2 Former Seals Take out 60 enemies at Benghazi, Imagine if they'd had support - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 Old October 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Road Warrior

2 Former Seals Take out 60 enemies at Benghazi, Imagine if they'd had support

Earn your Trident every day… ScottOnCapeCod's Weblog

My signature was stupid, so now I don't have one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old October 28th, 2012, 09:13 AM
KCCO

Brought a tear to my eye

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Centennial GT Project

My weakness becomes my weapon, and pain my pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCubersoldat View Post
I'll buy a Chevy before i go back to MMR.
post #3 of 56 Old October 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Cornholed Manthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by codycat91 View Post
Brought a tear to my eye

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Same.

It amazes and moves me how quickly these kind of guys are willing to give up their lives for others. True heroes. Tears me apart that they could have lived if they had back up.

Care packages for the troops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastFox View Post
The world has turned into such a safe place that idiots are now capable of not only thriving, but reproducing as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I use my Mustang to impress other guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 Old October 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

It's amazing what these two men did that day. They are true American heroes.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #5 of 56 Old October 28th, 2012, 10:49 PM

its' Sad to lose these brave American men. I dont know the asolute facts but from what I have read the Obama administration did not respond in a timely manner who really knows the truth. The fact remains that in the American Arsenal of military assests lies the best soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen and woman anywhere in the world.

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #6 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG Pate View Post
its' Sad to lose these brave American men. I dont know the asolute facts but from what I have read the Obama administration did not respond in a timely manner who really knows the truth. The fact remains that in the American Arsenal of military assests lies the best soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen and woman anywhere in the world.
Agreed! None of us knows what really happened and until we do it's best not to arrive at a conclusion through conjecture.

John

SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
post #7 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
3v reppin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanutcase View Post
Agreed! None of us knows what really happened and until we do it's best not to arrive at a conclusion through conjecture.

John
I don't think it's too difficult to imagine that there is definitely some blame to pass around though, being that a military base with air support was so close by.

2007 GT Convertible Build Thread
Vortech V3 trim, FRPP Intake manifold, MAC LT's, Prochamber, Ford Racing 3:73 gears, FRPP springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP 62mm Throttle body, tuned by True Street Motorsports. 523 rwhp 440 lbft torque
post #8 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
I don't think it's too difficult to imagine that there is definitely some blame to pass around though, being that a military base with air support was so close by.
On a CNN interview it was told that there was air support less then 600 miles or 1 hours travel for the Fast movers.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #9 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 02:30 PM

It's cut and dry for me when US soldiers lives are at risk everything else and everyone else takes a back seat. In our creed it says we will never leave a fallen Comrad but in this case it looks like someone did not provide the support needed for these soldiers. It is a scary situation to be In a place like that fighting for your life and no one comes to thier aid. We need to quit being so political and start taking care of our own even at the cost of others it is our duty to do this.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #10 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Better than Drugs!

FUCK YES! I say this b/c I am a USN Vet and I have met some seals. They are the shit. America FUCK YEAH! Thank you for the afternoon boner!

96 GT-sold
98 GT-parted
90 GT-traded
98 GT-traded
98 GT-parted
94 GT/Cobra-sold
95 Cobra Saleened-sold
97 Cobra-sold
99 GT-sold
97 Cobra-sold
95 Cobra- sold
97 Cobra-parts
96 Cobra-sold
96 Cobra- Project "Dead Pony"

MM Cobra member 969
post #11 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I love to skydive

And that just made my day right there.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #12 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Therein lies the flaw in your argument. You base it on what you "imagine" to be the truth. Until you have concrete evidence to your argument it will never be valid.

John

SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
post #13 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 03:36 PM
3v reppin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanutcase View Post
Therein lies the flaw in your argument. You base it on what you "imagine" to be the truth. Until you have concrete evidence to your argument it will never be valid.

John
John, there is plenty of concrete evidence. There was a real time web cast of events to the White House and there's a military base an hour away by air. The CIA requested assistance and it was denied. Anything else is just excuses. My "imagine" comment is that we can't say exactly who is responsible for not ordering air support, but we can definitely say that the president has the authority to override anyone's decision and the buck will always stop there.

You can like the president all you want, but surely you don't excuse this?

The reality in war is that you never have all the information you want, but you have to act on incomplete information. Our men died because we wanted more information before we acted. Fuck them and their wish for info. The Red Cross knew not to be there but our military doesn't have anybody there to protect the embassy? That's just crazy.

There's a lot of blame to go around, but ultimately the Commander in Chief foots the bill.

Vortech V3 trim, FRPP Intake manifold, MAC LT's, Prochamber, Ford Racing 3:73 gears, FRPP springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP 62mm Throttle body, tuned by True Street Motorsports. 523 rwhp 440 lbft torque
post #14 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I love to skydive

I don't know what I would do. If I could get there via flight and drop some bombs and help my fellow comrades, but be ordered not to. Yeah that would not end well.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #15 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 03:41 PM

Anytime we leave American soldiers without support is not excusable no matter what the situation is.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #16 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
John, there is plenty of concrete evidence. There was a real time web cast of events to the White House and there's a military base an hour away by air. The CIA requested assistance and it was denied. Anything else is just excuses.
I guess that depends on what you believe is "concrete" evidence.

Quote:
My "imagine" comment is that we can't say exactly who is responsible for not ordering air support, but we can definitely say that the president has the authority to override anyone's decision and the buck will always stop there.
Agreed! He is the commander in chief and the blame should be ultimately his if in fact there is blame to be had.

Quote:
You can like the president all you want, but surely you don't excuse this?
My political feelings and my feelings on human life are two different things.

Quote:
The reality in war is that you never have all the information you want, but you have to act on incomplete information. Our men died because we wanted more information before we acted. Fuck them and their wish for info. The Red Cross knew not to be there but our military doesn't have anybody there to protect the embassy? That's just crazy.

There's a lot of blame to go around, but ultimately the Commander in Chief foots the bill.
True so perhaps the incomplete info he had didn't illustrate the seriousness of the situation at the time. A decision was made and, unfortunately, that decision effected the deaths of our ambassador and 3 other government officials. We don't know what he was provided nor do we know what got filtered before said incomplete info was given to him.

I understand yours and everyone elses frustration in this but rather than go on information that none of us knows is credible or not it would be best for us to see it unfold in it's entirety so that we can see the entire picture and make a judgement based on evidential fact rather than trying to piece it together.

If there was wrongdoing then certainly those responsible need to own up and pay for their transgressions but until then lets stick with one of our nations most sacred beliefs....Innocent until proven guilty!

John

post #17 of 56 Old October 29th, 2012, 04:08 PM
3v reppin'

Yeah like we can trust the people that stopped the investigation on the fast and furious scandal to fully investigate this. They couldn't even use our political clout to get our investigators in for over a month.

post #18 of 56 Old October 30th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mustang Boy Send a message via MSN to Mustang Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang Boy
Cool

Quote:
John, there is plenty of concrete evidence. There was a real time web cast of events to the White House and there's a military base an hour away by air. The CIA requested assistance and it was denied. Anything else is just excuses. My "imagine" comment is that we can't say exactly who is responsible for not ordering air support, but we can definitely say that the president has the authority to override anyone's decision and the buck will always stop there.
Turns out the major piece of your "concrete" evidence is made up and isn't true.

check this link here, snopes.com: Attack on the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi

Turns out they weren't watching real time footage like you believed.

315's Crew

Black and White Crew
Crew Member #2
post #19 of 56 Old October 30th, 2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Boy View Post
Turns out the major piece of your "concrete" evidence is made up and isn't true.

check this link here, snopes.com: Attack on the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi

Turns out they weren't watching real time footage like you believed.
Just as I suspected. Of course this in no way changes my respect for you Taxman. It only serves as a reminder to dig a little deeper when sourcing the information you want to know about a subject.

I respect your view and hope that the information you have is credible enough to make the correct decision. Me? I'm going to wait until I can trust who it is that is dispensing said info so that I can make an educated decision on who is to blame for the Bhengazi debacle or if blame is even necessary. Sometimes events unfold that are beyond anyones control.

John

post #20 of 56 Old October 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
3v reppin'

So would the request by the CIA for assistance also not be true?

According to snopes we really can't trust anything ever.

I do find it hard to believe that the ambassador wouldn't have access to contact somebody for help.

But you're right Nova. We should always just wait until everything is over and we can conduct a six month investigation and be sure we have every single fact before we ever act. That way, we'll never have to act at all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page