards who think mustangs neva loose. This site seems pretty chill though, thanks for the welcome.

00 Grand Prix GTP: 3.4 pulley, ubend delete, custom flowmaster exhaust, tune, and other goodies(street terror, pullin mudstains all day.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old May 20th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Not A Regular Member

What kind of power are you making in your GTP? I believe the 03 Cobra should be putting down about 350/350 at the wheels if it's a bone stock manual. And yeah, we're pretty chill. Most of us are well aware that until 2011 we were the underdogs
post #5 of 6 Old June 10th, 2011, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

I make plenty of power, about 395 fwp

post #6 of 6 Old June 11th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastGTP View Post
Sup, my name is Joe. I'm here because I'm thinking about buying a 99 mustang gt/auto to use for a daily driver, I already have a race car. Actually my cousin is considering selling it to me for dirt cheap(2k). Normally I would even consider a damn ford, as I'm a GM guy. But beggers can't be choosers I guess. I'm just here to learn about the problems to look out for, or any common problems to expect(the mustang has 115k miles). Not really looking to waste money modding, as these little 2 valve GT's pretty much have no potential. Just looking to keep it a relable daily. So any advice on what to look for or expect would be cool. Later.
Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm rather new as well but these guys are very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page