decision 2010 the only thread - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
 
Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SWMO
Posts: 11,488
Blog Entries: 2
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
decision 2010 the only thread

the rest will be merged or deleted. last thing we need is 300000000000000 election threads going at once.

how did your state do?

well looking at our results i belive out of the about 30+ offices elected we sent 1 democrat to office. the rest were all republican winners. this is good and bad because some people only won becuase they were republicans not because they would be a better choice. like our democratic state auditor lost to a republican guy who has no experience in auditing, never conducted a audit and is not even as much as a accountant but hey hes a republican so he won



Quote:
Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can shit a human sized target at 15 feet
Dennis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:31 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Seabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Beach Park IL.
Posts: 7,994
                 
iTrader: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Seabee
California can't smoke weed



EX-MILITARY CREW
ANTI ILLEGALS CREW FOUNDER
Seabee is offline  
post #3 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:36 AM
HoMoHaIr
 
Rdot9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,580
Blog Entries: 1
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
or can they????


Don't take anything i say seriously...seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureMACH1racer View Post
I love Rdot, he is funny and I would let him be my copilot on my voyage to infinity and beyond.
http://asudubstep.com/
Rdot9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:36 AM
MM Fanatic
 
mxnate116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,357
         
iTrader: 1 reviews
were gonna get booze in gas stations and grocery stores, candy and soda isnt taxed anymore, and thats about it.

mxnate116 is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:39 AM
HoMoHaIr
 
Rdot9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,580
Blog Entries: 1
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
gas station booze ftw.... sometimes


Don't take anything i say seriously...seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureMACH1racer View Post
I love Rdot, he is funny and I would let him be my copilot on my voyage to infinity and beyond.
http://asudubstep.com/
Rdot9 is offline  
post #6 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:11 AM
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
 
98FireyGT!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,807
               
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnate116 View Post
were gonna get booze in gas stations and grocery stores, candy and soda isnt taxed anymore, and thats about it.


I've heard that they cut some funding to firefighters and law enforcement though...sad day



MM BRONY CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
It's good looking and it feels so nice and soft.
98FireyGT! is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:25 AM
MM Fanatic
 
mxnate116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,357
         
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FireyGT View Post


I've heard that they cut some funding to firefighters and law enforcement though...sad day
i think it depends more on which of the initiatives go through, one of them ditches the high liquor tax, the other reforms it. but we shall see

im not to sure how i feel about it though, i know in idaho and california they have liquor everywhere, and seem to be doin fine. but when they sell four lokos in a gas station a fifth cant be much worse haha

mxnate116 is offline  
post #8 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:35 AM
╚⊙ ⊙╝
 
Goose!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 14,719
                     
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnate116 View Post
i think it depends more on which of the initiatives go through, one of them ditches the high liquor tax, the other reforms it. but we shall see

im not to sure how i feel about it though, i know in idaho and california they have liquor everywhere, and seem to be doin fine. but when they sell four lokos in a gas station a fifth cant be much worse haha
that they do, i drove down through idaho in the summer (i was in spokane too) on a roadtrip down to seattle and in the convenience stores/ gas stations there was beer and alcohol everywhere, and a lot had mini casinos attached too.

lol, here you can only get alcohol at liquor stores and you cant even go in the store if your under 18, unless your with an adult (like a parent buying something)


2000 V6 - Turbo
2005 Tahoe LT - DD
1994 GT - Parting Out
1998 GT - Parting Out

1995 GT - SOLD

Insta :@Southfour6[/CENTER]
Goose! is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Tini Tini Bo Bini
 
Ace417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 9,029
                 
Garage
iTrader: 2 reviews
Im just glad the republicans won the house majority so they can shut the fuck up about the democrats having too much power.



2007 GT - Gone
2016 FoST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
What am I, some kind of nipple whisperer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can confirm this. More than once he's woken me up in the middle of the night, banging on my window, bare ass naked, yelling something about being chased by Donald Duck
Ace417 is offline  
post #10 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Moderator
 
03SonicBoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,592
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Like a lot of elections, there were a TON of republicans elected. I was pretty pleased with the overall Indiana results. Tod Young won over Barron Hill as state rep and I was pleased with that.

They also put a cap on property taxes which is good since the original idea of property tax has been completely f-ed over. Now it's caped at 2% of the assessed house value.

The STUPID county ballot measure passed. Allows for a property tax increase of $0.14 per $100 of the assessed house value (ie, a $150k house will have to pay an extra $210 in property taxes). This money will go to the local school system b/c they CLAIM they don't have enough money. Yet the local high schools JUST spent $500k on new artificial grass for the football fields, built an NICE new administration building (including a rain water capture system that cost ~$150k alone), and a new $250k soccer field. The county claims the money is in the wrong fund, it's the "wrong color" (which right now is correct and it can not be used). What they fail to mention is that the bill is currently in the state government to allow the school systems to move funds from one area to another (with proper voting).

I just love seeing my taxes go up b/c people think the answer is to just throw money at a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
California can't smoke weed
That's because of the lazy younger class. I was looking through the exit polls and California had two distinct groups on the matter. One was older people who were against it. The other was younger people who were for it. Unfortunetly, the younger people were too lazy and didn't get out and vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace417 View Post
Im just glad the republicans won the house majority so they can shut the fuck up about the democrats having too much power.
I think it's going to be worse now. The repubs are going to bitch and moan and say they can't do anything w/ Obama. The dems are going to bitch and moan and now point any failures on the fact that Repubs control the house.

They need to get rid of parties all together. Parties are created to help people who are ignorant about the people running (see example from Dennis). Then you can eliminate people who just go to vote straigh party and have a little more educated people voting.

03SonicBoom is offline  
post #11 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:55 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
XectriK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,863
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
We elected several republicans in our state too which we're a republican state so that was expected. What other amendments did your state vote for?

We had right to hunt. Which passed with a land slide, and we had silent vote for unions. Also a landslide.


XectriK is offline  
post #12 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
 
1RápidoZorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 14,391
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
As usual, Im with you Sonic. Hopefully we can see come Change.

As for the Californians, the younger people were probably too lazy because they were too busy being baked on their couches. But then agian, this has been a trend for quite some time now where this younger class expects things to be done for them rather than them having to take some initiative for themselves. It truly is sad...
1RápidoZorro is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
Free Mouth Hugs
 
sickfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rocky River OHIO
Posts: 9,037
                     
iTrader: 3 reviews
+1 on this repubs vs dems bs. Its really out of hand and to much of a us vs them attitude instead of who is better for the damn job.

Honestly I didnt vote. I wasnt informed enough to make a choice and I wasnt just going to go vote with out knowing.

What I do know its that everyone of them are a bad person and a crook. (going by the commercials)

<img src=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/Thurston22782/siggg.png border=0 alt= />
MM Clevage Club #15
MMWNBCC CO-Founder
DD 2015 Ram QC 4x4 blackout
DD2 2016 Challenger R/T
Toy 1991 Mustang lx 5.0
sickfox is offline  
post #14 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:12 AM
Tini Tini Bo Bini
 
Ace417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 9,029
                 
Garage
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
I think it's going to be worse now. The repubs are going to bitch and moan and say they can't do anything w/ Obama. The dems are going to bitch and moan and now point any failures on the fact that Repubs control the house.

They need to get rid of parties all together. Parties are created to help people who are ignorant about the people running (see example from Dennis). Then you can eliminate people who just go to vote straigh party and have a little more educated people voting.
Sadly you are probably right. Everyone is just going to make excuses to skirt around getting anything done.



2007 GT - Gone
2016 FoST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
What am I, some kind of nipple whisperer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can confirm this. More than once he's woken me up in the middle of the night, banging on my window, bare ass naked, yelling something about being chased by Donald Duck
Ace417 is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Moderator
 
03SonicBoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,592
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace417 View Post
Sadly you are probably right. Everyone is just going to make excuses to skirt around getting anything done.
I know and it sucks. Unfortunetly, everyone seems to do it. I've told my project manager off before because of this. I told him we can sit around and point fingers or we can fix the problem and place the blame later.

But sadly, our politics have come to a complete "Side A" vs "Side B" and I feel it's going to come to gridlock over the next 2 years.

03SonicBoom is offline  
post #16 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
The Hammer
 
G.T. Rags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zip's Bubble
Posts: 14,288
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
California can't smoke weed
epic fail

propl 19 only would have expanded what was legal to grow.... i beleive right now it's only 16 plants budding and 16 plants in growth stages or something like that

prop 19 would have allowed to to grow 25 square feet of plants in your home......you could virtually have up to 50-75 plants going at once... and it would have also allowed you to sell to other states. i beleive right now your only allowed to trade between states


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I would eat the peanuts out of her shit

Car Salesman Club - The Hammer
ModdedMustangs Conspiracy Group: President
G.T. Rags is offline  
post #17 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Cum On Me Bro
 
sikedsyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,104
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
The Arizona Medical Marijuana prop lost by .008%

sikedsyko is offline  
post #18 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
MM's Orangest
 
Mach Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 2,885
Blog Entries: 1
   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
the rest will be merged or deleted. last thing we need is 300000000000000 election threads going at once.

how did your state do?

well looking at our results i belive out of the about 30+ offices elected we sent 1 democrat to office. the rest were all republican winners. this is good and bad because some people only won becuase they were republicans not because they would be a better choice. like our democratic state auditor lost to a republican guy who has no experience in auditing, never conducted a audit and is not even as much as a accountant but hey hes a republican so he won
The same thing happened the last two election years only for the Democrats. It just goes to show you how volatile the political atmosphere is right now. I'm just happy that Nancy Pelosi won't be Speaker of the House anymore.


Looking for 03/04 4V ABS Wiring Harness Connector/Incomplete Wiring Harness (with ABS connector)
Mach Boy is offline  
post #19 of 19 Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
 
Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SWMO
Posts: 11,488
Blog Entries: 2
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
amen i cant stand that bitch. we had a propostition pass that is going to put strict regulations on puppy mills which is good. but yea people didnt even try to reaserch candidates here. if they had a political add on tv saying they sided with pelosi or obama they did not get elected. not a single one



Quote:
Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can shit a human sized target at 15 feet
Dennis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome