Forums at Modded Mustangs - Reply to Topic
Thread: Guy sues Red Bull... Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
October 11th, 2014 06:30 PM
44 cents What a crazy thread. We have all bought things....lots of things that don't work, aren't as good as we are told they are or just plain suck. 99.9999% of Americans don't sue. We simply don't buy the product again and when everyone else stops buying it, the company dies.

In this case, it was premeditated. He just didn't decide out of nowhere to do this. There was planning and consulting with attorneys. Without the attorneys, the guy could have no more used red bull than piloted the space shuttle.

What bothers me are the people that have no problem filling in a form for $10 when they liked the product and no issue with it. There is a big suit right now with AT&T but it's legit....they over charged people for shit they didn't want or use. In this case, I commend the lawyers.
October 11th, 2014 06:02 PM
serbiandude I used to take like 3 8oz redbulls a day!!!!!!!
Im not getting that money back lmao

Shit dont even give me ebergy, makes me crash so badly....but i love the taste!!!!
Recently stopped drinking it, been about a month or so
Shits no good for you anyway, and its so pricey
October 11th, 2014 12:48 AM
fb93 And here i thought it was because he didnt sprout wings and fly off like a winged monkey wearing a fez.
October 10th, 2014 06:13 PM
Towelie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
This is me after drinking red bull...

October 10th, 2014 05:13 PM
1996 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
It IS as stupid as I think. Where I come from, we work for money and don't go around seeking stupid technicalities to exploit to make a buck we didn't earn.
This. Imagine telling people that you're rich because you sued redbull for a moronic reason. Its so embarrassing, but now of days people tend to sell their pride for money.
October 10th, 2014 04:13 PM
RDY4WAR This is me after drinking red bull...

October 10th, 2014 04:12 PM
Lefty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Bandit View Post
That would be NSFW
I could allow it

October 10th, 2014 04:05 PM
93Bandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Next person who get's their panties in a bunch in this thread


Must post pics
That would be NSFW
October 10th, 2014 03:59 PM
SlowbaltSS Red Bull should've been granted a "You shitting me?" by the judge and the case thrown out.
October 10th, 2014 11:26 AM
Lefty Next person who get's their panties in a bunch in this thread


























Must post pics
October 10th, 2014 10:03 AM
1BDSTNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
It IS as stupid as I think. Where I come from, we work for money and don't go around seeking stupid technicalities to exploit to make a buck we didn't earn.
Thankfully, I only had to get to the 6th post before I strongly agreed with something. IMO, anyone who gets money from this is no better than the guy that sued them. I read the article and I know why the lawsuit was brought about.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
Well Mr. Stupid is now carrying around $13 Million dollars. So I'm to assume that nobody here would ever jump at the chance to make $13 million dollars by any means necessary? If you say you wouldn't do the same thing you're a liar, or an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
You can whine about it all you want, but the fact is this guy made a healthy retirement sum of money, and you didn't. This has nothing to do with integrity, this is the United States, and we operate on capitalism. A capitalist opportunity presented itself and was perfectly legal, so he took advantage of it; if you are saying you wouldn't then you're a great liar. I've seen people make less money through illegal means, such as faux investments, corrupt financial activities, and other means. Please cry more, because that man with $13 million dollars is fueled by your tears.

Also, you guys are missing the point, by a long shot. You all are injecting morality and personal feelings into something that is a legal matter. If you really think I'm going to believe that any one of you would pass up the opportunity to make THIRTEEN MILLION DOLLARS *Dr. Evil stare with pinky* then you must take me for a fool. Shit filter is full.

Are you fucking serious?




Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
Or a person who doesn't take handouts, and wants to set an example for my kids that says its wrong to cheat someone else out of money that THEY worked for. Are you saying that you would take someone else's hard earned money, that isn't owed to you, over a claim that has absolutely zero effect on your life whatsoever?
October 10th, 2014 09:44 AM
Torched03Mach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
I guess Lefty and Torch are going to hell too for this one? Maybe they can give me a ride?
I agree with alot that's been said on here. I wouldn't have sued like this guy did, it's not something that I could sleep with at night. If I'm going to be bringing in millions of dollars, I want it to be for something that I accomplished. I don't want to die a millionaire, knowing that I received everything I had, by screwing the system out of money.



That being said, I don't know if I'm going to hell or not....If I do, I'll PM you before I go...
October 10th, 2014 12:07 AM
oooo2stang
October 9th, 2014 11:22 PM
Blackwid0wXR7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i'm not stirring the pot. i took the post exactly as it was presented. no, i wouldn't sue a company for 13 million dollars for the reason he sued, because i don't care about money as much as you apparently do. like i said, i could have made $10 for simply typing in my name and address, but i wouldn't even do that.

and you're being silly when you say things like "he might have sued because he was down to his last 10 dollars" let's be realistic here.

and don't get upset that people are telling you that you're making yourself sound like an asshole when you say you would do anything to make that much money. set your ego aside for a minute and take into account what these people are saying. that's another sign of virtue to me. to be able to take a step back and say "hey, maybe i did come off as an asshole. i should try to work on that so people don't think i'm actually an asshole or trying to screw people over"

i don't think you're a bad person, i just think you have some maturing to do when it comes to your opinions on certain things.
I had the same opportunity to claim the $10, and I didn't because I think it's stupid. I am being realistic, anything is a variable for why he could have decided to do what he did. I'm sure we will all know before long when they interview the guy and ask why he did it.

I'm not upset in the slightest, I just think people took my opinions and thoughts too personally. I'm not one to go out of my way to screw people over either, I have no reason to. I think it's funny how if I were faced with a opportunity to legally make 13 Million dollars I would seriously consider it got taken for I have no values or moral compass and I'm a greedy, self-absorbed guy who does whatever it takes to make a dime. Couldn't be any farther from the truth, but say what you like.

I guess it's back to Denzel mode.


Either way:


I guess Lefty and Torch are going to hell too for this one? Maybe they can give me a ride?
October 9th, 2014 11:12 PM
RDY4WAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
Keep stirring the pot, you took that post way too seriously, as did many others. The message there was most people in that situation would take the money and run. If you got offered that same chance to make $13 million, or even half of that, you're telling me there is absolutely NO chance you would even consider it?

You can think what you want about it, but it still doesn't belong in this thread. If you have a problem take it up with me in a PM.

I know what it takes to make a business successful, but at the scale that Red Bull operates at, $13 million is more or less a drop in the bucket. If it was a big deal for them they would have fought the whole thing tooth and nail, but they didn't so obviously it wasn't a huge issue for them.

@Nasty: I very well could be, but that is why they are just that, an assumption. It's only a big deal if someone makes it one. I have some very different ways of viewing the world, but when you study terrorism and all the other atrocities and political happenings going on in the world all the time, you can't help but be a little biased in your opinions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i'm not stirring the pot. i took the post exactly as it was presented. no, i wouldn't sue a company for 13 million dollars for the reason he sued, because i don't care about money as much as you apparently do. like i said, i could have made $10 for simply typing in my name and address, but i wouldn't even do that.

and you're being silly when you say things like "he might have sued because he was down to his last 10 dollars" let's be realistic here.

and don't get upset that people are telling you that you're making yourself sound like an asshole when you say you would do anything to make that much money. set your ego aside for a minute and take into account what these people are saying. that's another sign of virtue to me. to be able to take a step back and say "hey, maybe i did come off as an asshole. i should try to work on that so people don't think i'm actually an asshole or trying to screw people over"

i don't think you're a bad person, i just think you have some maturing to do when it comes to your opinions on certain things.
October 9th, 2014 11:03 PM
BWAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
Keep stirring the pot, you took that post way too seriously, as did many others. The message there was most people in that situation would take the money and run. If you got offered that same chance to make $13 million, or even half of that, you're telling me there is absolutely NO chance you would even consider it?

You can think what you want about it, but it still doesn't belong in this thread. If you have a problem take it up with me in a PM.

I know what it takes to make a business successful, but at the scale that Red Bull operates at, $13 million is more or less a drop in the bucket. If it was a big deal for them they would have fought the whole thing tooth and nail, but they didn't so obviously it wasn't a huge issue for them.
i'm not stirring the pot. i took the post exactly as it was presented. no, i wouldn't sue a company for 13 million dollars for the reason he sued, because i don't care about money as much as you apparently do. like i said, i could have made $10 for simply typing in my name and address, but i wouldn't even do that.

and you're being silly when you say things like "he might have sued because he was down to his last 10 dollars" let's be realistic here.

and don't get upset that people are telling you that you're making yourself sound like an asshole when you say you would do anything to make that much money. set your ego aside for a minute and take into account what these people are saying. that's another sign of virtue to me. to be able to take a step back and say "hey, maybe i did come off as an asshole. i should try to work on that so people don't think i'm actually an asshole or trying to screw people over"

i don't think you're a bad person, i just think you have some maturing to do when it comes to your opinions on certain things.
October 9th, 2014 10:52 PM
Blackwid0wXR7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
nobody took your posts out of context or got butthurt. you said if we could make 13 million dollars from a lawsuit, we would be idiots not to. that seems pretty cut and dry to me. but now you're trying to back track.

and don't comment on something i'm not dealing with directly? lol, really? i'll follow that rule when you do. and i'm not even going to comment on the apartment thing. i shouldn't have brought that to this thread, but i 100% stand behind my opinion that that's a dick move.

like i said, i HIGHLY doubt you would hold these opinions if you had the slightest clue what it took to make a business successful, as opposed to trying to screw people over to benefit yourself in miniscule ways.
Keep stirring the pot, you took that post way too seriously, as did many others. The message there was most people in that situation would take the money and run. If you got offered that same chance to make $13 million, or even half of that, you're telling me there is absolutely NO chance you would even consider it?

You can think what you want about it, but it still doesn't belong in this thread. If you have a problem take it up with me in a PM.

I know what it takes to make a business successful, but at the scale that Red Bull operates at, $13 million is more or less a drop in the bucket. If it was a big deal for them they would have fought the whole thing tooth and nail, but they didn't so obviously it wasn't a huge issue for them.

@Nasty: I very well could be, but that is why they are just that, an assumption. It's only a big deal if someone makes it one. I have some very different ways of viewing the world, but when you study terrorism and all the other atrocities and political happenings going on in the world all the time, you can't help but be a little biased in your opinions.
October 9th, 2014 10:44 PM
Nasty Blackwid0wXR7 you are just flat out wrong about a lot of your assumptions.
October 9th, 2014 10:38 PM
BWAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
I would say that's a huge over exaggeration, I'm actually a pretty chill dude for the most part. Also I'm not the only one in the same boat with this living situation, I have about 30 other tenants who want a petition put out, so don't comment on something you're not dealing with directly.

A lot of people took my points wayyyyyy out of context, or just got butthurt by my opinions. I never at any point said I agree with what went down, but I did say that he was legally able to do it. People can bash him all they want but they don't know his situation, he could have been down to his last $10, who knows...he saw an out and took it, I guess that makes him a terrible person. I know not what his situation is or was, but none of us do, so although the whole thing might look shitty, nobody can really judge the dude until more details surface. I mean he could just be some douche who said hey maybe I can sue them for this, and did so just because...that would definitely make him that guy...but again, nobody knows yet.
nobody took your posts out of context or got butthurt. you said if we could make 13 million dollars from a lawsuit, we would be idiots not to. that seems pretty cut and dry to me. but now you're trying to back track.

and don't comment on something i'm not dealing with directly? lol, really? i'll follow that rule when you do. and i'm not even going to comment on the apartment thing. i shouldn't have brought that to this thread, but i 100% stand behind my opinion that that's a dick move.

like i said, i HIGHLY doubt you would hold these opinions if you had the slightest clue what it took to make a business successful, as opposed to trying to screw people over to benefit yourself in miniscule ways.
October 9th, 2014 10:24 PM
Blackwid0wXR7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i just read the rest of the thread

between blackwidowxr7's opinion on this, and trying to shut down the business underneath his apartment that kept him up at night, even though he moved in afterwards, reminds me of a friend i used to have. that friend would screw anybody over in the blink of an eye for the chance to make his own life the tiniest bit better. he would kick over a 10 year old's sand castle if that's where he wanted to sit.

blackwidow, if you truly do want to view things objectively, put yourself in the position of the owners of that nightclub that worked so hard to build what they have. think of the money spent and the sacrifices they probably made. think of the same things with this red bull case. to you, it might be simple to go to city hall to shut down a club so you can get better sleep at night, but to them, they're losing their whole livelihood. in the red bull case, some people are coming out 10 dollars richer, while red bull may have to raise their prices, or even lay off employees. is that really worth it? i don't think you would think so if you took a walk in the shoes of a real business owner.

money isn't that important man. of course it's essential in a lot of ways, but i'm happy in life right now. i don't need millions of dollars in my bank account to be happy. i guess that makes me an "idiot or liar"
I would say that's a huge over exaggeration, I'm actually a pretty chill dude for the most part. Also I'm not the only one in the same boat with this living situation, I have about 30 other tenants who want a petition put out, so don't comment on something you're not dealing with directly.

A lot of people took my points wayyyyyy out of context, or just got butthurt by my opinions. I never at any point said I agree with what went down, but I did say that he was legally able to do it. People can bash him all they want but they don't know his situation, he could have been down to his last $10, who knows...he saw an out and took it, I guess that makes him a terrible person. I know not what his situation is or was, but none of us do, so although the whole thing might look shitty, nobody can really judge the dude until more details surface. I mean he could just be some douche who said hey maybe I can sue them for this, and did so just because...that would definitely make him that guy...but again, nobody knows yet.
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome