ISIS beheaded U.S. Journalist - Page 6 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 207 Old September 2nd, 2014, 07:47 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Sotloff was beheaded by the same man as Foley and he prefaced by saying, "Obama I'm Back". Let's get this shit done, now.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

We have guys on here, American citizens who say it was Foley's fault that he was executed because of his profession and going to dangerous areas to report. These are the opinions of some Americans in regards to their fellow American having his head cut off.

Some people get it.........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 207 Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:09 PM
MM Fanatic

What the hell is wrong with this guy? Taunting Obama and the us military? Obama May be weak but the joint chiefs and advisors can't be. Poke a sleeping bear with a stick....Isis is proving they are fucking morons on top of being brutal evil scum.

As I stated before weeks ago...carpet bombing is so effective.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
post #103 of 207 Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 cents View Post
What the hell is wrong with this guy? Taunting Obama and the us military? Obama May be weak but the joint chiefs and advisors can't be. Poke a sleeping bear with a stick....Isis is proving they are fucking morons on top of being brutal evil scum.

As I stated before weeks ago...carpet bombing is so effective.
I say we secretly put together a broad coalition, surround them so they can't escape, infect them with Ebola and watch them die a slow painful death. Essentially quarantine them from the rest of the world. As all of that is happening we accelerate the manufacture of the vaccine that is working and have it at the ready in case any of ours or our allies gets infected.

John

SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 207 Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanutcase View Post
I say we secretly put together a broad coalition, surround them so they can't escape, infect them with Ebola and watch them die a slow painful death. Essentially quarantine them from the rest of the world. As all of that is happening we accelerate the manufacture of the vaccine that is working and have it at the ready in case any of ours or our allies gets infected.

John
ISIS is experimenting with Chemical Weapons to infect us with the Bubonic Plague.
post #105 of 207 Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:01 PM
gtscrewd

Just got back from a meeting at work,in no round about chatter ,Was this beheading even brought up in conversation am I the only one troubled by this out of 50 other guys??? Are be headings just the fucking daily news now. Wtf with this

tuned by performance dyno 496 rwhp 432 rwtq
July 2013 rotm winner
post #106 of 207 Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:06 PM
'Murica

Garage
I'm just wondering if Obama cares. I don't think he does, which is sad. He doesn't have a foreign policy, just wants to be the opposite of Bush. If America gets gets hit and we don't act, I'm ready for him to get voted out.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
post #107 of 207 Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:14 PM
gtscrewd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpwr07 View Post
I'm just wondering if Obama cares. I don't think he does, which is sad. He doesn't have a foreign policy, just wants to be the opposite of Bush. If America gets gets hit and we don't act, I'm ready for him to get voted out.
I've been ready for that since he was voted in....we need a president with some balls Obama has turned out to be a piece of shit IMO. FYI Obama lovers I said IMO before you all go Obama shit here

tuned by performance dyno 496 rwhp 432 rwtq
July 2013 rotm winner
post #108 of 207 Old September 2nd, 2014, 10:17 PM

post #109 of 207 Old September 2nd, 2014, 11:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo2stang View Post
How much do you think of Obama being Muslim affects the way he handles this. Ie, a couple rocket attacks that do no good vs an actual air assult that they can actually feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpwr07 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by faym 08 View Post
I've been ready for that since he was voted in....we need a president with some balls Obama has turned out to be a piece of shit IMO. FYI Obama lovers I said IMO before you all go Obama shit here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post

Quite a bit of flame throwing and some heavy opinions. Since this isn't a one man band and if we do act we would all be in this together being the military, supporting families and friends America in a nutshell with those strong opinions what do you propose America should do in reaction to this act or these two acts? It seems kinda obvious what the enemy wants us to do.

So the President being a Muslim in short by that one post makes him a sympathizer with the Muslim terrorist. On the other hand ppl wonder if he even cares that an American got their head chopped off. He just wants to be the opposite of Bush not to mention the drone warfare and how that was increased quite a bit vs the last admin. People on the left even complained about it. Over time he has been labeled a lawless, dictator, imperial President etc... Now the man lacks balls wtf that fat guy sure is light weight. Damned if you do......

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #110 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 03:34 AM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

We had the leader of ISIS in prison in 2009 and the idiots released him. Makes me wonder what will happen as a result of the trade for Bergdahl because you know these terrorists will get back in the fight.

Quote:
ISIS Leader: ‘See You in New York’

When Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi walked away from a U.S. detention camp in 2009, the future leader of ISIS issued some chilling final words to reservists from Long Island.
The Islamist extremist some are now calling the most dangerous man in the world had a few parting words to his captors as he was released from the biggest U.S. detention camp in Iraq in 2009.

“He said, ‘I’ll see you guys in New York,’” recalls Army Col. Kenneth King, then the commanding officer of Camp Bucca.

King didn’t take these words from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as a threat. Al-Baghdadi knew that many of his captors were from New York, reservists with the 306 Military Police Battalion, a unit based on Long Island that includes numerous numerous members of the NYPD and the FDNY. The camp itself was named after FDNY Fire Marshal Ronald Bucca, who was killed at the World Trade Center in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

King figured that al-Baghdadi was just saying that he had known all along that it was all essentially a joke, that he had only to wait and he would be freed to go back to what he had been doing.

“Like, ‘This is no big thing, I’ll see you on the block,’” King says.

King had not imagined that in less that five years he would be seeing news reports that al-Baghdadi was the leader of ISIS, the ultra-extremist army that was sweeping through Iraq toward Baghdad.

“I’m not surprised that it was someone who spent time in Bucca but I’m a little surprised it was him,” King says. “He was a bad dude, but he wasn’t the worst of the worst.”

King allows that along with being surprised he was frustrated on a very personal level.

“We spent how many missions and how many soldiers were put at risk when we caught this guy and we just released him,” King says.

During the four years that al-Baghdadi was in custody, there had been no way for the Americans to predict what a danger he would become. Al-Baghdadi hadn’t even been assigned to Compound 14, which was reserved for the most virulently extremist Sunnis.

“The worst of the worst were kept in one area,” King says. “I don’t recall him being in that group.”

Al-Baghdadi was also apparently not one of the extremists who presided over Sharia courts that sought to enforce fundamentalist Islamic law among their fellow prisoners. One extremist made himself known after the guards put TV sets outside the 16-foot chain-link fence that surrounded each compound. An American officer saw a big crowd form in front of one, but came back a short time later to see not a soul.

“Some guy came up and shooed them all away because TV was Western,” recalls the officer, who asked not to be named. “So we identified who that guy was, put a report in his file, kept him under observation for other behaviors.”

The officer says the guards kept constant watch for clues among the prisoners for coalescing groups and ascending leaders.

“You can tell when somebody is eliciting leadership skills, flag him, watch him further, how much leadership they’re excerpting and with whom,” the other officer says. “You have to constantly stay after it because it constantly changes, sometimes day by day.”

The guards would seek to disrupt the courts along with and any nascent organizations and hierarchies by moving inmates to different compounds, though keeping the Sunnis and the Shiites separate.

“The Bloods with the Bloods and the Crips with the Crips, that kind of thing,” King says.

The guards would then move the prisoners again and again. That would also keep the prisoners from spotting any possible weaknesses in security.

“The detainees have nothing but time,” King says. “They’re looking at patterns, they’re looking at routines, they’re looking for opportunities.”

As al-Baghdadi and the 26,000 other prisoners were learning the need for patience in studying the enemy, the guards would be constantly searching for homemade weapons fashioned from what the prisoners dug up, the camp having been built on a former junkyard.

“People think of a detainee operation, they think it’s a sleepy Hogan’s Heroes-type camp,” the other officer says. “And it’s nothing of the sort.”

Meanwhile, al-Baghdadi’s four years at Camp Bucca would have been a perpetual lesson in the importance of avoiding notice.

“A lot of times, the really bad guys tended to operate behind the scenes because they wanted to be invisible,” the other officer says.

King seemed confident that he and his guards with their New York street sense would have known if al-Baghdadi had in fact been prominent among the super-bad guys when he was at Camp Bucca.

King had every reason to think he had seen the last of al-Baghdadi in the late summer of 2009, when this seemingly unremarkable prisoner departed with a group of others on one of the C-17 cargo-plane flights that ferried them to a smaller facility near Baghdad. Camp Bucca closed not along afterward.

Al-Baghdadi clearly remembered some of the lessons of his time there. He has made no videos, unlike Osama bin Laden and many of the other extremist leaders. The news reports might not have had a photo of him at all were it not for the one taken by the Americans when he was first captured in 2005.

That is the face that King was so surprised to see this week as the man who had become the absolute worst of the worst, so bad that even al Qaeda had disowned him. The whole world was stunned as al-Baghdadi now told his enemies “I’ll see you in Baghdad.”
ISIS Leader: ?See You in New York? - The Daily Beast

2010 CGM Camaro 2SS RS 6L90
Stage II ProCharger D1X
760rwhp @ 14 PSI

post #111 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 07:49 AM
MM Fanatic

Boy, the Columbus dispatch must have had that cartoon on standby just waiting. 20 minutes after the beheading, this comes out? Couldnt they wait a day at least? No fucking grace man. I get the point but I just get sick of people trying to capitalize on shit in weird twisted ways. "I'll put this cartoon out with a golf club and teach the world that Obama plays golf like all the other Presidents and at the same time save the planet". Fucking douche bags.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
post #112 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 09:06 AM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 cents View Post
Boy, the Columbus dispatch must have had that cartoon on standby just waiting. 20 minutes after the beheading, this comes out? Couldnt they wait a day at least? No fucking grace man. I get the point but I just get sick of people trying to capitalize on shit in weird twisted ways. "I'll put this cartoon out with a golf club and teach the world that Obama plays golf like all the other Presidents and at the same time save the planet". Fucking douche bags.

Lighten up man. Every president gets shit like this. It's just politics as usual.

2010 CGM Camaro 2SS RS 6L90
Stage II ProCharger D1X
760rwhp @ 14 PSI

post #113 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:36 AM
The Boss is in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
That was directed at Corey and his particular work scenario.
I believe when you take the Oath to become to most powerful man in America, you assume the responsibilities that sometimes your vacation may be cut short. You going on vacation from your job in the civilian sector is not even close to comparable as the President going on vacation. He expects his Military to cut their leave short If they need them, or even worse, at the beginning they would get stop-loss and be forced to serve another tour instead of getting out. Because at that time they needed them. I think it's despicable that he expects his Military to cut their family time short, but he being the leader cannot be bothered.
post #114 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:08 PM
Pawsitively sexy

Aren't you the one mad that he isn't sending our military out? Hard to cry foul to the military when your calling for war.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #115 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:21 PM
The Boss is in

When did I say I'm mad he's not sending our Military out?

But once again in your typical fashion, you skirted around the question and redirected it in a completely different fashion. You'd make an awesome politician
post #116 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:37 PM
Pawsitively sexy

You effectively said Obama was a pussy for not dropping bombs and putting boots on the ground. One would assume that would be your plan of action.

I quit bothering with the argument because it's pointless. I go down the history of presidents on "vacation" during hard times, and you wouldn't care. Just like when I point out Bush took an insane amount of vacation, everyone ignores it. Why? Because this isn't about logical perspectives. The argument is that the president should show strength and concern? You hate Obama for however many number of reasons, and regardless of what he does, you'll probably complain. I've accepted that.

People on here say that a good president wouldn't do x action, I show you that x president (who is regarded as a great president) did the same thing. You say it has nothing to do with Obama. I laugh at the irony. I'm not here to try to change minds or put you on my side.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #117 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Where did any of us say carpet bombing was the answer? I said we basically need to grow a pair and quit fighting with these bull shit rules of engagement that help only the politicians and our enemies we are fighting. And that we need to actually go in and do work, instead of trying to win hearts and minds, when all those people do is surrender their weapons once ISIS comes to town anyway.

I don't know how you got so worked up about those statements that your blood is boiling, but whatever.

Would it stop them from recruiting new members? I think it would. The worst that will happen to them if we get them is we lock them up in prison and give them a trial. They know this. Start killing them and future recruits, especially foreign ones such as Americans joining, will no longer want to join. It's pretty bad how much shit we as Americans Let people get away with because we think everyone deserves a fair trial.
Quote:
So what about the tweets over the weekend released by ISIS. They tweeted pictures of someone holding a phone with the ISIS flag on it in Washington DC, and Chicago. They said something about how they were in our cities now.

Is this serious enough to get our do nothing president to act yet? Or is he actually going to have to wait until there is an attack on US soil. Or Heck, at that point he will probably handle it the way he did bengazi and the foot hood massacre. He shows all the time how he really just doesn't give a shit. And now even more people are being placed in danger.

He doesn't scare them, he's a joke in their eyes because he's such a pansy. They took that picture in Cicago because they Call it "Obama town", and would love to attack there because of it. What does Obama do during this? Continue his vacation of course.
Quote:
I just came in here to post that. I wonder if this will get our do nothing President to act now, or will he hit up the golf course again like he did the same day they decapitated Foley.
Quote:
I agree with all of that. Obama needs to show he is concerned about this and taking it seriously. Because he hasn't yet, he has openly said he has no plan on dealing with them, then he goes golfing. He's becoming so absent its sickening. People want answers, people want a game plan, and he's given none of it.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

No I do not. I don't have a purposed solution to deal with it right now. But then again I am not the President of the United Sates either. I am not the person that we elected to have a plan for things like this. The person that IS supposed to have the answers for things like this. Instead he has none, he even said he has no plan yet on TV last week.
Quote:
I believe when you take the Oath to become to most powerful man in America, you assume the responsibilities that sometimes your vacation may be cut short. You going on vacation from your job in the civilian sector is not even close to comparable as the President going on vacation. He expects his Military to cut their leave short If they need them, or even worse, at the beginning they would get stop-loss and be forced to serve another tour instead of getting out. Because at that time they needed them. I think it's despicable that he expects his Military to cut their family time short, but he being the leader cannot be bothered.
Quote:
When did I say I'm mad he's not sending our Military out?

But once again in your typical fashion, you skirted around the question and redirected it in a completely different fashion. You'd make an awesome politician
His ultimate power is being in the the top of the military. So what have you been getting at this entire time when you say that he needs to act? Propose a budget or jobs bill of some sort let's be realistic Derrick he is at the top of the Chain of Command of the military and you have repeated throughout this thread that he needs to act. So you may not be directly saying smething in a way but.....

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #118 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
Pawsitively sexy

Let me add, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff could come out and declare ISIS to not be a major threat to America, and you would say he's wrong(How do I know this? He came out and said it not even a few weeks ago).

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Not only did Ronald Reagan NOT cut his vacations short, he made sure to be caught out riding on horseback(his version of Obama playing golf). He was such a terrible leader, right?

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #119 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 05:14 PM
He of Long Wind

I think this is the risk that journalists take. And frankly, for the business of media ratings (and the subsequent sale of commercial air time, affiliate coverage, print ads, copy sales, distributor contracts, etc.) the more drama the better. I once watched Geraldo Rivera wade out into waist-deep surf so that he could give a more dramatic report on the approaching hurricane. During his bit, a wave knocked him down and his glasses came off and he dropped his microphone … and then he promptly capitalized on the situation by acting like HE WAS A STORM VICTIM. Icccckkk!

If you're a journalist and you deliberately go to places that are unsafe (disaster areas, war zones, forest fires, riots, places where people get their freakin' heads cut off, whatever …) it is no particular tragedy if you get hurt. Journalists are supposed to TELL the story, not be part of it. Of course, I pray for his family and hope that God gives them strength to deal with their grief, but this journalist accepted the risk of injury/death when he accepted the assignment. If it had turned out differently, where he narrowly escaped grave danger but got the story – it would have advanced his career. Chasing that kind of fame is risky. He knew it. He gambled. He lost. And it doesn't necessarily make him a victim.

BUILD THREAD

'84 Hatch, Bracket Car, [email protected], but I'm working on it
'71 Mach One FB 351c, Slow
'73 Torino, 302, Slower

~
post #120 of 207 Old September 3rd, 2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Kentucky View Post
I think this is the risk that journalists take. And frankly, for the business of media ratings (and the subsequent sale of commercial air time, affiliate coverage, print ads, copy sales, distributor contracts, etc.) the more drama the better. I once watched Geraldo Rivera wade out into waist-deep surf so that he could give a more dramatic report on the approaching hurricane. During his bit, a wave knocked him down and his glasses came off and he dropped his microphone … and then he promptly capitalized on the situation by acting like HE WAS A STORM VICTIM. Icccckkk!

If you're a journalist and you deliberately go to places that are unsafe (disaster areas, war zones, forest fires, riots, places where people get their freakin' heads cut off, whatever …) it is no particular tragedy if you get hurt. Journalists are supposed to TELL the story, not be part of it. Of course, I pray for his family and hope that God gives them strength to deal with their grief, but this journalist accepted the risk of injury/death when he accepted the assignment. If it had turned out differently, where he narrowly escaped grave danger but got the story – it would have advanced his career. Chasing that kind of fame is risky. He knew it. He gambled. He lost. And it doesn't necessarily make him a victim.
I'm not sure if I totally agree with your assessment but you bring up some very valid points. He knew the dangers that could befall him but he went anyways.

John

SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page