Debates - Page 5 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:14 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 2,561
         
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
Maybe I should have been more clear that's the general statement I was asking him if he was serious about! Of course if she tried to call out Romney on something during the debate one will say she was biased towards President Obama.
Yeah I'm serious. Don't say it's not true, I just don't believe women should be a part of the debates because they can't conduct themselves the way men do. I'm not sexist, it just really pissed me off when what could have been Romney's best moment of the debate was ruined by the moderator, and I don't think a male moderator would've done that.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
Silver GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
MM's Official Lab Rat!
 
bakerjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Posts: 3,315
           
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
I personally know quite a few including my wife whom is a vet and my ex wife whom is also a vet and stangluvr197(whom is a Republican member Veteran here) supports him also. I also know some that do not support him. Expand your circles of like minded people whom simply agree with your views is what I say bc quite a few military(including vets) men and women support President Obama outside the world of this forum! I have some associates who don't like a bone in the Presidents body and swear he is a Muslim.
You're fuckin' kidding me right? I know plenty of people that are all about BO, my girlfriend and her family included. I actually have a life outside of this forum. Not too mention I live in an area that is dominated by Obama supporters because they're all lazy bastards that want handouts. Expand my circles? I don't choose friends based on their political views.


2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - At Corsa
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone
bakerjd is offline  
post #83 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,182
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
You're fuckin' kidding me right? I know plenty of people that are all about BO, my girlfriend and her family included. I actually have a life outside of this forum. Not too mention I live in an area that is dominated by Obama supporters because they're all lazy bastards that want handouts. Expand my circles? I don't choose friends based on their political views.
No im not "fkin' kidding"! So all President Obama supporters you know besides your girlfriend and her family are all just "lazy bastards that want a handout"?

This statement by you "The fact that I don't know a SINGLE military man/woman that supports Obama speaks VOLUMES to me" is why I said that bc quite a few military men and women support President Obama. What branch of the military are you in bc your location says Ohio?

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #84 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,182
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
Yeah I'm serious. Don't say it's not true, I just don't believe women should be a part of the debates because they can't conduct themselves the way men do. I'm not sexist, it just really pissed me off when what could have been Romney's best moment of the debate was ruined by the moderator, and I don't think a male moderator would've done that.


"and that's why it was 20 years since there was a female moderator, women can never just sit there and keep thier mouth shut."

"I just don't believe women should be a part of the debates because they can't conduct themselves the way men do."


That's your opinion and im gonna leave that where its at. Why would you defend it as not being sexist? Do you view it as sort of a sexist type comment?

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
post #85 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
That Regular Guy
 
TerminalIntelligence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 10,393
Blog Entries: 1
             
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
"and that's why it was 20 years since there was a female moderator, women can never just sit there and keep thier mouth shut."

"I just don't believe women should be a part of the debates because they can't conduct themselves the way men do."


That's your opinion and im gonna leave that where its at. Why would you defend it as not being sexist? Do you view it as sort of a sexist type comment?
Typical remark


---------------------------
Not online. On the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
I would hit it like the fist of an angry God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton View Post
just wasted my whole night on this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
Wait till you waste your entire life on this forum...

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
TerminalIntelligence is offline  
post #86 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Road Warrior
 
echo whiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In the middle.
Posts: 515
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
"and that's why it was 20 years since there was a female moderator, women can never just sit there and keep thier mouth shut."

"I just don't believe women should be a part of the debates because they can't conduct themselves the way men do."


That's your opinion and im gonna leave that where its at. Why would you defend it as not being sexist? Do you view it as sort of a sexist type comment?
Without addressing the controversy raised in this thread, let me ask this: is it sexist to note differences between men and women? If not, why not?

On average, men have more bodily strength than women. Sexist?
On average, men have more aerobic capacity than women. Sexist?
On average, men look at things differently than women. Sexist?

My signature was stupid, so now I don't have one.
echo whiskey is offline  
post #87 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,182
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo whiskey View Post
Without addressing the controversy raised in this thread, let me ask this: is it sexist to note differences between men and women? If not, why not?

On average, men have more bodily strength than women. Sexist?
On average, men have more aerobic capacity than women. Sexist?
On average, men look at things differently than women. Sexist?
So your response to these statements
("women can never just sit there and keep their mouth shut."
""I just don't believe women should be a part of the debates because they can't conduct themselves the way men do.")


Which are obviously sexist is to ask me those questions above? Lmfao man please how is that even comparable. You Boys are something else.

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
post #88 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Stangluvr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,901
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
for the record, there has been at least one woman moderator on debates I can remember. Didn't ABC's Carole Simpson also moderate in 1992?


-----------------------------------------------
2011 Mustang 5.0 GT, 6MT, 3.73's
Performance white, Roush CAI, Roush Axle Back
Stangluvr1970 is offline  
post #89 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Road Warrior
 
echo whiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In the middle.
Posts: 515
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
So your response to these statements
("women can never just sit there and keep their mouth shut."
""I just don't believe women should be a part of the debates because they can't conduct themselves the way men do.")


Which are obviously sexist is to ask me those questions above? Lmfao man please how is that even comparable. You Boys are something else.
I notice that you didn't actually answer the question.

My signature was stupid, so now I don't have one.
echo whiskey is offline  
post #90 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
women can never just sit there and keep thier mouth shut. She was clearly on Obama's side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
Yeah I'm serious. Don't say it's not true, I just don't believe women should be a part of the debates because they can't conduct themselves the way men do. I'm not sexist, it just really pissed me off when what could have been Romney's best moment of the debate was ruined by the moderator, and I don't think a male moderator would've done that.
Wow.

I'll say it: It's not true. You're 100% wrong. And you are 100% sexist. You are the definition of sexist.

I would love to watch you debate my mother. She would rip your ass to shreds.

Do you have children? If so, is one a girl?

Please, if you do, or when you do, raise your daughter with this mindset: Make sure you teach her that women aren't able to keep their mouth shut. Tell her that she should never be allowed in debates because chances are she won't be able to keep her mouth shut. Is that what you will teach your daughter should you have one?

What a ridiculous and blatantly sexist commentary, and there is absolutely no logical, rational, or concrete justification to what you're written here. Don't give me this "I'm just speaking reality here" bullshit either. What you wrote here is the absolute definition of sexist mindset. You think that this person could not keep their mouth shut and the reason for that is because they are female. Definition. Of. Sexist.

So you have never met a man that has ever been unable to keep his mouth shut? Never met a man that has been a horrible moderator? Come on man. There are shitloads of men who can't shut up, talk over you, and are horrific moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo whiskey View Post
Without addressing the controversy raised in this thread, let me ask this: is it sexist to note differences between men and women? If not, why not?

On average, men have more bodily strength than women. Sexist?
On average, men have more aerobic capacity than women. Sexist?
On average, men look at things differently than women. Sexist?
This is not about noting the 'differences between men and women.' That's age old bullshit that sexists use to try to baffle brains and justify their ignorant commentary. What Silver wrote is not 'noting the differences between men and women'. Because the thought or statement that women can't shut up and should not be allowed to debate is ridiculously wrong. As I wrote to Silver, if you've never met a man who can't shut up, or one who talks over you during an argument, or, have never met a woman who is a great moderator or debater, I don't know what to tell you. You're living a different life than I am I guess.

Yes on average men have more bodily strength. Yes on average men have more aerobic capacity than women. Yes on average men and women look at some things differently.

So what? What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Are you going to teach your daughter that women can't shut up and shouldn't be allowed in debates?

Ridiculous.


Side note: You can't say 'without addressing this controversy' and then directly address it.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #91 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Road Warrior
 
echo whiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In the middle.
Posts: 515
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I was just checking to see if it was okay to note differences between men and women. Some people don't think that's okay.


Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

My signature was stupid, so now I don't have one.
echo whiskey is offline  
post #92 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo whiskey View Post
I was just checking to see if it was okay to note differences between men and women. Some people don't think that's okay.


Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
I understand. And yes I agree that's absolutely ok. The reason I went further is because when that question is asked in the context that developed in this thread, that is the common line of 'explanation' tried to use to present sexist commentary as justifiable and explainable.

Absolutely women and men have innate differences.

One of them is not that women can't shut up and as such should not be allowed to participate in debates.

And there are 2 kinds of men usually who talk this way. The kind who have a daughter and realize the error of their ways, and the kind who have a daughter and are raising them with horrific principles and belief systems.

Any rational person knows that gender is not the arbiter of whether or not someone knows when to shut up.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #93 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 2,561
         
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Wow.

I'll say it: It's not true. You're 100% wrong. And you are 100% sexist. You are the definition of sexist.

I would love to watch you debate my mother. She would rip your ass to shreds.

Do you have children? If so, is one a girl?

Please, if you do, or when you do, raise your daughter with this mindset: Make sure you teach her that women aren't able to keep their mouth shut. Tell her that she should never be allowed in debates because chances are she won't be able to keep her mouth shut. Is that what you will teach your daughter should you have one?

What a ridiculous and blatantly sexist commentary, and there is absolutely no logical, rational, or concrete justification to what you're written here. Don't give me this "I'm just speaking reality here" bullshit either. What you wrote here is the absolute definition of sexist mindset. You think that this person could not keep their mouth shut and the reason for that is because they are female. Definition. Of. Sexist.

So you have never met a man that has ever been unable to keep his mouth shut? Never met a man that has been a horrible moderator? Come on man. There are shitloads of men who can't shut up, talk over you, and are horrific moderators.



This is not about noting the 'differences between men and women.' That's age old bullshit that sexists use to try to baffle brains and justify their ignorant commentary. What Silver wrote is not 'noting the differences between men and women'. Because the thought or statement that women can't shut up and should not be allowed to debate is ridiculously wrong. As I wrote to Silver, if you've never met a man who can't shut up, or one who talks over you during an argument, or, have never met a woman who is a great moderator or debater, I don't know what to tell you. You're living a different life than I am I guess.

Yes on average men have more bodily strength. Yes on average men have more aerobic capacity than women. Yes on average men and women look at some things differently.

So what? What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Are you going to teach your daughter that women can't shut up and shouldn't be allowed in debates?

Ridiculous.


Side note: You can't say 'without addressing this controversy' and then directly address it.
No, I'm not sexist, I really wanted Hilary Clinton to be president back when she ran. I think she could've done a way better job than Obama. She saw what it takes to be president when Bill was in office, unlike Obama who was and still is just in it to be a celebrity.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
Silver GT is offline  
post #94 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
No, I'm not sexist, I really wanted Hilary Clinton to be president back when she ran. I think she could've done a way better job than Obama.
Fine. You may not be. But your statements that women can never just sit there and shut up, and should not be allowed to be part of debates because they cannot conduct themselves the way men do are extremely sexist comments.

By the way, I'm not attacking you. You made the comments, and I'm just replying to them. People who cannot shut up has nothing to do with gender. And I guarantee you if you had a daughter you would never think of saying such things to her, or in front of her.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #95 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
MM's Official Lab Rat!
 
bakerjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Posts: 3,315
           
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
No im not "fkin' kidding"! So all President Obama supporters you know besides your girlfriend and her family are all just "lazy bastards that want a handout"?

This statement by you "The fact that I don't know a SINGLE military man/woman that supports Obama speaks VOLUMES to me" is why I said that bc quite a few military men and women support President Obama. What branch of the military are you in bc your location says Ohio?
You assume I'm in the military because...?

Yes, majority of the people from my area that support Obama are lazy, handout wanting individuals. I know that's a generalization and doesn't reflect his supporters completely but it certainly fits the mold for a good number. I know a TON of military men/woman and NOT ONE (literally) supports Obama. Where I'm from, you join the military or work at the steel mill (typically). I obviously don't fit that statement but that's neither here nor there. I'm sure there are members of the military that support him but like I said, I don't know any. Just because I don't know any of his military supporters doesn't mean I should "expand my circle" because like I said, I don't chose friends based on their political beliefs. I come from an area that is VERY diverse (Cleveland area) so please don't preach to me about being narrow-minded. You know that Obama cell phone video that's huge on Youtube? I work in that city, lol...THAT'S the typical supporter from this area if you'd like me to paint you a picture.


2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - At Corsa
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone
bakerjd is offline  
post #96 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
MM's Official Lab Rat!
 
bakerjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Posts: 3,315
           
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo whiskey View Post
I notice that you didn't actually answer the question.
He doesn't answer questions. He just replies in condescending questions to avoid providing answers. Sound familiar Democrats?


2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - At Corsa
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone
bakerjd is offline  
post #97 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
That Regular Guy
 
TerminalIntelligence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 10,393
Blog Entries: 1
             
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
He doesn't answer questions. He just replies in condescending questions to avoid providing answers. Sound familiar Democrats?
True true.


---------------------------
Not online. On the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
I would hit it like the fist of an angry God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton View Post
just wasted my whole night on this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
Wait till you waste your entire life on this forum...

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
TerminalIntelligence is offline  
post #98 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,182
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNmustang95 View Post
True true.


---------------------------
Not online. On the phone.
lol there you go again. It never fails.

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
post #99 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:12 PM
MM's Official Lab Rat!
 
bakerjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Posts: 3,315
           
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
lol there you go again. It never fails.
He's a man of few words


2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - At Corsa
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone
bakerjd is offline  
post #100 of 109 Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,182
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
He doesn't answer questions. He just replies in condescending questions to avoid providing answers. Sound familiar Democrats?
I answered his question just not in the way he wanted me to. His questions were not comparable with the sexist statements that were made. So I found it pointless to answer some crap like that even Zip addressed that.

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome