Donald Trump for President. What say you? - Page 46 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 921Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #901 of 2448 Old February 15th, 2016, 02:21 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
Trump likes pointing to the audience saying he wasn't allowed any seats and that the candidates on the stage are obligated to the special interest in the audience. As usual he either doesn't understand or is lying. For the South Carolina debate he received 100 seats just like the other candidates. I don't remember the exact number but that took up around half the seats. The other half was divided between state Republicans and national Republicans. The boos you hear are from not just the Republican officials but also from the 500 other seats that went to the 5 other candidates.

Despite that Trump still leads in the polls in South Carolina. The rebellion against the establishment Republicans is real. I understand this. I voted for Ross Perot is absolute frustration with the Republican party. At the time I couldn't tell the difference between a Republican and a Democrat. It has gotten that bad again but Trump is not the one to restore conservative values to the Republican party. He doesn't have them.

Ross Perot had a few issues, but he was a man who got shit done. You should read up on his history. He's a very interesting person.

We all should read up more on how Cruz's poison pill was put in to illustrate A) how stupid the conservatives were being in trying to allow the Democrats to buy votes with legalization of illegals and B) how the democrats were flat out buying votes by trying to legalize illegal aliens.

It's a very big deal, and Cruz is a great choice for president.

He isn't Anti democrat, he isn't pro republican. He's all about the constitution. The more I read, the more I like. He isn't too proud to work with the democrats when they're correct, he's not too proud to shut down the republicans or the democrats when they're in the wrong. And, he is smart enough to work together, instead of the huge division we have now.

He is NOT the establishment we have.
Eagle2000GT likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 2448 Old February 15th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Trump is stating that the seats are filled with lobbyists for the other candidates. He is self funding his campaign so obviously he will have nobody in the audience. He has made it clear he isn't working for lobbyist or the people in the crowd.

Trump doesn't need money, he can stand on his wallet and be taller than Shaq.
post #903 of 2448 Old February 15th, 2016, 07:19 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
Trump is stating that the seats are filled with lobbyists for the other candidates. He is self funding his campaign so obviously he will have nobody in the audience. He has made it clear he isn't working for lobbyist or the people in the crowd.

You are telling me that Trump has 100 tickets and because he is self funded he leaves them empty? I doubt that. He's going to give them to his family, friends, and campaign workers just like the other candidates are doing. And the only way the other seats are filled with lobbyists is if the Republican party state and federal officials, like Governor Nikki Haley and others, didn't attend.

Now if what Trump means is that the seats are filled with supporters of the other candidates then he is correct. Each of the other candidates received 100 tickets. I'm sure that they gave the tickets to family, friends, campaign officials and other supporters. That is at least 500 people who were against Trump.
Woodman likes this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 2448 Old February 15th, 2016, 07:52 PM

It has been documented in several places they are intentionally filling the audience at the debates with people who dislike Trump. Trump doesn't give a shit, his family and friends are with him out back or watching from elsewhere I'm sure.

The entire audience is full of a bunch of crooked pant load politicians, lobbyists, and special interest groups. Like I said before Trump doesn't need their support or votes. He is crushing the debates and the competition. The proof is in the pudding. The more people who boo in the audience just solidify how corrupt the establishment is.
post #905 of 2448 Old February 15th, 2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
It has been documented in several places they are intentionally filling the audience at the debates with people who dislike Trump. Trump doesn't give a shit, his family and friends are with him out back or watching from elsewhere I'm sure.

The entire audience is full of a bunch of crooked pant load politicians, lobbyists, and special interest groups. Like I said before Trump doesn't need their support or votes. He is crushing the debates and the competition. The proof is in the pudding. The more people who boo in the audience just solidify how corrupt the establishment is.
I'd love to see the documentation.....

John

SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
post #906 of 2448 Old February 15th, 2016, 09:33 PM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

@foxfive thisis for you bro...

2010 CGM Camaro 2SS RS 6L90
Stage II ProCharger D1X
760rwhp @ 14 PSI

post #907 of 2448 Old February 15th, 2016, 10:32 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:

Trump had the same 100 seats all the other candadates were given by the venue.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote:

That the establishment is corrupt goes without saying. Trump however is not telling the truth either.

Quote:
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #908 of 2448 Old February 15th, 2016, 10:48 PM

Something very peculiar happened at the Republican debate on Saturday night: When Donald Trump talked, the audience booed. Yet when Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and even John Kasich talked, they got loud cheers and applause.

This happened again and again. It even led a spike in Google searches for "Why are people booing?"

Pointing this out elicited even louder booing, to which Trump said "the reason they're not loving me is I don't want their money."

CHARLESTON, S.C. — About 1 a.m., long after the GOP presidential contenders had finally filed off the stage of the North Charleston Coliseum, the Republican National Committee’s post-debate party was still going strong.

Top party donors jammed into the ballroom of an upscale hotel in the city’s historic downtown, milling around a long buffet table piled with pulled-pork sandwiches, baby shrimp, macaroni and cheese, and ice cream sundaes. They buzzed about the sharp jousting between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, caught up on campaign gossip, and made plans to see one another at one of the upcoming forums in Iowa, New Hampshire or Florida.

The outsize spectacle of this primary season’s Republican debates has made the events hot-ticket items for wealthy donors, who are flocking to them as if they were political bowl games.

“It’s like Old Home Week,” said Ray Washburne, the national finance chair for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s campaign, who has been to all six GOP primary debates held so far. “Even though we’re all on different sides, it’s fun to meet up.”

Major fundraisers and top contributors fly in on private jets and gather in hotel suites before start time, marveling over the latest twists in the race. Once inside the venue, they snap selfies in front of the stage. They anxiously root for their favored candidates, swapping text messages with friends as the jabs fly back and forth.

“It’s the same thing as going to a football game,” said Foster Friess, the Wyoming-based financial investor who was among the heavy hitters in the audience for Thursday night’s debate in Charleston. “If you’re in the crowd, you can hear the cheers, unfiltered by microphones. The chemistry is so much more exciting.”

The crowded field of candidates — each with their own constellation of rich backers — has meant a heavier donor presence at the GOP forums than at the smaller Democratic ones, where Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.) repeatedly declares his independence from millionaires and billionaires.

The regular attendance by wealthy contributors is also due in part to the control that the RNC exerted over the primary debates this cycle. The national party doles out the tickets, unlike in past years when admittance was in the hands of the television networks and local parties hosting the forums.

The RNC allocates blocks of tickets to individual campaigns, volunteers and activists. But a chunk is also set aside for top money players such as Team 100 contributors, who have given the annual maximum of $33,400 to the party, according to people familiar with the arrangements.

“Because of the historic number of talented and diverse Republican candidates running this cycle, our voters, activists and donors are excited to be part of the process that will elect the next Republican president,” said the RNC’s communications director, Sean Spicer.

The campaigns also set aside debate seats for their biggest financial backers, arranging receptions and briefings for them on debate days.

“I heard people here saying, ‘I’ve been to three, how many have you been to?’ ” said Washington lobbyist and GOP fundraiser Richard Hohlt. “There are people who are almost debate groupies.”
Read their full article about it, they talk about how billionaire Sheldon Adelson and other fabulously wealthy oil magnates and hedge-fund managers are given front row seats to the action.

As Trump doesn't want nor take any of their money, they boo the hell out of him. Meanwhile, the other nobodies like Jeb who are at single digits in the polls get wildly cheered.
post #909 of 2448 Old February 15th, 2016, 11:47 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Something very peculiar happened at the Republican debate on Saturday night: When Donald Trump talked, the audience booed. Yet when Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and even John Kasich talked, they got loud cheers and applause.

This happened again and again. It even led a spike in Google searches for "Why are people booing?"

Pointing this out elicited even louder booing, to which Trump said "the reason they're not loving me is I don't want their money."

CHARLESTON, S.C. — About 1 a.m., long after the GOP presidential contenders had finally filed off the stage of the North Charleston Coliseum, the Republican National Committee’s post-debate party was still going strong.

Top party donors jammed into the ballroom of an upscale hotel in the city’s historic downtown, milling around a long buffet table piled with pulled-pork sandwiches, baby shrimp, macaroni and cheese, and ice cream sundaes. They buzzed about the sharp jousting between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, caught up on campaign gossip, and made plans to see one another at one of the upcoming forums in Iowa, New Hampshire or Florida.

The outsize spectacle of this primary season’s Republican debates has made the events hot-ticket items for wealthy donors, who are flocking to them as if they were political bowl games.

“It’s like Old Home Week,” said Ray Washburne, the national finance chair for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s campaign, who has been to all six GOP primary debates held so far. “Even though we’re all on different sides, it’s fun to meet up.”

Major fundraisers and top contributors fly in on private jets and gather in hotel suites before start time, marveling over the latest twists in the race. Once inside the venue, they snap selfies in front of the stage. They anxiously root for their favored candidates, swapping text messages with friends as the jabs fly back and forth.

“It’s the same thing as going to a football game,” said Foster Friess, the Wyoming-based financial investor who was among the heavy hitters in the audience for Thursday night’s debate in Charleston. “If you’re in the crowd, you can hear the cheers, unfiltered by microphones. The chemistry is so much more exciting.”

The crowded field of candidates — each with their own constellation of rich backers — has meant a heavier donor presence at the GOP forums than at the smaller Democratic ones, where Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.) repeatedly declares his independence from millionaires and billionaires.

The regular attendance by wealthy contributors is also due in part to the control that the RNC exerted over the primary debates this cycle. The national party doles out the tickets, unlike in past years when admittance was in the hands of the television networks and local parties hosting the forums.

The RNC allocates blocks of tickets to individual campaigns, volunteers and activists. But a chunk is also set aside for top money players such as Team 100 contributors, who have given the annual maximum of $33,400 to the party, according to people familiar with the arrangements.

“Because of the historic number of talented and diverse Republican candidates running this cycle, our voters, activists and donors are excited to be part of the process that will elect the next Republican president,” said the RNC’s communications director, Sean Spicer.

The campaigns also set aside debate seats for their biggest financial backers, arranging receptions and briefings for them on debate days.

“I heard people here saying, ‘I’ve been to three, how many have you been to?’ ” said Washington lobbyist and GOP fundraiser Richard Hohlt. “There are people who are almost debate groupies.”
Read their full article about it, they talk about how billionaire Sheldon Adelson and other fabulously wealthy oil magnates and hedge-fund managers are given front row seats to the action.

As Trump doesn't want nor take any of their money, they boo the hell out of him. Meanwhile, the other nobodies like Jeb who are at single digits in the polls get wildly cheered.
He's booed because he's not conservative, he's not republican, and he's not here to help.

I know you don't believe me, but again, I ask you to really look at his history over the last 30 years. You won't like what you see.
JohnC likes this.

Quote:
Quote:
post #910 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 12:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Foxfive listen to the things that he says in the video in post 899. Quite a few ppl have made those points that he has made before but the thing is it's usually not ppl from the conservative side that makes the argument or point that he is making quite often on that subject. So some ppl may be booing him bc the make up of the crowd doesn't like to hear the points that he makes on various topics and the things that he says are not new at all he has said quite a few of them in the past.

With some of the current stuff and the current political environment he has found a way to draw in a different following but when he actually starts speaking on a given topic it's a good time to start listening bc some may be booing bc many may be actually listening closely to him and hearing that the guy may not be what he seems to be like quite a few ppl have said from the start and throughout this thread. That's not meaning he want somehow continue to stay on top and even somehow win the gop nomination though.
Sixpointslow likes this.

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #911 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 01:02 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Quote:
He is self funding his campaign so obviously he will have nobody in the audience.
I've literally handed you the proof that this is a false statement and you just keep on spewing the same shit... Fuck, man.

That said, the man just isn't a conservative. THAT is why he's been getting booed.
JohnC and Woodman like this.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #912 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 08:39 AM

I don't care what he is or if he is a Conservative. Pick this side, pick that side, it doesn't really matter in the end. It's like saying you have to be an ass man or a boob man, you can't like both. Trump is his own man. I have offered "proof" also on several areas of discussion. Is there really any proof out there? Most involved in politics are lying fucks with their own agenda. It is my opinion that is why they fear and Boo Trump. He won't be a puppet. I don't feel that Trump has an agenda. Like I said before even if Trump is running because he is power hungry or a narcissist, I'm ok with that because I know he will give 110% and not be swayed by some crusty old bastard politicians, specialty groups, or lobbyists.
post #913 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't care what he is or if he is a Conservative. Pick this side, pick that side, it doesn't really matter in the end. It's like saying you have to be an ass man or a boob man, you can't like both. Trump is his own man. I have offered "proof" also on several areas of discussion. Is there really any proof out there? Most involved in politics are lying fucks with their own agenda. It is my opinion that is why they fear and Boo Trump. He won't be a puppet. I don't feel that Trump has an agenda. Like I said before even if Trump is running because he is power hungry or a narcissist, I'm ok with that because I know he will give 110% and not be swayed by some crusty old bastard politicians, specialty groups, or lobbyists.
The problem here is exactly what I pointed out several pages ago: there HAS been lots of options that aren't lying fucks, don't have their own agenda, aren't puppets, and aren't swayed by some crusty old politicians, specialty groups, or lobbyists.

And more importantly: they have a PROVEN track record of all of that, AND have a track record of following the constitution. Yet none of these so-called conservatives have supported them.

So I ask again: why Trump now?

On edit, one other thing I find hilarious about Trump supporters. They act like there's some significant difference in terms of the "establishment" between the politician who accepts money, and the businessman who is the one giving it.

Newsflash. They're both part of the establishment, and part of the problem. And Trump has been on the 'donating' side of that equation quite a bit over the past 20 years. And I strongly encourage any Trump supporter to do a little of your own research and see who's been on the 'receiving' side of those transactions.

But then again, I know that's a lot to ask of someone who doesn't care enough to look past the yelling and screaming, while actually saying nothing, in a debate or interview.
Woodman likes this.

-Will

post #914 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 12:10 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:

It DOES matter.

He is claiming to be Republican, which denotes conservative, and he is very much a progressive liberal. He would in other terms be a Republican in Name Only.

He is only running his mouth, telling us what we want to hear, and that isn't going to make the country any better, it isn't going to change anything, and it's going to make the Left/Right divide even worse by making a third rift between both parties and the president.

I know you think he can't be bought, but his history shows that he can and he will be bought at every single opportunity.

Quote:
Quote:
post #915 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 01:12 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol go to jebbush.com
Woodman likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
How did this gorilla stuff even get started in a thread about me taking it hard in the ass?
post #916 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 01:56 PM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalicut View Post
lol go to jebbush.com
post #917 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 02:15 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Donald Trumps trolling!
JohnC likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
How did this gorilla stuff even get started in a thread about me taking it hard in the ass?
post #918 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 05:37 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
I watched the debate. I booed Trump from my recliner. My wife yelled at television screen. Trump is being booed because he is a jackass. He is being booed for not only what he says but how he says it. The biggest boo came when he used a line from the Democratic party to attack Jeb Bush's brother.

I can't help it if Trump is too ignorant to realize that the other five candidates also got 100 tickets, that their supporters don't care much for his loud abusive attacks, and that their 500 supporters outnumber his 100.

In South Carolina Trump is ahead. He has 38%. That means that 62% oppose him. The only reason he is winning is because that 62% is spread across five candidates. And interviews before the debate showed he was completely wrong on his assumption that the audience is packed with lobbyists. Going in 40% of the attendees supported him. But his jackass performance during the debate is softening his support.

Quote:
In interviews conducted before the debate, 40% backed Trump, compared with 31% who said they supported him after the raucous matchup between the remaining candidates in the field. Two candidates who attempted to remain above the fray in the debate -- Carson and Kasich -- each appeared to get a bump in the post-debate interviews, though the increase for both candidates was within the margin of sampling error for the post-debate interviews.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/16/politi...-poll-cnn-orc/

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1

Last edited by Eagle2000GT; February 16th, 2016 at 11:24 PM.
post #919 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 10:23 PM

It doesn't matter if it's spread across the other candidates, he is still winning. My wife doesn't like Trump either but I'm my own man. She can shit on him all she wants. My mother doesn't like Trump. Most of my co workers like him and both my mother and father in law are Trump supporter. A little give and take.

I'm not going to dissect each of the candidates. The only ones running against Trump that are worth a shit are Kasich and Carson. Bush is a pussy, Rubio is a weasel, and Cruz is tool.

Like I said we will see what happens. I think Trump will take it.
post #920 of 2448 Old February 16th, 2016, 11:04 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it's spread across the other candidates, he is still winning. My wife doesn't like Trump either but I'm my own man. She can shit on him all she wants. My mother doesn't like Trump. Most of my co workers like him and both my mother and father in law are Trump supporter. A little give and take.

I'm not going to dissect each of the candidates. The only ones running against Trump that are worth a shit are Kasich and Carson. Bush is a pussy, Rubio is a weasel, and Cruz is tool.

Like I said we will see what happens. I think Trump will take it.
I simply cannot comprehend where you get these assesments from. I see Kasich as someone I've never heard of, so of no consequence. Carson is an intelligent man, but not presidential material. Rubio is a weasel, Bush is a Bush, and Cruz is the smartest man in the room, and the only one left in the game capable of doing the job properly.

But, you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong I think you are on it.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page