U.S Bombing SYRIA - Page 4 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 12:23 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpwr07 View Post
This isn't the situation, but what if a country unleashed a small scale nuclear device on their people. Would we stand by?

Countries shouldn't use certain weapons, such as chemical, against their own people. I'm not saying we should go to war, or we even have anything to gain, but there has to be some sort of line we don't let people cross without repercussion.
Here is my problem with the "But we have to do SOMETHING!" mentality...

War is all about strategy. We can't just send a handful of missiles over there to "make a point" because it doesn't work. It didn't work for Bush I in the 90's, as Saddam Hussein didn't go, "Aw shit, I suppose I shouldn't massacre my own people!", he just went right back to doing what he did.
The endgame in Syria is much much worse. Syria is in bed with Russia. Putin is a very agressive old school KGB man, he wants Russia to be feared like it was in the 70's and early 80's, and he won't pussy out either. Iran and Israel are going to start shooting at each other when this goes down, Russia will step in on Syria's behalf, and we have the starting of WWIII right there and caused by the USA and it's narcissistic President.

We don't even have tangible proof that Syria is the one using the chemical weapons. Remember... We went to war with Iraq based on the intelligence that they had WMDs. We gave them all kinds of time to hide the WMDs, and they did (by taking them to Syria) and now everyone wants Bush II's head for going to war over lies because no one knows where the WMDs went. So we're using this info against Syria now, and Britain figured out that this is a bad idea, so they've backed out. Last I heard France is backing out, so we're standing alone.

Nothing good will come from this. It's a bad idea. While it's horrible that the chemical weapons are being used, we cannot prove it is coming from Syria's government and isn't a fake out by the Muslim Underground to gain power. Oh yeah, don't you know about them? They did such a great job in Egypt that they're revolting to get them back out and want Mubrack back. Who jumps into power in Syria? Yup, Muslim Underground.

We should not do it. It is a bad move tactically, politically, and will cause way more problems than it solves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 12:30 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post

War is all about strategy. We can't just send a handful of missiles over there to "make a point" because it doesn't work. It didn't work for Bush I in the 90's, as Saddam Hussein didn't go, "Aw shit, I suppose I shouldn't massacre my own people!", he just went right back to doing what he did.
The endgame in Syria is much much worse. Syria is in bed with Russia. Putin is a very agressive old school KGB man, he wants Russia to be feared like it was in the 70's and early 80's, and he won't pussy out either. Iran and Israel are going to start shooting at each other when this goes down, Russia will step in on Syria's behalf, and we have the starting of WWIII right there and caused by the USA and it's narcissistic President.

We don't even have tangible proof that Syria is the one using the chemical weapons. Remember... We went to war with Iraq based on the intelligence that they had WMDs. We gave them all kinds of time to hide the WMDs, and they did (by taking them to Syria) and now everyone wants Bush II's head for going to war over lies because no one knows where the WMDs went. So we're using this info against Syria now, and Britain figured out that this is a bad idea, so they've backed out. Last I heard France is backing out, so we're standing alone.

Nothing good will come from this. It's a bad idea. While it's horrible that the chemical weapons are being used, we cannot prove it is coming from Syria's government and isn't a fake out by the Muslim Underground to gain power. Oh yeah, don't you know about them? They did such a great job in Egypt that they're revolting to get them back out and want Mubrack back. Who jumps into power in Syria? Yup, Muslim Underground.

We should not do it. It is a bad move tactically, politically, and will cause way more problems than it solves.
Your post makes a lot of sense. I agree, and we can't solve all of the worlds problems. We can be feared and respected without having to play big brother to everybody else. The only time I think action needs to be swift and quick is when we are attacked on our soil or there is a real threat of an attack. I would also back our allies, but allies change as quickly as a man with explosive diarrhea changes his underpants.
post #63 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 02:59 PM
Pawsitively sexy

Well, sounds like we are going to strike Syria...

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 03:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
It did appear that way at the start of the speech but it looks like it's going to a vote in Congress! Then we will see what happens from there. Some people talk about "the constitution and congressional approval" and it seems as if in away this is the route this he going to take for now. I guess we will all see what happens after the debate in congress, the vote.

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #65 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 03:39 PM
I love to skydive

So... Um.... How are we going to pay for this?

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #66 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 05:54 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr4456 View Post
Add it to our tab, just like the rest of it. Then we just sneak out the bathroom window when its time to pay. Pffttt I mean obviously..
post #67 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
dirt/street Motorsports

looks like Obama may be cooling down a bit and checking him self.......good that shit was getting scary for a moment!

90 5.0 lx 5 speed. Project Classic 5.0 - BBK CAI, BBK longtubes , GT40 heads, 24 lb injectors , Edelbrock intake.
post #68 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 06:45 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpwr07 View Post
This isn't the situation, but what if a country unleashed a small scale nuclear device on their people. Would we stand by?

Countries shouldn't use certain weapons, such as chemical, against their own people. I'm not saying we should go to war, or we even have anything to gain, but there has to be some sort of line we don't let people cross without repercussion.
Use of unconventional weapons such as nuclear, chemical, or biological calls for swift and emidaite action. We cannot stand by while another government is researching and developing unconventional weaponry. We cannot risk them harboring those kind of weapons, it needs to be stop before the can mass a serious arsenal, and stage future attacks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #69 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 06:54 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPN View Post
Use of unconventional weapons such as nuclear, chemical, or biological calls for swift and emidaite action. We cannot stand by while another government is researching and developing unconventional weaponry. We cannot risk them harboring those kind of weapons, it needs to be stop before the can mass a serious arsenal, and stage future attacks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
While I obviously have no proof, I can pretty much guarantee that nearly every government that has the money to do so is researching all of these. Why? Same reason as the cold war, nobody wants to have less stuff to kill the world with than the other guy. Who gave us the Planet Earth Sheriffs badge? If nobody else wants to help then why should we stick our necks out alone?
post #70 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
dirt/street Motorsports

SYRIA claming victory over the U.S ,And claim the U.S is a joke. those stupid fuckers are so damn crazy.

90 5.0 lx 5 speed. Project Classic 5.0 - BBK CAI, BBK longtubes , GT40 heads, 24 lb injectors , Edelbrock intake.
post #71 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 08:43 PM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr4456 View Post
Easy! They'll just print more!

Just sit back and watch as your dollar is worth less (and your work since you get paid in dollars).

2010 CGM Camaro 2SS RS 6L90
Stage II ProCharger D1X
760rwhp @ 14 PSI

post #72 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 08:52 PM
'Murica

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom vrooooom View Post
SYRIA claming victory over the U.S ,And claim the U.S is a joke. those stupid fuckers are so damn crazy.
Lets just fly a few of these over, and I'm sure they will change their tune

(Thought the top one was a bomber but now I'm not sure)...and maybe one or two of these as well.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
post #73 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 09:56 PM

We could probably make a Modded Mustangs roadtrip to Syria and clean them up like you would clean up a batch of two ball compound from your girls chest.
post #74 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 10:11 PM
I love to skydive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Easy! They'll just print more!

Just sit back and watch as your dollar is worth less (and your work since you get paid in dollars).
yeah seriously. Wouldn't surprise
Me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #75 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 10:28 PM
The Boss is in

Quote:

Reps. I completely agree
post #76 of 279 Old August 31st, 2013, 10:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:

From the looks of things now it looks like Congress will have to take all of that into heavy consideration before they debate about it and make the vote and send that decision to the President. He seems to somewhat have his mind made up based off that speech he made today.

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #77 of 279 Old September 1st, 2013, 10:48 AM
MM Fanatic

I like what is happening now. Looks like it go's to vote the way it should be. Let the representatives we voted in represent our feeling on this. WRITE TO THEM before the vote.

Im not seeing this get passed now. Time is on the side of the US.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
post #78 of 279 Old September 1st, 2013, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
dirt/street Motorsports

yea but i think Obama is REALLY PISSED OFF from the sound of his speech yesterday ,and dont give a damn about what congress has to say.And is going to bomb Syria. He is in a such a hard spot.

post #79 of 279 Old September 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM
MM Fanatic

I like when the President says that he will allow for a vote. but the truth is, he doesnt have to. Even if they vote no, he still can place the order right? Is this all about giving an impression that he will allow the American people decide?

My entire opinion as this started was based on the fact that Syria broke international law by using chemical weapons. I felt that they should be "spanked" for their bad behavior and maybe to make them rethink using them again. But the more I learn, the more my opinion changes. We did this some many time in the past and whoever was in charge of the stupid country that did it, didnt learn shit and did it again. So whats the point of doing it knowing historically, it never taught anyone a lesson or changed their ways?

Maybe cruise missles isnt the answer. When the only countries that are siding with us are turkey and France, maybe we need to rethink everything.

Isnt there something we can do like lock up their money internationally or something? Is there anything else that can be done to punish them besides bombing?

I know this, Im glad its taking time. Every satellite in the sky and intel on the ground is watching everything. He cant hide shit. Also, it isnt like he can move a command center or fixed radar site which would be the best targets anyway. They are in a nasty civil war and dont have the resources, abiity or time to hide anything. I think its good that we are waiting and taking it slow. Any military action will not be to help one side or the other anyway, its to punish. I think the worse thing now (I can see it happening) is in the next week the dumb ass uses chemicals yet again basically thumbing his nose at us and our legal processes. If that happens, everything may go out the window.

As far as Russia...I can't believe Im saying it but Putin knows too that he has very little interest in anything in Syria. He is only chest thumping. I dont think Russia will retaliate in anyway. Russia needs the US right now more than Syria.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
post #80 of 279 Old September 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom vrooooom View Post

IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page