Forums at Modded Mustangs - Reply to Topic
Thread: Which one is easier??a rear end swap or engine swap? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
May 11th, 2010 04:33 PM
clidefr0g i went to read that guys paper but it was gone then i saw you say 2007 and was like wow.. 10 minutes of my life gone..
May 11th, 2010 01:40 PM
ReverendDexter Hahahaha, oops

I just saw new posts on the thread and didn't check the dates.
May 11th, 2010 01:38 PM
ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofmanmike View Post
The rear end would be easier any day. You really wanna pull the motor if you don't gotta?
Hello Troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendDexter View Post
Just curious how you can say there's no facts about a truly equal comparison, then say blowers definitively make more power?

The simplest logic that I can see is that superchargers have parasitic loss, turbos do not. So all else being equal, a motor with a supercharger will have more parasitic loss than a motor with a turbocharger, and thus transmit less power to the transmission.
Welcome to a thread from 2007.
May 11th, 2010 01:37 PM
ReverendDexter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Stud View Post
theres no way to know for sure.. you have to have a TRUE BLOWER on a car vs a turbo'd car of the same exact setup.. EVERYTHING MUST BE EXACT.. rims, tires, weigh, tranny set up, EVERYTHING and youll never see that so you cant prove anything "facts" are not present so dont say its facts


True Blowers create more power.. end of story
Just curious how you can say there's no facts about a truly equal comparison, then say blowers definitively make more power?

The simplest logic that I can see is that superchargers have parasitic loss, turbos do not. So all else being equal, a motor with a supercharger will have more parasitic loss than a motor with a turbocharger, and thus transmit less power to the transmission.
May 11th, 2010 01:32 PM
Goose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofmanmike View Post
The rear end would be easier any day. You really wanna pull the motor if you don't gotta?
Facepalm!
May 11th, 2010 01:29 PM
roofmanmike The rear end would be easier any day. You really wanna pull the motor if you don't gotta?
March 11th, 2009 08:16 PM
ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewells2420 View Post
WTF!? God I want to hurt you right now! Making me all excited to answer a question only to find out its over 2 years old.
LOL,
The answer wasn't all that great anyway.
March 11th, 2009 06:43 PM
ewells2420 WTF!? God I want to hurt you right now! Making me all excited to answer a question only to find out its over 2 years old.
March 11th, 2009 03:28 PM
ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin025 View Post
a turbo setup will cost you a pretty penny though, but in the end turbo is better because its free hp/tq compared to supercharger that uses at least 20% of engine power to create more power. the reason not many turbos are ran on the strip is because they are unreliable, ive seen it plenty of time, and the power band is not constant and with a big turbo you get a huge power boost in the middle of your powerband
Good job bringing up a thread from 07!
March 11th, 2009 12:25 PM
justin025 a turbo setup will cost you a pretty penny though, but in the end turbo is better because its free hp/tq compared to supercharger that uses at least 20% of engine power to create more power. the reason not many turbos are ran on the strip is because they are unreliable, ive seen it plenty of time, and the power band is not constant and with a big turbo you get a huge power boost in the middle of your powerband
April 8th, 2007 07:15 PM
Bies08 aight thanks
April 8th, 2007 07:14 PM
97stanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bies08
would it be easier..and i have what else would i have to do to the engine to make the turbo work??if that makes any sense??

PM cricket..he's the turbo guy around here.
April 8th, 2007 07:12 PM
Bies08 would it be easier..and i have what else would i have to do to the engine to make the turbo work??if that makes any sense??
April 8th, 2007 07:10 PM
97stanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bies08
ook soo back to the topic..haha...would it benefit me to do the project over a turbo..or a new rear axle
turbo..
April 8th, 2007 07:00 PM
Bies08 ook soo back to the topic..haha...would it benefit me to do the project over a turbo..or a new rear axle
April 8th, 2007 06:54 PM
Texan_Stud
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Stud
theres no way to know for sure.. you have to have a TRUE BLOWER on a car vs a turbo'd car of the same exact setup.. EVERYTHING MUST BE EXACT.. rims, tires, weigh, tranny set up, EVERYTHING and youll never see that so you cant prove anything "facts" are not present so dont say its facts


True Blowers create more power.. end of story
ya too many variables but i tend to like turbos better, not to say i wouldnt put a s/c on w/e car i have.
yeah its too gah to tell anyways... some day someone will create a giant turbo connected to a supercharger that is feeding the turbo air and then we will say running 100psi aint shit haha
April 8th, 2007 06:36 PM
232stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Stud
theres no way to know for sure.. you have to have a TRUE BLOWER on a car vs a turbo'd car of the same exact setup.. EVERYTHING MUST BE EXACT.. rims, tires, weigh, tranny set up, EVERYTHING and youll never see that so you cant prove anything "facts" are not present so dont say its facts


True Blowers create more power.. end of story
ya too many variables but i tend to like turbos better, not to say i wouldnt put a s/c on w/e car i have.
April 8th, 2007 06:31 PM
Texan_Stud theres no way to know for sure.. you have to have a TRUE BLOWER on a car vs a turbo'd car of the same exact setup.. EVERYTHING MUST BE EXACT.. rims, tires, weigh, tranny set up, EVERYTHING and youll never see that so you cant prove anything "facts" are not present so dont say its facts


True Blowers create more power.. end of story
April 8th, 2007 06:08 PM
232stang turbos pwn street/strip but top fuel dragster use s/c. mainly because a dodge truck with a hemi doesnt have enough power to even turn the pulley.
April 8th, 2007 06:06 PM
232stang i had to write a persuasive paper and i dont know how persuasive it is but i tried.
here it is for all
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/137308/FI-2--rtf.html
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome