Donald Trump for President. What say you? - Page 53 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 945Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1041 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Premium Member

Garage

2002 GT Teksid TFS Heads Edelbrock Intake Twin PTE 6466 turbos TH400/UCC Converter Holley Dominator EFI
2018 Challenger Scat

Eddie Edwards on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1042 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 12:06 PM

I'm just starting to follow politics a little. So far I'm wondering, why do people love to bring up Trump's bankruptcies? How are they relevant to presidency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
fuck a willing possum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
lol seriously.. who the fuck bowls sober and pays for it?
post #1043 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 12:25 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Louis CK on Trump:

John Oliver on Trump

Lt. Col. Tom Hanton on trump

McCain on Trump
Businessman Donald Trump went the furthest.

"I would bring back waterboarding, and I would bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding," Trump said to cheers.

None of that sat well with McCain, who spent five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam and suffered torture firsthand.

"It's been so disappointing to see some presidential candidates engaged in loose talk on the campaign trail about reviving waterboarding and other inhumane interrogation techniques," McCain said.

"It might be easy to dismiss this bluster as cheap campaign rhetoric, but these statements must not go unanswered because they mislead the American people about the realities of interrogation, how to gather intelligence, what it takes to defend our security, and, at the most fundamental level, what we are fighting for as a nation, and what kind of nation we are," he added.

McCain, the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, went on to argue that the United States "stained" its national honor by employing torture tactics in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, noting that the techniques failed to produce useful intelligence but did incalculable harm to the nation's reputation.

He added that protecting the country's security and its values are not mutually exclusive, but indeed fundamentally linked.

"When we fight to defend our security, we fight also for an idea that all men are endowed by their creator with inalienable rights -- that's all men and women," McCain said.

"How much safer the world would be if all nations believed the same. How much more dangerous it can become when we forget it ourselves, even momentarily ... Our enemies act without conscience. We must not," McCain said, rebutting the idea advanced on Saturday by Trump that torture was justified because terrorists do worse.

"Sacrificing our national honor and our respect for human dignity will make it harder, not easier, to prevail in this war," McCain continued. "Our nation needs a commander in chief that reminds us that in the worst of times, either chaos or terror of war, when facing cruelty, suffering and loss, that we are always Americans -- different, stronger and better than those who would destroy us."

McCain also pointed out another problem with campaign trail pledges to bring back waterboarding and other forms of torture: they were made illegal in legislation passed last year.

Watch all of McCain's speech above.

Pope against trump
“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,” Francis said when a reporter asked him about Mr. Trump on the papal airliner as he returned to Rome after his six-day visit to Mexico.

Mitt Romney against Trump

Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney has arguably been the loudest voice against Trump, despite having accepted Trump’s endorsement in 2012. After warning of a potential “bombshell” in Trump’s tax records, Romney tweeted “#WhatIsHeHiding” to press Trump to disclose his summaries. Romney took an even more forceful tone after Trump said he had no knowledge about former KKK leader David Duke, who, along with other white supremacists, are publicly supporting Trump’s campaign. Romney called Trump’s response “disqualifying” and said that “his coddling of repugnant bigotry is not in the character of America.” The 2012 presidential contender even said he may support a write-in candidate over Trump. Romney told NBC’s Chuck Todd, “I’m going to be voting, but I’ll vote for someone on the ballot that I think is a real conservative and who will make us proud and I may write in a name if I can’t find such a person.”

These critiques only set the stage for Romney’s most coordinated attack yet: a scathing, point-by-point take down of the candidate at the Hinckley Institute of Politics Forum in Utah two days after Trump dominated Super Tuesday, calling him a phony, a fraud, a misogynist and a bully who threatens America’s future.

“I believe with all my heart and soul that we face another time for choosing, one that will have profound consequences for the Republican Party and more importantly, for the country,” Romney said in his speech. “His domestic policies would lead to recession. His foreign policies would make America and the world less safe. He has neither the temperament nor the judgment to be president. And his personal qualities would mean that America would cease to be a shining city on a hill.”

So far, more than 30 Republican lawmakers, strategists and commentators — who have had some strongly worded statements against Trump — have joined the resistance. MSNBC will continue to update the list.

REPUBLICAN ELECTED OFFICIALS against trump

1. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.)

Sasse was the first Republican in Congress to announce he will never vote for Trump. On Facebook Sunday, he wrote, “My current answer for who I would support in a hypothetical matchup between Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton is: Neither of them. I sincerely hope we select one of the other GOP candidates, but if Donald Trump ends up as the GOP nominee, conservatives will need to find a third option.”

2. Rep. Scott Rigell (R-Va.)

Rigell, who plans retire at the end of his current term representing Virginia, sent a letter to his supporters Monday night urging them to vote for any candidate besides Trump.

“My love for our country eclipses my loyalty to our party, and to live with a clear conscience I will not support a nominee so lacking in the judgement, temperament and character needed to be our nation’s commander in chief. Accordingly, if left with no alternative, I will not support Trump in the general election should he become our Republican nominee,” Rigell wrote.

MSNBC LIVE, 3/2/16, 10:05 AM ET
Can the GOP unite to stop Trump?

3. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), former 2016 presidential candidate

Graham continually voiced his opposition to Trump throughout his since-suspended presidential bid, and then offered his support to Jeb Bush before he dropped out. The senator has grim predictions for Trump’s rise, insisting that the GOP is “gonna lose to Hillary Clinton” if he prevails in the primary. At the Congressional Dinner on February 25, Graham took his assessment of Trump’s success even further: “My party has gone bats**t crazy.”

4. Gov. Susana Martinez (R-N.M.)

New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez won’t commit to voting for Donald Trump if he is the Republican presidential nominee. But the chair of the Republican Governors Association and the nation’s only Latina governor said Tuesday she’s “definitely not” voting for Democratic hopefuls Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

5. Gov. Charlie Baker (R-Mass.)

The GOP governor of Massachusetts told Boston Globe reporters Wednesday that he did not vote for Trump on Super Tuesday and “I’m not going to vote for him in November.” When journalists asked if Baker hoped that a worthy third-party candidate would rise to face Trump, Baker responded, “I’m not willing to concede that the Republican nomination is over and, frankly, you know, you guys shouldn’t either.”

Listen to Baker explain his views on Trump here.

6. Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.)

The Florida congressman said he would back a write-in or third-party candidate rather than Trump. “This man does things and says things that I teach my six- and three-year-olds not to say,” Curbelo said in an interview. “I could never look them in the eye and tell them that I support someone so crass and insulting and offensive to lead the greatest nation in the world.”

RELATED: Mitt Romney lays out scathing critique of Donald Trump

FORMER ELECTED OFFICIALS

1. Former Gov. Christie Todd Whitman (R-NJ)

“While I certainly don’t want four more years of another Clinton administration or more years of the Obama administration, I would take that over the kind of damage I think Donald Trump could do to this country, to its reputation, to the people of this country,” Whitman said Monday on Bloomberg’s “With All Due Respect.”

When asked if Whitman would explicitly support Clinton over Trump, she said that it’s likely. “I will probably vote for her,” Whitman said. “I don’t want to. I can do a write-in. But I think that’s where I’d go if those are my choices.”

2. Former Sen. Mel Martinez (R-Fla.)

Martinez did not hold back when criticizing the GOP front-runner. “I would not vote for Trump, clearly” he said, according to reporting by the Wall Street Journal. “If there is any, any, any other choice, a living, breathing person with a pulse, I would be there.”

3. Former Rep. J.C. Watts (R-Okla.)

The former Oklahoma congressman predicted “a tremendous setback for the party” if Trump wins. Watts also had harsh words for some of Trump’s rivals. “All these guys who are beating him up now, if he asks them to be his running mate, they’ll jump in in a New York minute,” Watts said, according to the Wall Street Journal.

MSNBC LIVE, 3/2/16, 10:46 AM ET
Is Trump unstoppable?

4. Former Sen. Norm Coleman (R-M.N.), Congressional Leadership Fund chairman

In an op-ed for The Star Tribune Thursday, Coleman called Trump a “misogynist,” “bigot,” “fraud” and a “bully” as he described why he would never vote for the real estate mogul.

“I won’t vote for Donald Trump. I won’t vote for Donald Trump because of who he isn’t. He isn’t a Republican. He isn’t a conservative. He isn’t a truth teller. He’s not a uniter. Donald Trump isn’t the leader America needs after eight years of a president who deliberately divided us and fanned the flames of racial and socioeconomic strife — and, by doing so, diminished America’s standing in the world,” Coleman wrote.

Other Republicans with influence agaisnt trump

2. Mark Salter, former aide and speechwriter for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)

In a January Esquire piece titled “We Deserve Better Than Donald Trump,” Salter wrote about his distaste for the front-runner.

“Are we in such dire straits that we must dispense with civility, kindness, tolerance and normal decency to put a mean-spirited, lying jerk in the White House?” Salter wrote. “Of course, were Trump to succumb to a rare bout of honesty, he would confess he thinks we’re all just suckers. I hope we’re both proved wrong. I really do. Because right now that a**hole is making us all look bad.”

Salter reiterated his stance in a Facebook post Sunday: “I will vote for Marco Rubio in the VA primary Tuesday, and, of course, I will proudly and with enormous relief vote for him again if he’s our nominee. I will vote for Hillary Clinton without hesitation if the Fascist quoting, friend of the Klan, Donald Trump is the GOP nominee.”

3. Meg Whitman, Hewlett-Packard CEO and former national finance co-chair of Chris Christie’s campaign

Two days after Christie surprised the Republican establishment by endorsing Trump during a press conference in Texas, Whitman strongly condemned both the man she formerly supported and Trump in a statement. “Donald Trump is unfit to be president,” she wrote. “The governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie’s donors and supporters to reject the governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter.”

4. Peter Wehner, GOP strategist

“Beginning with Ronald Reagan, I have voted Republican in every presidential election since I first became eligible to vote in 1980. I worked in the Reagan and George H. W. Bush administrations and in the White House for George W. Bush as a speechwriter and adviser,” Wehner wrote January 14 in an op-ed for The New York Times. “Despite this history, and in important ways because of it, I will not vote for Donald Trump if he wins the Republican nomination.”

5. Liz Mair, GOP strategist

“I have repeatedly stated that if he is the GOP nominee, I will either vote third party or do a write-in, potentially of myself,” Mair wrote in a statement about Trump to The New Yorker published Friday. “At least if I do the latter thing, I know I’m voting for someone I 100 percent agree with for once.”

6. Eliot Cohen, counselor of the Department of State during President George W. Bush’s administration

Cohen clarified he would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton over Trump if those were his only options. He also organized a response via open letter that was signed by 60 members of the Republican national security community “united in our opposition to a Donald Trump presidency.”

“Mr. Trump’s own statements lead us to conclude that as president, he would use the authority of his office to act in ways that make America less safe, and which would diminish our standing in the world,” the letter reads. “Furthermore, his expansive view of how presidential power should be wielded against his detractors poses a distinct threat to civil liberty in the United States.”

7. Rick Wilson, Republican operative

Put bluntly in his own words: “I will never vote for Donald Trump, not even if he’s the Republican nominee. I will never vote for Donald Trump, not even if Ronald Reagan and William F. Buckley rise from the grave and beg me to support him. I will never vote for Donald Trump, not even if it means he forms a third party and runs as the narcissist sociopath he truly is.”

8. Stuart Stevens, top strategist, Romney 2012

A day later, he wondered about a “support group” for “those not threatened by thuggish trust funder” Donald Trump. “Getting to be a small group,” he tweeted.

9. Kevin Madden, former Mitt Romney communications director

Madden, like some of his peers, said he could never vote for Trump. If Trump is the nominee, he said, “I’m prepared to write somebody in so that I have a clear conscience.”

10. Karl Rove, Republican operative

Rove, a longtime skeptic of Trump, has downplayed his dominance in the polls and likened him to GOP Senate candidate Todd Akin in a July 2015 op-ed in the Wall Street Journal. “Mr. Trump could become the 2016 version of Missouri Rep. Todd Akin, who tarnished the GOP brand in 2012 with an offensive statement about rape,” Rove wrote. “Republican leaders from Mitt Romney on down immediately condemned his words, but swing voters were persuaded that every Republican believed what Mr. Akin said.”

Rove has continued to opine about the best ways to beat Trump in the Wall Street Journal.

11. David McIntosh, president of Club for Growth

The president of the conservative political advocacy group attacked Trump as “the worst kind of politician” and questioned his Republican credentials. “He’s playing them for chumps,” McIntosh said. “They’ll believe anything he says, when in fact the record shows he’s done just the opposite. He believes just the opposite.”

McIntosh’s Club for Growth has ramped up its anti-Trump advertising with million dollar buys in key states like Florida.

12. Ken Mehlman, former Republican National Committee chairman

Mehlman, who ran Pres. George W. Bush’s re-election campaign, tweeted his scorn for Trump on Monday. “Leaders don’t need to do research to reject Klan support #NeverTrump,” he posted, linking to a New York Times article in which Pres. Ronald Reagan spurned the KKK.

13. Sarah Isgur Flores, former deputy campaign manager at Carly for President

The former RNC deputy communications director floated the idea of a convention showdown to MSNBC’s Chris Jansing. “I will certainly hope for a contested convention, and if not I hope that someone will offer an alternative,” she said.

14. Ben Stein, conservative economist, former speechwriter for presidents Nixon and Ford

Stein appeared on CNN on Wednesday and said that he was considering voting Democratic in the general election should Trump be the nominee. “I like him, but he’s dangerously misinformed,” he told CNN. He also said that Trump would “sink” the Republican party.

15. Max Boot, foreign policy adviser to Sen. Marco Rubio, Council on Foreign Relations fellow

“I would sooner vote for Josef Stalin than I would vote for Donald Trump,” Boot told the New York Times on March 2. “There is no way in hell I would vote for him. I would far more readily support Hillary Clinton, or Bloomberg if he ran.”

Colbert Against Trump

Some of the stuff trump has said:

On immigration

"The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems. Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people,” Trump said when he launched his bid for the presidency at Trump Tower in New York in June 2015.

"Jeb Bush likes illegals because of his wife," Trump tweeted on July 4, referring to Bush's Mexican-American wife - he later deleted the post.

"13 Syrian refugees were caught trying to get into the U.S. through the Southern Border. How many made it? WE NEED THE WALL!" The Donald tweeted on Nov. 22.

"The line of 'Make America great again,' the phrase, that was mine, I came up with it about a year ago, and I kept using it, and everybody's using it, they are all loving it," Trump said in March.
"I don't know I guess I should copyright it, maybe I have copyrighted it."

"Make America Great Again" was, in fact, Reagan's slogan during his campaign for the presidency in 1980.

"I'm really rich. I'll show you that in a second," he said when he announced his presidential bid in June.

On Muslims

One of Trump's most controversial comments in 2015 was his call to ban Muslims from entering the United States on Dec. 7 at a rally in South Carolina.

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine," Trump said.

"Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life," he said.

On foreign affairs

"Hey, I'm not saying they're stupid … I like China. I just sold an apartment for $15 million dollars to somebody from China. Am I supposed to dislike 'em?" Trump said when he announced his bid for the presidency in June.

"He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured? I like people who weren't captured," Trump said of John McCain in July.

[IMG]"He gave me his number and I found the card, I wrote the number down. I don't know if it's the right number, let's try it. Your local politician, he won't fix anything but at least, he'll talk to you," Trump said before disclosing Lindsay Graham's cell number to hundreds of crowd members and thousands of viewers at a rally in South Carolina on July 21.[/IMG]

"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?" Trump retweeted on April 16 before deleting it shortly after.

"They had no definitive proof against Tom Brady or #patriots. If Hillary doesn't have to produce Emails, why should Tom? Very unfair!" Trump tweeted on May 11.

"Why does @CNN bore their audience with people like @secupp, a totally biased loser who doesn't have a clue. I hear she will soon be gone!" Trump tweeted about S.E. Cupp on Dec. 9.

"Watching @CNN and consider @secupp to be one of the least talented people on television. Boring and biased!" he tweeted about the News columnist again on Dec. 22.

"Thank you to respected columnist Katie Hopkins of Daily Mail for her powerful writing on the U.K.'s Muslim problems." Trump tweeted on Dec. 10 about the most hated woman in Britain.

"Very sad what happened last night at the Miss Universe Pageant. I sold it 6 months ago for a record price. This would never have happened!" Trump tweeted on December 21 following Steve Harvey's monumental mix-up.

Yet moments before, the Donald tweeted:

"@MissUniverse final 3 on now. Great people, great new owner @IMG. WATCH," he said.

He even went as far as threatening John McCain

When asked about McCain’s comments by CBS News’s Major Garrett after the Republican debate in Detroit on Thursday, Trump said McCain had better watch out. “That’s not nice, he has to be very careful,” Trump said. When asked why, he added, “He’ll find out.”

Is Donald Trump really the best candidate republicans can come up with? someone who says one stupid thing after another, someone who has so much hate and attacks so many people? Someone who gets offended so easily? can you imagine him as a president, dealing with world leaders, being disrespectful, threatening when he doesn't agree with him? Could you imagine how far it would set international relationships?

He posses a imminent threat on the first amendment, he will sue or attack anybody that says anything bad about him, he wants to ban all Muslims because of their religion.

He is playing every single one of you, saying what you want to hear, and then taking it back the next day. With someone like Trump we have no idea what his real intentions are, since he has a different opinion every day.

Listen to the most intelligent people in the world, to the most influential people in the world, how many of them support Trump? How many republicans support Trump?

2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1044 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 12:57 PM
missippi roolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
And I would absolutely not support Trump if he shit on LEO. Trump is the only candidate that mentions police and military to the extent candidates should. I have different views then most, but I do a different job the most and that influences my decision. We have three or four of the same guys on a mustang forum saying Trump is an idiot yet he's taking the country by storm. But of course all of them are all idiots or ignorant. I will quote a line from one of my favorite Rage Against the Machine songs in that case. IF IGNORNACE IS BLISS PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE.
Are police officers allowed to like Rage Against the Machine?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I'm just starting to follow politics a little. So far I'm wondering, why do people love to bring up Trump's bankruptcies? How are they relevant to presidency?
Basically it boils down to:

Supporters say "We need someone who knows how to run a business in the white house!"

People against Trump respond something along the lines of "he's not even a good businessman. He's had multiple bankruptcies and built his business off of daddy's money"
post #1045 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Trolling? How can I be trolling when I am supporting Trump on a thread about Donald Trump for President? All I have seen on here is people shitting on Trump. How about you lay down the game plan for the candidate you are selecting and why I should vote for him or her. What are their detailed and well thought out plans? I haven't seen shit on here other then to say that Trump's a fraud, he has no plan, people who vote for Trump are stupid.
How are you trolling? How about by completely ignoring legitimate questions about things he has said.

Two of my posts ago, I asked you very objective questions about 2 things he said in the last debate. I didn't shit on him or you, didn't say anything about him being a fraud, didn't say anything about him not having a plan, and didn't say you were stupid for voting for him. I simply asked how you felt about him reversing his position on immigration, and how you felt about his comments about torture.

Two very objective, respectful questions about him that you have ignored and not answered, probably bringing the tally now to over a hundred in this thread that the Trump supporters dodge.

THAT is how you are trolling.

Quote:
Trump is the only candidate that mentions police and military to the extent candidates should.
Except the fact that he completely shit all over the military with his comment about torture in the last debate.

1, the military hasn't / doesn't torture people.
2, the military doesn't follow unconstitutional / unethical orders from a dictator, no matter how big a fit he throws.

If I was in the military, or some other profession where upholding laws and the Constitution was so paramount (like a law enforcement officer), I'd be enraged by his comments. That wasn't some small slip up by Trump; he explicitly said that he'd be willing to give completely unconstitutional orders to soldiers, and that "his" soldiers would follow those orders (even though they're completely against the UCMJ).

He literally said that it would be ok to kill innocent wives / children of terrorists. That sounds EXACTLY like something that would come out of the mouth of a dictator. And you're ok with that?

I wouldn't care if I agreed with literally everything else a candidate says, if my guy came out and said that, essentially condoning murder of innocent people, I absolutely could not support them.

But as I figured, those comments fell on deaf ears of Trump supporters.

Quote:
yet he's taking the country by storm.

You guys realize that if Trump doesn't get the nomination because of some shady political bs brought against him, Hillary Clinton will be the next president. Ponder that for a while.
He's taking the media coverage by storm. Big difference. He's been getting 30-35% of the Republican primary votes on average in a still-crowded field with Cruz quickly narrowing the gap. Hardly 'taking the country by storm'.

And you do realize that if Trump DOES get the nomination for whatever forsaken reason, that Hillary Clinton will be the next president? I think YOU need to ponder that for a while.

Quote:
IF IGNORNACE IS BLISS PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE.
And there it is right there. First hand admission that YOU DON'T CARE WHAT HE SAYS OR DOES, and that you're going to support him regardless. Which is what I've been saying about Trump supporters for months now.

Also, you asked about my candidate. Here is his page concerning his stances on all the issues: https://www.randpaul.com/issues He isn't perfect, no one is, but he very closely aligns with my personal beliefs on the issues, and has a solid record of supporting those beliefs with votes in Congress for a number of years.

But as per usual, the American public, Republicans in particular, isn't smart enough to get behind a candidate that actually has plans and ideas for solving the problems this country faces, and increasing personal liberty along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
Is Donald Trump really the best candidate republicans can come up with? someone who says one stupid thing after another, someone who has so much hate and attacks so many people? Someone who gets offended so easily? can you imagine him as a president, dealing with world leaders, being disrespectful, threatening when he doesn't agree with him? Could you imagine how far it would set international relationships?

He posses a imminent threat on the first amendment, he will sue or attack anybody that says anything bad about him, he wants to ban all Muslims because of their religion.

He is playing every single one of you, saying what you want to hear, and then taking it back the next day. With someone like Trump we have no idea what his real intentions are, since he has a different opinion every day.

Listen to the most intelligent people in the world, to the most influential people in the world, how many of them support Trump? How many republicans support Trump?
Trump supporters have a bad case of confirmation bias and selective hearing. They only hear what they want to from him, and when one or two of their co-workers or friends agree with them, that re-affirms their belief that they're right in supporting him. They hear one person say, "the reason all those people you just listed oppose him are because he's not part of the 'establishment' and he's going to go and bust up the party in Washington, DC", or something along those lines, and then it suddenly becomes fact, no matter how far from the truth it is. It has never once crossed their mind that the reason so many people oppose him is that, after looking at his history and his statement on current issues, they genuinely feel that he would be a terrible leader for this country.

-Will

post #1046 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 01:25 PM
missippi roolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky98gt View Post

He literally said that it would be ok to kill innocent wives / children of terrorists. That sounds EXACTLY like something that would come out of the mouth of a dictator. And you're ok with that?

I wouldn't care if I agreed with literally everything else a candidate says, if my guy came out and said that, essentially condoning murder of innocent people, I absolutely could not support them.

But as I figured, those comments fell on deaf ears of Trump supporters.
I don't think they fell on deaf ears at all. There is a large portion of people in this country that would smile at the thought of the middle east and all of its inhabitants being turned to glass (I've seen it referenced countless times on countless forums) because its easier to generalize an entire sect of people as "the bad guys". Somehow, the extermination of an entire people (brown) is different in their eyes than the attempt of the extermination of the jews whether they're terrorists or just some child born in the wrong part of the world. They knew exactly what they heard and they fully support it.
post #1047 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I don't think they fell on deaf ears at all. There is a large portion of people in this country that would smile at the thought of the middle east and all of its inhabitants being turned to glass (I've seen it referenced countless times on countless forums) because its easier to generalize an entire sect of people as "the bad guys". Somehow, the extermination of an entire people (brown) is different in their eyes than the attempt of the extermination of the jews whether they're terrorists or just some child born in the wrong part of the world. They knew exactly what they heard and they fully support it.
You could be exactly right. And that's so, so much worse.

-Will

post #1048 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 02:13 PM

I think he is right, and that is exactly what is keeping Trump going, hate.

2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
post #1049 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 03:14 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Brtnstrns, sneaky98GT, and maxgst;

I do not want to believe that. I agree with many of the issues Trump brings up and I don't think I'm driven by hate. I believe we need to close our borders and have an orderly immigration process. I know that China manipulates its currency and I want fair trade not free trade. I believe in humanitarian aid but I do not believe that the United States has an obligation to take in refugees from around the world. I know that ObamaCare is federal government overreach just like common core and many other things. In principle I agree with Trump on a lot of issues. But I cannot support him. And I pray that I don't have to.

Actually I don't think Trump means some of the things he says. He just engages his mouth before thinking. He's been rich so long that he can't help himself. I think he was trying to hold his true character back during the last debate but he couldn't. Even though Rubio and Cruz openly laughed at his outbursts he couldn't hold them in. Rubio challenged him to respond without an insult. Cruz told him to take a deep breath and count to ten. He couldn't do it. It's not an act. He has very little self-control. And he has absolutely no filters on his speech. These are not characteristics we want in our senior statesman.
riverwabbit703 likes this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #1050 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post

I do not want to believe that.
Neither do I. But I certainly can't explain the blind eye so many of his supporters turn towards many of his comments.

-Will

post #1051 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 03:27 PM
missippi roolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post

I do not want to believe that.
You may not want to, but I've seen that exact statement made on many car forums and the posters tend to be the ones that have staunchly jumped on the Trump train and post in support of him. Not necessarily this forum since, for whatever reason, MM seems to attract more level-headed, or at least calmer people (our political discussions are goddamned civilized compared to other places). But countless other car forums for sure.

Edit: My example is obviously anecdotal, but when you see the hatred that a lot of people seem to have in the crowds at Trump rallies, I don't think its a huge leap to assume a good portion of them feel similarly in some sense.
post #1052 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 03:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Eagle for personal reasons I try to watch the things I say or bring up on here now. But look at the type of stuff he has fed off of he seen the type of wave he needed to ride years ago during the last presidential election. When you dig deep into what he says and has said over the years in the past few years it taps into some people's fears and xenophobia. It has been said throughout this thread in various ways and he has tapped into that undercurrent with quite a few people some who are upfront with it and some who may not even realize it but it comes through in some of their statements.

So dude may not be smart policy wise but he knew what kind of wave to ride socially and with this hyperpartisan environment on top of that he had to see it some time ago to capitalize on it. The problem is imo people in important positions on the GOP side didn't take him serious and somewhat ignored quite a bit of that stuff he was saying. Now they wanna take him serious bc they see his support and following is real but that has been there for quite some time it just got deeper as he continued to have a stage and run his mouth and ride that wave. As far as him believing half of the crap he says or possibly thinking he will put it into play I think he knows he is full of crap but he is trying to suck in a certain type of crowd. Hell when it comes down to the one on one debates I'm thinking he may tone all of that down a bit to try to be more appealing since he has sucked in those ppl to win that GOP nomination.
socialist likes this.

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #1053 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Regular

Garage
Hell, anything will be better than that lying, Benghazi, Whitewater, email , accomplished nothing as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton.
Woodman likes this.
post #1054 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 08:39 PM

^Quite a few ppl know that will be his damn near dead horse argument (not saying they are not important) that will get applauded for a bit but they have continuously beat her over the head with those points. What is gonna use that throughout the entire debate and in every debate. People know about that stuff that has been brought up time and time again that guy is gonna have to bring some details and substance to those debates.

Imo someone like Rand Paul would have possibly been a damn good match or even thrashed her in a debate. I don't see why he didn't do so well on this run. Just like listening to his dad the last go round he almost seemed like one of the most reasonable no b.s. candidates up there. I suppose the somewhat isolationist stance could be a turn off to some all things considered.
Woodman likes this.

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #1055 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 09:06 PM
missippi roolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
Imo someone like Rand Paul would have possibly been a damn good match or even thrashed her in a debate. I don't see why he didn't do so well on this run. Just like listening to his dad the last go round he almost seemed like one of the most reasonable no b.s. candidates up there. I suppose the somewhat isolationist stance could be a turn off to some all things considered.
Haha because of exactly what you wrote here. He wasn't as inflammatory and derogatory as the rest of the crowd. The numbnuts voting just want someone that reflects their emotions that they don't show outwardly.
post #1056 of 2474 Old March 8th, 2016, 09:16 PM

^ It really does at times seem to be that way.
Woodman likes this.

post #1057 of 2474 Old March 9th, 2016, 01:25 AM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
Haha because of exactly what you wrote here. He wasn't as inflammatory and derogatory as the rest of the crowd. The numbnuts voting just want someone that reflects their emotions that they don't show outwardly.
As this election cycle is proving, outrageous gets air time. Air time gets votes.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #1058 of 2474 Old March 9th, 2016, 07:04 AM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

Trump University was a real estate medicine show scam...

https://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRea...68908693174080

This man is no more fit to be POTUS than Hillary Clinton.

He is a Progressive Democrat running as a R, a crony capitalist, and a fricken' scammer.

2010 CGM Camaro 2SS RS 6L90
Stage II ProCharger D1X
760rwhp @ 14 PSI

post #1059 of 2474 Old March 9th, 2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
They aren't.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Sneaky98gt your dog isn't in the fight anymore, mine is.

No hard feelings on any of this stuff believe me, my wife hates Trump. Good thing my mother and father in law love him lol.
post #1060 of 2474 Old March 9th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
This man is no more fit to be POTUS than Hillary Clinton.
At least we know he was born in America and is legally eligible to be president, Ted Cruz is Canadian. It would really suck if Cruz won the primary and then we found out he couldn't be president, then we'd be stuck with the wicked witch from Chicago.

Ted Cruz is in full blown politician mode right now, he's saying whatever it takes to get elected, regardless of what he truly believes and it's disgusting. We all know he can't just abolish the IRS, if he could he would have my vote 100%, but he's lying through his teeth every time he gets on tv.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page