|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|July 19th, 2012 05:01 PM|
Ok, I am back now with my emergency brake repair video. This was my first time doing it, so there was some serious trial and error. I tried to edit the video as best that I could to show the correct procedure and what not to do. So, the steps are as follows.
1. Raise the car and secure it on jack stands
2. Remove the old cable by slipping it past the two ends
3. Thread the upper part of the new cable through the hole. DO NOT hook it up to the two cables that go to the calipers.
3. Go inside the car and pull the 9/32 bolt out of the holding pin on the tensioner, allow the tensioner to slide back enough to get the old broken cable free.
4. Work the new cable around the tensioner, this can be tough, but go in on the spring side.
5. Hook the cable into slot on the tensioner.
6. Lower the emergency brake handle and use the steel pin to hold the rod up.
7. Go under the car and pull on the metal equalizer and hook it to the cables.
|July 16th, 2012 10:12 PM|
Video How To: Remove the center console and fix the emergency brake cable.
Hey, when I had my super coupe, I made some how to videos on various repairs, seemed to help some people out. Just thought I would do the same here, so the first thing I am doing is fixing the emergency brake cable. Part one is the center console and tomorrow I will do part two which is the cable replacement.
How to remove the center console in a 1994-2004 Mustang. - YouTube