Phil Robertson banned from his own show - Page 5 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 201 Old December 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Disturbin' The Peace
 
4.6DreameR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Round Rock / San Marcos
Posts: 4,121
             
iTrader: 10 reviews
Phil had every right to share his opinion, and A&E had every right to remove Phil.

I don't like that they removed him because his opinion can be seen as insensitive by a group of people.
I really don't like that people are not allowed to have an opinion that goes against the "progressive" view point. And then those people claim they are tolerant.....

2002 Lightning
2003 Mustang GT-Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by L
In the 21st century, information is power, to where any human being can learn how to do anything with the touch of a button. With that the most powerful thing a person can do is share ideas and information.
4.6DreameR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 201 Old December 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Hans Sprungfeld
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,759
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanutcase View Post
Why the fuck are all you people from both sides of the argument so up in arms?

John
Language, John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
I don't like that they removed him because his opinion can be seen as insensitive by a group of people.
I really don't like that people are not allowed to have an opinion that goes against the "progressive" view point. And then those people claim they are tolerant.....
Your intolerance will not be tolerated.

Especially you people with lactose intolerance. Why can't you just accept lactose? Why do you have to shun it? Bunch of bigots.
WickedSnake00 is offline  
post #83 of 201 Old December 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Disturbin' The Peace
 
4.6DreameR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Round Rock / San Marcos
Posts: 4,121
             
iTrader: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
Your intolerance will not be tolerated.

Especially you people with lactose intolerance. Why can't you just accept lactose? Why do you have to shun it? Bunch of bigots.
Thats funny because I am lactose intolerant.

2002 Lightning
2003 Mustang GT-Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by L
In the 21st century, information is power, to where any human being can learn how to do anything with the touch of a button. With that the most powerful thing a person can do is share ideas and information.
4.6DreameR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #84 of 201 Old December 21st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,561
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
Thats funny because I am lactose intolerant.
Call it lactose AND TOLERANT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
post #85 of 201 Old December 21st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,806
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
Phil had every right to share his opinion, and A&E had every right to remove Phil.

I don't like that they removed him because his opinion can be seen as insensitive by a group of people.
I really don't like that people are not allowed to have an opinion that goes against the "progressive" view point. And then those people claim they are tolerant.....
It's all part of the politically correct movement. God forbid someone's feelings get hurt, the world is going to end.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #86 of 201 Old December 21st, 2013, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
That Regular Guy
 
TerminalIntelligence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 10,393
Blog Entries: 1
             
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
It's all part of the politically correct movement. God forbid someone's feelings get hurt, the world is going to end.
It's because you can sue and get money for it. Where are the times when people would get punched and hug or shake hands about it later?


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
I would hit it like the fist of an angry God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton View Post
just wasted my whole night on this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
Wait till you waste your entire life on this forum...

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
TerminalIntelligence is offline  
post #87 of 201 Old December 21st, 2013, 03:52 PM
2002 Mustang Gt
 
RubyRed5.OH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,024
   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalIntelligence View Post
It's because you can sue and get money for it. Where are the times when people would get punched and hug or shake hands about it later?


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
In the past

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

4.6 Al Block swap from 05 Mountaineer w/Mac Lts. O/R X & Maganpacks
RubyRed5.OH is offline  
post #88 of 201 Old December 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
One who truly loves is open minded. By Mr. Robertson clearly drawing a line in the sand, I think he closed the door on respect and acceptance for a homosexual male or female. Do you think Mr. Robertson has ever enjoyed watching pornography with two lesbians having a scissor fight? I bet he has. He has probably even crushed himself to it.

Mr. Robertson believes what he believes. That is his right to feel that way, and his right to express his feelings. However, if he is going to feel that way, then be a man about it, don't try to twist in a passage about how the Lord has taught him to accept everybody, and we should all love each other. I will tell you straight up, I don't like alcoholics, skinners, rapists, thieves, drug addicts. I'm not going to pipe up my opinion in depth on them, I just stay away from them. Mr. Robertson would have been better served to do the same, especially in this day and age. The majority of people who are not 55-60 years old don't really give a sh%t if somebody is homosexual. It's not a big deal.

In my opinion there is no "correct" approach to what arouses you. As long as it's not against the law(child molestation, child pornography etc), do whatever makes you happy. Homosexuals have nothing to be ashamed about, scripture or not, right or wrong in the eyes of God. You would be amazed how many of your friends, co workers, family members have sexual skeletons in their closets.

Corey I don't have to write another long post beyond this one, and I wish I had seen your posts in this thread first because I wouldn't have had to bother writing that one but I already did. lol. You said pretty much everything I wanted to say. Glad to see there are people in this world who understand it's not supposed to be that complicated to live together with tolerance and understanding. That it's possible to believe in your religion and have faith and get beyond the ancient things in the bible that do nothing but hold man back from progression and tolerance, from ultimately a better society.




TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #89 of 201 Old December 23rd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Regular
 
2001MineralGreyGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 386
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Corey I don't have to write another long post beyond this one, and I wish I had seen your posts in this thread first because I wouldn't have had to bother writing that one but I already did. lol. You said pretty much everything I wanted to say. Glad to see there are people in this world who understand it's not supposed to be that complicated to live together with tolerance and understanding. That it's possible to believe in your religion and have faith and get beyond the ancient things in the bible that do nothing but hold man back from progression and tolerance, from ultimately a better society.

Your long winded post amounted to nothing more than your opinion. When, you are ready to provide a rational and logical argument for your "OPINION", then we can discuss this issue.

I could very easily post a long winded post that negates all your assertions with as much argument as you provided, namely none. But to what avail?

See the thread "Conservatives are wron about common core issues for an example of what is meant by the term 'argument'.

A claim or conclusion, AND the reasons on which this conclusion is based.
2001MineralGreyGt is offline  
post #90 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 03:17 AM
MM's Caller of Bullshit
 
Destination S197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 7,909
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001MineralGreyGt View Post
Your long winded post amounted to nothing more than your opinion. When, you are ready to provide a rational and logical argument for your "OPINION", then we can discuss this issue.

I could very easily post a long winded post that negates all your assertions with as much argument as you provided, namely none. But to what avail?

See the thread "Conservatives are wron about common core issues for an example of what is meant by the term 'argument'.

A claim or conclusion, AND the reasons on which this conclusion is based.
EVERYTHING that you've brought to the table in that thread has been your opinion.
Destination S197 is offline  
post #91 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001MineralGreyGt View Post
Your long winded post amounted to nothing more than your opinion. When, you are ready to provide a rational and logical argument for your "OPINION", then we can discuss this issue.

I could very easily post a long winded post that negates all your assertions with as much argument as you provided, namely none. But to what avail?

See the thread "Conservatives are wron about common core issues for an example of what is meant by the term 'argument'.

A claim or conclusion, AND the reasons on which this conclusion is based.
My argument could not have been more logical or rational. You think it's illogical and irrational to be FOR tolerance? Laughable. What Phil Robertson said is idiotic, primitive, and insulting. There is no other way to see it. It's your attitudes that are irrational and illogical.

Frankly, I'm not getting into this with you considering your tone and attitude. You disagree with me. So be it.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #92 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,806
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
I still don't understand how anyone is surprised that a traditional southern family from Louisiana prefers vagina over anus. The thing is that Phil never really bashed gays at all with what he said. He never said he was against same-sex marriage. He even stated that he loves all human beings first and foremost and gave his preference that he prefers vagina. What's the big deal? My preference is vagina too. Obama's preference is vagina evidently. What's the big f'ing deal?

Criticizing others for being "intolerant" is being intolerant. Some people need to really wake up and understand that. To some people, tolerance seems to mean accepting your way or the highway for some reason. If the LGBT was truly tolerant, a simple response of "That's great for him. Power to him" and move right on.

The LGBT community is not winning over anybody by attacking everyone who has a different view than them. I was sympathetic with them a few years ago when this whole issue started to get big but crap like this makes me care less and less for them.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
My argument could not have been more logical or rational. You think it's illogical and irrational to be FOR tolerance? Laughable. What Phil Robertson said is idiotic, primitive, and insulting. There is no other way to see it. It's your attitudes that are irrational and illogical.

Frankly, I'm not getting into this with you considering your tone and attitude. You disagree with me. So be it.
Ziip, I normally agree with you on here but I gotta ask... define the word "tolerance."

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #93 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
Ziip, I normally agree with you on here but I gotta ask... define the word "tolerance."
Nah.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #94 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,806
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
You said what Phil said is idiotic. What's idiotic about preferring vagina? What's idiotic about someone having their own view based on their religious practice? I wouldn't say the guy is much of an idiot considering his success with the family business. He obviously has some smarts to him.

According to websters dictionary...

Tolerance - willingness to accept feelings, habits, or beliefs that are different from your own.

Please provide me with a logical response of how the LGBT community wants "tolerance" because all I'm seeing is a group whining about and bashing someone for having a view different from their own, which is certainly not the definition of tolerance.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #95 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
You said what Phil said is idiotic. What's idiotic about preferring vagina? What's idiotic about someone having their own view based on their religious practice? I wouldn't say the guy is much of an idiot considering his success with the family business. He obviously has some smarts to him.

According to websters dictionary...

Tolerance - willingness to accept feelings, habits, or beliefs that are different from your own.

Please provide me with a logical response of how the LGBT community wants "tolerance" because all I'm seeing is a group whining about and bashing someone for having a view different from their own, which is certainly not the definition of tolerance.
Ok.

Not getting into defining tolerance, brother. And this will be my last reply on this, because it's Christmas time, and I swear I'm not that offended or worked up about this story. We're just shooting the shit about a news story that everyone is debating. So I'm not being an asshole here, I mean I'm not trying to sound terse or be crass when I replied 'nah'.

I think it's ridiculous to have to define certain things, and for my money that's partly how common sense and what should be truly right goes out the window when we start getting into things like 'define tolerance'.

If you believe in those portions of theology that Robertson is referencing, RDY, and/or if you agree with him personally, and forget the sentiment about 'preferring vagina', because that's not the idiotic bit... but if you're in agreement with the words in the bible and with Robertson about homosexuality being a sin, then we can't argue this, as you will forever disagree with me, and we will simply go in circles, and I will not sit here and define tolerance.

So if you agree that it's a sin and an abomination, if you agree with classifying homosexuals in with bestiality, the greedy, drunkards, swindlers, if you agree with this:
"Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions. They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

then we have nothing to sort out. We will never agree. Phil Robertson's views and beliefs on this are idiotic, primitive, and insulting. These types of ideologies have led to nothing but division, pain, and oppression on this planet.

Clarity: I am not accusing Phil Robertson of being Hitler. I am not saying Phil Robertson has evil in his heart or malice in his thoughts. I wish him no ill will or hate. There are levels to everything. I am not supremely offended by what Phil Robertson said. But what he said is utterly primitive and idiotic. Do not take this down to "He said he prefers vagina, and this is just an opinion." It is absolutely not about that.

Frankly, it's sad to me that there is this much division on this and that people don't see the primitive baseless insulting rhetoric that is involved in what he believes.

Support his right to believe that? yup. Support his right to say that? yup. But if a bunch of people who feel like me realize how dumb what you just said is, then guess what. There might come consequences to what you said. You, RDY, and all the people who agree with you, will of course disagree. But if you talk like an asshole you can't be surprised when you get treated like one, which in this case, would be him getting suspended by A&E. That is not an infringement of his rights. Any company has the right to THEIR beliefs and opinions on tolerance, and while you might disagree with that just as you disagree with me, that is their right. They have a right to want to be portrayed and represented in a certain manner, just as my company expects of me. And just like Robertson, if I espoused certain rhetoric that went against those expectations, I would be disciplined up to and including termination. That's not an infringement of my right to free speech. Not even close. That's an employer acting within their rights.

Thank fuck there are people out there who don't have a problem with acceptance and tolerance. Just because you have an opinion, RDY, doesn't mean everyone is going to agree with it, especially if that 'opinion' is steeped in primitive beliefs and insulting classifications of your fellow human beings. Thank fuck there are people who understand that it's ridiculous to say things like "Well if gay people have a right to be together, then Phil Robertson should have a right to say what he wants!".. that is utterly insulting and laughable if you feel that way. Why? Because those two things are not on the same planet.

Ok. Yes, Robertson has a right to say that. But gay people loving each other isn't an offense or a hatred towards anyone. Rhetoric like what Robertson spews out is. So while I support Robertson or anyone's right to speak their mind, even if their views are twisted and primitive... when you spit that shit out you have to accept it might come with reactions and consequences. Two people loving one another should have zero reactions and consequences. When the hell are people going to understand that the world is only going to become a better place when we realize that we have to stop being concerned with 2 men or 2 women loving each other, that this is not a threat to what you do, to what you think, to how you live, or to what you believe. One may say it is their opinion that it IS, but... that is where the never ending circle of arguing happens, which is where I step out. Because my brain does not operate on that level, where I am offended or in disagreement in any way shape or form with homosexuality.

Let's be clear: Fellow human beings who's 'sin' or 'offense' is to happen to love another human being of the same sex.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #96 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Assistant to the Manager
 
Smoothgrandmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Willis,Texas
Posts: 8,731
             
iTrader: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smoothgrandmama Send a message via Yahoo to Smoothgrandmama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
My argument could not have been more logical or rational. You think it's illogical and irrational to be FOR tolerance? Laughable. What Phil Robertson said is idiotic, primitive, and insulting. There is no other way to see it. It's your attitudes that are irrational and illogical.

Frankly, I'm not getting into this with you considering your tone and attitude. You disagree with me. So be it.


That you believe your argument could not be more logical or rational, is your opinion.

That you believe what phil said is idiotic primitive and insulting, is your opinion.

That you believe that any attitude that opposes what you believe are then irrational and illogical, is hypocritical.


Join The MM Facebook:
Modded Mustangs Facebook

Vote For Modded Mustangs Ride of the Month

Eskimo Brothers To Smooth: Safi, Blitz34, Graystang01, WillTheThrill, Bwal, 101Fng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama View Post
Procrastinators unite!..............Tomorrow.
Smoothgrandmama is offline  
post #97 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama View Post
That you believe your argument could not be more logical or rational, is your opinion.

That you believe what phil said is idiotic primitive and insulting, is your opinion.

That you believe that any attitude that opposes what you believe are then irrational and illogical, is hypocritical.
Yeah ok Joshua. That's not what I said. Don't put words in my mouth. You may have interpreted it that way for whatever reasons, which is fine, but that's not what I inferred. Not even close.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #98 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Assistant to the Manager
 
Smoothgrandmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Willis,Texas
Posts: 8,731
             
iTrader: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smoothgrandmama Send a message via Yahoo to Smoothgrandmama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Yeah ok Joshua. That's not what I said. Don't put words in my mouth. You may have interpreted it that way for whatever reasons, which is fine, but that's not what I inferred. Not even close.
On this subject in the quotes posted im not sure it could construed any other way.


Join The MM Facebook:
Modded Mustangs Facebook

Vote For Modded Mustangs Ride of the Month

Eskimo Brothers To Smooth: Safi, Blitz34, Graystang01, WillTheThrill, Bwal, 101Fng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama View Post
Procrastinators unite!..............Tomorrow.
Smoothgrandmama is offline  
post #99 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama View Post
On this subject in the quotes post im sure it could construed any other way.
Yup ok Josh. Sorry you feel that way.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #100 of 201 Old December 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,806
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
I do not think homosexuality is a sin, though I do think it's not natural human behavior. I am in favor of same-sex marriage because I feel noone should be denied that right to civil union, regardless of sexual preference.

I follow the bible but not religiously (if that makes any sense...). I take the good it states like don't commit murder, don't commit adultery, treat others how you would want to be treated, and use it as more of a guide to living a good life. I'm not even that sure if I believe in god. If there is a higher power, it will be far beyond what any of us could hope to understand in our lifetime so I'm not that worried about it. For all I know, that higher power could just be karma that flows through us all.

In regards to Phil comparing homosexuality to bestiality and swindlers, here's where a cultural difference comes in to play. Like most true southern Christians, the Robertsons do not believe in different levels of sin. It is all sin regardless of it's severity. Phil's statement is simply stating that homosexuality is sinning like bestiality, swindling, and excessive drinking is sin. Having grown up in this society, that's very easy for me to understand and is what came to my mind right away upon first reading his statement. The whole literal comparison note puzzled me at first but I get how that can be derived.

I have no problem with acceptance and tolerance. I'm all for it. I just feel it's a 2-way street. If you want Christians with a very deep and historical root in their beliefs to accept your lifestyle, you need to be willing to accept theirs as well. If his belief is that your lifestyle is a sin, that's not your belief, we have freedom of religion in this country, so my response to the people blowing this out of proportion is GET OVER IT!!! If they were truly accepting and tolerant, this would've never gotten blown out of proportion.

Zip, I completely agree with a lot of what you said above but I cannot agree on the acceptance and tolerance. That's a two way street that the LGBT community is trying to block off one lane and make one way only. That's the only thing that has me fired up over this cause otherwise, I really don't care about homosexual issues at all. It's the blatant hypocrisy that drives me nuts.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome