IRS mess - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old September 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

IRS mess

Long story short, my brother in law who is 24 called the other day and asked me to look at his taxes. He said he got a certified letter stating he owes $740 from a tax year 6 years ago. I went to see him today and look at this letter.

This shit is nuts. He got a credit card when he was 18 and didnt pay it. Whatever, should have paid it but I know what happened to him personally at the end of that year which I dont care to discuss nor does it really matter. Point is he let the account go to collections. He hasnt heard anything of it until last week when he gets this letter from the IRS. It states that since he didnt pay the credit card off, they are charging him as if it was "unreported income" with all the fines and fee's one would expect.

6 fucking years later the IRS is taxing him on a privately held bad debt. IMO, this is some of the US Governments fucking business. To make it more aggravating, they are charging tax on the entire amount charged off. His actual credit line was only a fraction of the debt because the credit card company basically doubled the amount with fees and late charges. How the fuck does the IRS figure that a " late charge and fee" creates income that should be taxed.

The stupid assholes wonder why people hate them and go ape shit. I have no problem with someone being asked to pay a fair share but this is plain evil. After 6 years just toss this shit at someone. Screw the IRS and all their partying stupid asses. They need my brothers few bucks to have another party. Bunch of asshole no it all nerds.

Meanwhile...until he can take time out of work to go hire and accountant and square it away...then save money to pay it...the late fee keeps piling up.

I am starting to think it is pointless to try and get ahead in this country. Better off not working at all and being PAID to sit on your ass and not worry about getting screwed by others.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old September 12th, 2013, 07:26 PM
The Boss is in

The IRS is a friken mess! I cannot stand the IRS and how they dont even have their own shit together, yet the have the authority to really screw up your life if they want to.

That said. I still owe the state 20 bucks for state taxes. I would send them a Jackson, however they never even told me where to send the money to. So what do I do? Scrawl "Michigan" in crayon on an envelope with a 20 in it, throw a stamp on it and drop it in the mail box?

If you want your money, at least tell me where to fucking send it!
post #3 of 15 Old September 12th, 2013, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
The IRS is a friken mess! I cannot stand the IRS and how they dont even have their own shit together, yet the have the authority to really screw up your life if they want to.

That said. I still owe the state 20 bucks for state taxes. I would send them a Jackson, however they never even told me where to send the money to. So what do I do? Scrawl "Michigan" in crayon on an envelope with a 20 in it, throw a stamp on it and drop it in the mail box?

If you want your money, at least tell me where to fucking send it!
lol. Arrogance! Thats the way I see it.

I owed city tax to Toledo a very long time ago. I called to set up arrangements or something. After a 10 minute conversation with this lady about the city, the mayor etc, hse literally "destroyed" the record containing the info that I owed. she said "dont worry, its gone forever". I never heard anything about the bill again. I guess today its probably not so easy for them to act like that. Either way, its really unfair...why could someone delete what I owed and yet someone else had to pay? Its so fucked up. It was like $400.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old September 12th, 2013, 09:07 PM
The Boss is in

Oh wow. Thats more than 20 bucks lol.

I dont understand it either man. What really gets me is that Apple was found to have not paid hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes they owed the government. And thats just one of the big players that have not paid their dues are are behind MILLIONS! The IRS does NOTHING. Yet when someone falls behind on paying taxes that owns a small family business that makes just enough for their family to get by they will take them for everything they own, garnish their wages and have them living in rags if thats what it takes to get them to pay that 10 grand that they owe.

Its crazy how there can be such a large double standard.
post #5 of 15 Old September 12th, 2013, 09:16 PM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

Looks like it is taxable.

For instance, you have a $1,000 CC bill and pay $400 in a settlement of the debt. The IRS considers the $600 income now.

Publication 4681 (2012), Canceled Debts, Foreclosures, Repossessions, and Abandonments

2010 CGM Camaro 2SS RS 6L90
Stage II ProCharger D1X
760rwhp @ 14 PSI

post #6 of 15 Old September 12th, 2013, 09:32 PM
The Hammer

i always wind up owing them some money at the end of the year.... last year i let it go unchecked and they nailed my credit report for 220.... paid that shit instantly when i saw it....

i still owe them 6 hundred and change from 2012... need to call them and tell them they'll get there money in like 4 months.....

IRS charges like 4% interest compared to some of my credit cards that are in the 11 or plus %

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I would eat the peanuts out of her shit

Car Salesman Club - The Hammer
ModdedMustangs Conspiracy Group: President
post #7 of 15 Old September 12th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Skirt Chasing Philanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.T. Rags View Post
i always wind up owing them some money at the end of the year.... last year i let it go unchecked and they nailed my credit report for 220.... paid that shit instantly when i saw it....

i still owe them 6 hundred and change from 2012... need to call them and tell them they'll get there money in like 4 months.....

IRS charges like 4% interest compared to some of my credit cards that are in the 11 or plus %
Owing isn't a bad thing at all. I set it up so I owe every year at tax time. I do this so I can keep my money throughout the year and invested so I make interest on it instead of overpaying out of each paycheck and letting the government.
post #8 of 15 Old September 13th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RápidoZorro View Post
Owing isn't a bad thing at all. I set it up so I owe every year at tax time. I do this so I can keep my money throughout the year and invested so I make interest on it instead of overpaying out of each paycheck and letting the government.
Exactly right. I just put away what I know I'll need for taxes as the year goes on.
post #9 of 15 Old September 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Im just boggled by the fact that they consider a "late fee" taxable income. A late fee is never cash in hand...you cant "spend" a late fee. What lobbyist got into the pockets of the law makers?

post #10 of 15 Old September 13th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 cents View Post
Im just boggled by the fact that they consider a "late fee" taxable income. A late fee is never cash in hand...you cant "spend" a late fee. What lobbyist got into the pockets of the law makers?
Confess, your brother is a tea bagger, and the unpaid credit charges were for "Hope and Change" bumper stickers.....
post #11 of 15 Old September 13th, 2013, 05:21 PM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by p23w View Post
Confess, your brother is a tea bagger, and the unpaid credit charges were for "Hope and Change" bumper stickers.....

Stage II ProCharger D1X
760rwhp @ 14 PSI

post #12 of 15 Old September 13th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Pawsitively sexy

If everyone had to pay a set flat tax based off of their year end income, there would be no need for the IRS to be the size that it is... Thus saving money. Weird.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #13 of 15 Old September 13th, 2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by p23w View Post
I dont know his political stance (doubt the boy has one) but what I do know is he is a pot smokin hiippe....but at least he is functioning and works every day. he's not a trouble maker for the most part. Id rather see him smoking pot because when he drinks hes an asshole.

post #14 of 15 Old September 13th, 2013, 11:40 PM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFoxwell View Post
If everyone had to pay a set flat tax based off of their year end income, there would be no need for the IRS to be the size that it is... Thus saving money. Weird.
I wish no taxes were paid until the end of each tax year so people would see just how much of their earnings go to taxes.

The way they pick it out of your check now each payday and as you buy items makes you kind of blind to just how much they're getting from your labor.

I like how this guy paid his property taxes.

Stage II ProCharger D1X
760rwhp @ 14 PSI

post #15 of 15 Old September 14th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I wish no taxes were paid until the end of each tax year so people would see just how much of their earnings go to taxes.

The way they pick it out of your check now each payday and as you buy items makes you kind of blind to just how much they're getting from your labor.

I like how this guy paid his property taxes.

PA Man Pays Property Taxes in $7143 One Dollar Bills - YouTube
Win.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page