Nothing about the Mueller partisan hack job? - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 37Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 Old December 6th, 2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic
 
Woodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 4,562
               
iTrader: 0 reviews
Nothing about the Mueller partisan hack job?

So none of you have anything to say about the blatant hack job that the Mueller probe was? How his contact with Russia was post election/tranition team oriented, how the "special investigator" was a Clinton fan who was 100% in it to try and discredit Trump and 100% biased against Trump from the get go, and was still allowed to keep working on the case?

Nothing? Crickets?
JohnC likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
Woodman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 73 Old December 6th, 2017, 12:33 PM
missippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,177
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
oh boy

You can't just assign "partisanship" any time something makes your preferred side look bad. We've already demolished faith in the media, faith in the judicial branch. Soon you're going to not trust anyone and find yourself agreeing with everything Alex Jones says.

What are you going to do if Mueller brings down Trump's administration? Start an armed revolt against the "Deep State"? Shoot up a pizza place that Clinton runs her child sex slave ring out of?

What are you going to do if Mueller discovers Trump did nothing illegal or unethical? You still gonna be calling him a partisan hack?

What if it all leads to a grand conspiracy by the Clintons trying to overthrow Trump? Same opinion? Yeah...

Mueller isn't biased against Trump. He's been given a job and is doing it. The media is taking the updates and creating speculation and spinning them in such a way that you've apparently taken to be Mueller's words himself.
Novanutcase and T-Lee. 30 like this.

A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked. (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #3 of 73 Old December 6th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
 
nileppezdel77!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 5,502
               
Garage
iTrader: 3 reviews
Unless lying to the FBI is a Republican tenet, then I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only thing to come from the investigation he's conducted is the discovery that all these folks kept lying about stuff. Whether that stuff was illegal or not isn't even being considered. The lying is what's illegal.



T-Lee. 30 and socialist like this.



'01 GT Convertible
Maximum Motorsports TQA|PHB|FLSFC|LCA|Coilovers
D&D T56 Magnum; Cobra R Brakes; Sparco Seats
Tuned by Mustang Magic and so much other stuff

'16 Fiesta ST
Cobb FMIC, Turbo-back exhaust, RMM and Air Filter
Tuned by Stratified
nileppezdel77! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 73 Old December 6th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Novanutcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 6,088
               
iTrader: 0 reviews
This is a classic case of how right wing(and for that matter left wing) media controls the narrative. In the time I've been here I haven't found much to agree with with him but Durwood is someone that has been thoughtful in most of his response wrong headed as they may be. I've noticed ever since Trump got elected that has changed. It would seem the rhetoric that comes out of the media machine is having it's effect.

Lying has now become the norm and is "no big deal". I wonder who took us there......

John
T-Lee. 30 likes this.

SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
Novanutcase is offline  
post #5 of 73 Old December 6th, 2017, 04:32 PM
missippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,177
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanutcase View Post
This is a classic case of how right wing(and for that matter left wing) media controls the narrative. In the time I've been here I haven't found much to agree with with him but Durwood is someone that has been thoughtful in most of his response wrong headed as they may be. I've noticed ever since Trump got elected that has changed. It would seem the rhetoric that comes out of the media machine is having it's effect.

Lying has now become the norm and is "no big deal". I wonder who took us there......

John
The Mueller investigation is definitely a matter of both biases thriving off of one another. An update comes out that Mueller has gotten Flynn to agree to a plea deal and nobody knows any details beyond that he was facing a charge for lying to the FBI, which is inherently illegal. Left leaning news takes that to mean that Trump is on the radar next. Then right leaning news takes the left leaning news and acts like Mueller himself told the "journalists" (some of them are hardly), that he's going after Trump.

The reality is that Mueller has not done anything at all that makes him a partisan hack. I'll say the same thing whether it leads to Trump getting ousted or leads to nothing or leads to finding the Democrats organized it all and are truly the bad guys. Can't say the same for some other members on here though which mirrors a lot of opinions in the real world, which is sad.

The truth is that we won't know shit until the party is over.

A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked. (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #6 of 73 Old December 6th, 2017, 05:19 PM
US Air Force (retired)
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,491
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
The media has been all over this. Mueller fired Peter Strzok. There appears to be ample evidence that Strzok hated Trump, loved Clinton and as the lead FBI investigator into Clinton's server protected her from prosecution by changing the wording in the FBI findings. His fingers are all over the place. He was the FBI official that launched the original Trump/Russian investigation based on the now discredited DNC dossier. Strzok is also the agent that Flynn supposedly lied to.
FBI agent dismissed from Mueller probe changed Comey description of Clinton - CNNPolitics
https://nypost.com/2017/12/04/fbi-ag...-clinton-memo/
https://nypost.com/2017/12/05/double...d-accountable/

Mueller firing him seems to indicate that Mueller doesn't want obvious partisan hacks on his team. Its unfortunate that Strzok is still in the FBI. I would assume that the FBI wouldn't want partisan agents either. Strzok now has the media's attention so I'm sure more will be discovered.
JohnC and Woodman like this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
Eagle2000GT is offline  
post #7 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic
 
Woodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 4,562
               
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
The media has been all over this. Mueller fired Peter Strzok. There appears to be ample evidence that Strzok hated Trump, loved Clinton and as the lead FBI investigator into Clinton's server protected her from prosecution by changing the wording in the FBI findings. His fingers are all over the place. He was the FBI official that launched the original Trump/Russian investigation based on the now discredited DNC dossier. Strzok is also the agent that Flynn supposedly lied to.
FBI agent dismissed from Mueller probe changed Comey description of Clinton - CNNPolitics
https://nypost.com/2017/12/04/fbi-ag...-clinton-memo/
https://nypost.com/2017/12/05/double...d-accountable/

Mueller firing him seems to indicate that Mueller doesn't want obvious partisan hacks on his team. Its unfortunate that Strzok is still in the FBI. I would assume that the FBI wouldn't want partisan agents either. Strzok now has the media's attention so I'm sure more will be discovered.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Once you bring up the facts, that Strzok got fired for cherry picking things (that weren't even true) to throw at Trump, the FBI let Clinton off for things that were actually true. And yet, it's somehow acceptable?

How about Al Franken's Kinda, sorta, maybe I'll resign, I'll decide in a few weeks after I get key votes in, but I'm not really sorry, because that's not how I remember things, but every woman needs to be heard, so his completely BS I'll decide when to resign when I do speech was just lip service. It's an insult, and yet, people are STILL defending him.

I don't defend Trump, I think he's an asshole, but that's pretty much all I can say about it. I can deal with an asshole in charge of the executive branch, won't be the first asshole in charge, won't be the last. But damn, how can anyone defend Al "I stole the election with a trunk full of votes we just found in Virginia, MN" Franken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
Woodman is offline  
post #8 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 04:07 AM
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,564
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Once you bring up the facts, that Strzok got fired for cherry picking things (that weren't even true) to throw at Trump, the FBI let Clinton off for things that were actually true. And yet, it's somehow acceptable?
Not sure what you want here. The guy was fired... and you're complaining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
How about Al Franken's Kinda, sorta, maybe I'll resign, I'll decide in a few weeks after I get key votes in, but I'm not really sorry, because that's not how I remember things, but every woman needs to be heard, so his completely BS I'll decide when to resign when I do speech was just lip service. It's an insult, and yet, people are STILL defending him.
There's been unanimous calls for him to resign (and he finally did). Not sure where this well of support is you speak of. But meanwhile we've got Trump supporting a child fucker because he needs the vote. Not support in a "well we'll leave it up to him to step down" way.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
post #9 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 12:40 PM
US Air Force (retired)
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,491
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
As more and more information comes out it appears the Democratic administration was one of the most corrupt in recent years. Not corrupt as it gives favors to its friends. I'm sure that happened. But corrupt as in using the force of government against political opponents. First, it was Obama's IRS targeting conservative groups. Now it appears the FBI and DOJ are involved. News is only trickling out but Strzok is knee deep as a political operative within the FBI. Now it appears Bruce Ohr in the DOJ has been demoted for contacts with Fusion GPS and the former British spy Christopher Steele who prepared the Russian dossier.

The completely discredited Russian dossier, which was financed by the DNC and Clinton campaign is now called opposition research by them, was the basis for the FISA warrant to ease drop on Trump's personnel.
Top DOJ official demoted amid probe of contacts with Trump dossier firm | Fox News
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...stopher-steel/
JohnC likes this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
Eagle2000GT is offline  
post #10 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 01:05 PM
missippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,177
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
Not sure what you want here. The guy was fired... and you're complaining?



There's been unanimous calls for him to resign (and he finally did). Not sure where this well of support is you speak of. But meanwhile we've got Trump supporting a child fucker because he needs the vote. Not support in a "well we'll leave it up to him to step down" way.
Efforts are futile. No matter what happens, if it doesn't favor Trump and his crew, it's going to be a democratic-orchestrated conspiracy. Trust has been eroded on the right in all institutions that don't support their ideology. When you've removed trust from all of these institutions, nothing else makes sense except for the Infowars type narrative-pushers.

Get ready for "there is no evidence of Moore's transgressions and there is a picture of Al Franken" response even though there's equal evidence of Moore being a fucking perv written on a 14 year old's yearbook. Nothing matters anymore. They will support a pedophile because otherwise they'd have to have a dirty liberal. A kiddy diddler that espouses Christian values. It's truly amazing to see the delusion of these people. I wish the stories in the bible were true so Jesus could come back down to earth and smack these dumb fucks all the way down to the gates of hell for being the ultimate hypocrites. Just hope that McConnell will stand behind his words and put an ethics committee on him once he gets elected instead of just giving it all lip service like they usually do.

"Post-Truth" is not just a funny meme, it's literally our current reality.
T-Lee. 30 likes this.

A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked. (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #11 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 01:35 PM
US Air Force (retired)
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,491
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
I'm staying out of the Moore discussion. I have no idea who is lying and who isn't. According to some comments many of the accusers are tired to decisions detrimental to them that he made as a judge. I don't know it is just something I heard. It is also curious that the accusations come from so long ago. Why didn't this come out before now? And, it doesn't help that some of the evidence has been doctored by the accusers.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on down there. And, the decision isn't up to me. It isn't up to New York or Seattle. It is up to the voters in Alabama to sort it out.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
Eagle2000GT is offline  
post #12 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 01:39 PM
missippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,177
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
"All evidence is most likely not actually real in all situations that make Republicans look like pieces of shit"

Y'all really need to start holding yourselves to some god damned consistency.

"The Al Franken photo was doctored. Haven't you seen the photos of the same lady sexually assaulting tons of other people on the same USO tour on stage in front of crowds of people? She obviously doesn't give a shit. Why didn't she bring the issue up sooner? She's not just a Sean Hannity puppet on Fox News"

Back and forth, back and forth - this kind of manipulation can be done to everyone, but it's always those on the right using it to convince themselves that they're correct 100% of the time. But of course, all the dirt brought up on Democrats is true and they've infiltrated every aspect of government from the Supreme Court to the FBI to the CIA to the IRS blah blah blah. Sweet jesus we're truly fucked.

A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked. (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #13 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 04:12 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,180
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
I'm staying out of the Moore discussion........



I have no idea who is lying and who isn't. According to some comments many of the accusers are tired to decisions detrimental to them that he made as a judge. I don't know it is just something I heard. It is also curious that the accusations come from so long ago. Why didn't this come out before now? And, it doesn't help that some of the evidence has been doctored by the accusers.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on down there. .

Lmao. Is that what the hell you call staying out of the Moore discussion?! By stating you are staying out of it and then just floating those little comments out there. Smh..
socialist and Sixpointslow like this.

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
post #14 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
 
nileppezdel77!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 5,502
               
Garage
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
Obama's IRS targeting conservative groups.

Conservative groups AND pro-Palestine groups. Eugh, the conservative victim complex. One set of groups was advocating for 9-12 Project bullshit and tax protesting, the other is trying to advocate for the rights of people subjected to life in a militarily occupied territory by colonialists supported by the US. What was done was fuuuucked up, minimizing the fact that the targeted harassment by the IRS was conducted against progressive groups that are opposed to neo-liberal concerns by claiming it was purely partisan along standard party lines is just playing that tired conservative victim card. Obama and his neo-lib ilk had no quibbles punching left.


Oh, and "Why didn't this come out before now?" is such a tired excuse to ignore the issue. It's because of exactly what you are doing now! Defaming and fabricating or propagating false claims that are intended to discredit them! This is why victims of abuse don't come forward! Because when they do, they get to endure the parade of shit by people who don't WANT to believe them, not because of any evidentiary concerns, but because it frustrates the preconceived worldview. I mean, shit, you've got assholes like James O'Keefe completely fabricating abuse claims just to muddy the waters for people with legitimate claims - because it works. It allows people who just don't want to believe that someone Godly and on their side would do bad things and any smidgeon of doubt that they can latch onto becomes

I'm really frustrated by the idea that sexual assault and harassment is a partisan issue.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
"The Al Franken photo was doctored. Haven't you seen the photos of the same lady sexually assaulting tons of other people on the same USO tour on stage in front of crowds of people? She obviously doesn't give a shit. Why didn't she bring the issue up sooner? She's not just a Sean Hannity puppet on Fox News"
I shivered. That's good satire. I really hope there aren't people out there being this stupid. Although... Pelosi bent over backwards on the Conyers thing... Then again, she's a lizard person without empathy, so that makes sense.
T-Lee. 30 and socialist like this.



'01 GT Convertible
Maximum Motorsports TQA|PHB|FLSFC|LCA|Coilovers
D&D T56 Magnum; Cobra R Brakes; Sparco Seats
Tuned by Mustang Magic and so much other stuff

'16 Fiesta ST
Cobb FMIC, Turbo-back exhaust, RMM and Air Filter
Tuned by Stratified
nileppezdel77! is offline  
post #15 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 04:52 PM
missippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,177
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileppezdel77! View Post
Conservative groups AND pro-Palestine groups. Eugh, the conservative victim complex. One set of groups was advocating for 9-12 Project bullshit and tax protesting, the other is trying to advocate for the rights of people subjected to life in a militarily occupied territory by colonialists supported by the US. What was done was fuuuucked up, minimizing the fact that the targeted harassment by the IRS was conducted against progressive groups that are opposed to neo-liberal concerns by claiming it was purely partisan along standard party lines is just playing that tired conservative victim card. Obama and his neo-lib ilk had no quibbles punching left.


Oh, and "Why didn't this come out before now?" is such a tired excuse to ignore the issue. It's because of exactly what you are doing now! Defaming and fabricating or propagating false claims that are intended to discredit them! This is why victims of abuse don't come forward! Because when they do, they get to endure the parade of shit by people who don't WANT to believe them, not because of any evidentiary concerns, but because it frustrates the preconceived worldview. I mean, shit, you've got assholes like James O'Keefe completely fabricating abuse claims just to muddy the waters for people with legitimate claims - because it works. It allows people who just don't want to believe that someone Godly and on their side would do bad things and any smidgeon of doubt that they can latch onto becomes

I'm really frustrated by the idea that sexual assault and harassment is a partisan issue.
God forgives Christian pedophiles for sexually assaulting and potentially raping children. God does NOT forgive dirty liberals and their baby murdering.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileppezdel77! View Post
I shivered. That's good satire. I really hope there aren't people out there being this stupid. Although... Pelosi bent over backwards on the Conyers thing... Then again, she's a lizard person without empathy, so that makes sense.
Oh this is most definitely what some people are doing. To go full partisan: https://verifiedpolitics.com/rest-ph...-just-emerged/

Plenty of evidence of her not seeming to mind the attention much and doing a little groping of her own.

Now, I wouldn't personally use this as evidence to discredit her. If she was an unwilling participant, then that's still sexual assault. But since GOP tactics utilize this sort of shit, might as well throw it out there as well even though blatant evidence of hypocrisy doesn't sway GOP voters.

And oh yeah, Al Franken resigned and was called out by his fellow democrats. Moore? He's been called out by some Republican politicians, but he's also gotten $170,000 from the GOP and is being backed by Trump and other party members and is NOT resigning. So yeah, Party of Family Values (TM)? Give me a fucking break.

A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked. (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #16 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
 
nileppezdel77!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 5,502
               
Garage
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
Oh this is most definitely what some people are doing. To go full partisan: https://verifiedpolitics.com/rest-ph...-just-emerged/

Plenty of evidence of her not seeming to mind the attention much and doing a little groping of her own.
My, apparently hot, take: Even a harasser can be harassed - and that's still not something our society should condone and definitely isn't justification. She's a creep and so is he. Just more proof that the whole culture is toxic.
socialist likes this.



'01 GT Convertible
Maximum Motorsports TQA|PHB|FLSFC|LCA|Coilovers
D&D T56 Magnum; Cobra R Brakes; Sparco Seats
Tuned by Mustang Magic and so much other stuff

'16 Fiesta ST
Cobb FMIC, Turbo-back exhaust, RMM and Air Filter
Tuned by Stratified
nileppezdel77! is offline  
post #17 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 05:31 PM
missippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,177
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileppezdel77! View Post
My, apparently hot, take: Even a harasser can be harassed - and that's still not something our society should condone and definitely isn't justification. She's a creep and so is he. Just more proof that the whole culture is toxic.
Correct. Like I said, I don't agree with it being used as evidence that Franken is somehow innocent (because that's not what it is).

I'm using it as an example of idiotic hypocritical smear tactics that are employed by GOPers all. the. fuckin. time. Both sides are capable of doing it, but it seems substantially more prominent from one side - the side that acts like their morals outweigh everyone else's. At least Franken is stepping down in the face of controversy. The GOP supporters, on the other hand, are doubling down on their guys.

So between the whataboutism and the deliberate deflection (evidence is doctored, investigative bodies are lying, etc etc), they've convinced themselves that sexual abusers on the right are actually okay, but the ones on the left are definitely guilty.

A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked. (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #18 of 73 Old December 8th, 2017, 07:27 PM
US Air Force (retired)
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,491
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileppezdel77! View Post
Conservative groups AND pro-Palestine groups. Eugh, the conservative victim complex. One set of groups was advocating for 9-12 Project bullshit and tax protesting, the other is trying to advocate for the rights of people subjected to life in a militarily occupied territory by colonialists supported by the US. What was done was fuuuucked up, minimizing the fact that the targeted harassment by the IRS was conducted against progressive groups that are opposed to neo-liberal concerns by claiming it was purely partisan along standard party lines is just playing that tired conservative victim card. Obama and his neo-lib ilk had no quibbles punching left.
Your foolish tirade aside. My first response was "What the hell are you talking about?" You posted no references. You and a couple of others do this all the time. You rant and rave about things assuming that everyone has read the same thing you have. So I had to go looking.

OK. I found something. It say in a third audit (link to the audit report dated September 28, 2017). The audit is a detailed report mostly about the criteria that was used by the IRS. The IRS had separate criteria for each group so I went to the "Progressive" link. Four groups were delayed processing. Three were resolved in just under a year. One took 1,213 days. That didn't seem to apply to the discussion so I went to the "Occupy Territory Advocacy" tab. The audit found three.

I then jumped down to the "The IRS Analysis of Political Leanings..." tab.
Quote:
Of the 83 (c)(3) cases, slightly over half appear to be appear to be conservative leaning groups based solely on name. The remainder do not obviously lean to either side of the political spectrum.

Of the 199 (c)(4) cases, approximately 3/4 appear to be conservative leaning while fewer than 10 appear to be liberal/progressive groups based solely on name. The remainder do not obviously lean to either side of the political spectrum.
https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/audit...01710054fr.pdf

I skimming through the report I couldn't find any clear statements of who was delayed and who wasn't. I couldn't find any reference to Tea Party either so maybe that was a part of previous audits.

NPR reports:
Quote:
Now, in the third audit of how the tax-exempt application process went off the rails, the Treasury Department's inspector general overseeing the IRS has found the agency targeted not just conservatives but also scores of groups with words like "progressive" in their names.
https://www.npr.org/2017/10/05/55597...ogressives-too

I didn't realize that 10 equated to scores. It is actually a half-score. I didn't read the full report. Perhaps there were scores total in all of the categories but not scores with progressive in their names

In a 2013 Washington Post article, Lerner admits to targeting conservatives.
Quote:
During that period, about 75 groups were selected for extra inquiry — including burdensome questionnaires and, in some cases, improper requests for the names of their donors — simply because of the words in their names, she said in a conference call with reporters.

They constituted about one-quarter of the 300 groups who were flagged for additional analysis by employees of the IRS tax-exempt unit’s main office in Cincinnati.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.b0d7d81099b4

I had not heard about the other groups. It was interesting that three Occupy Territory Advocacy groups were set aside for extra scrutiny.
nileppezdel77! likes this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1

Last edited by Eagle2000GT; December 8th, 2017 at 10:57 PM.
Eagle2000GT is offline  
post #19 of 73 Old December 9th, 2017, 02:11 AM
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,564
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
I'm staying out of the Moore discussion. I have no idea who is lying and who isn't. According to some comments many of the accusers are tired to decisions detrimental to them that he made as a judge. I don't know it is just something I heard. It is also curious that the accusations come from so long ago. Why didn't this come out before now? And, it doesn't help that some of the evidence has been doctored by the accusers.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on down there. And, the decision isn't up to me. It isn't up to New York or Seattle. It is up to the voters in Alabama to sort it out.
Curious? It's curious? Maybe because even in ultra-liberal-to-you-2017 society tends to blame victims in these kinds of circumstances.

"She shouldn't have been wearing those cloths."

"She shouldn't have sent mixed signals."

"She ruined his career."

"She shouldn't dress like an older girl."

Or, you know, the obvious power dynamic of an adult in a position such as assistant D.A. versus a teenage girl in the late 1970's. This guy has creep written all the fuck over him.

And staying out of it? lol... T-Lee hit the nail on the head.
T-Lee. 30 likes this.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
post #20 of 73 Old December 9th, 2017, 08:08 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Novanutcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 6,088
               
iTrader: 0 reviews
Eagle,

You're an accountant right? Tell me the definition of a 501 C3 or C4 entity......

You'll find that within that definition you get this for C3's:

"In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates."

Action as in Political Action Committee.

For C4's you get this:

"To be tax-exempt as a social welfare organization described in Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 501(c)(4), an organization must not be organized for profit and must be operated exclusively to promote social welfare."

You would think that this passage in the IRS code would give Super PACS all they need to operate under this entity except for this:

"The promotion of social welfare does not include direct or indirect participation or intervention in political campaigns on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office. However, a section 501(c)(4) social welfare organization may engage in some political activities, so long as that is not its primary activity."

Apparently these Super PACS organized as 501 C4's are using these entities claiming that political lobbying is advancing social welfare and that their primary activities are not lobbying when it's apparent that that is their SOLE reason for existing. Your claims of IRS bias would mean that these entities would not be allowed yet they are operating so I would counter by saying they actually FAVORED these entities by allowing them to operate illegally.

Also, if you were the IRS director and you wanted to keep these groups from forming illegal entities what would be the best method of identifying them? How about you look at the title of the entity and look for words like Freedom/America/Conservative/Liberal, etc. in the name which would help in identifying these illegal entities so your claim that their was bias was simply them flagging illegal operations but of course Fox News and Conservative radio saw the red meat they could use to rile up the constituency so they went ahead and fabricated the lie so that team players like you could eat it up.

John

SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
Novanutcase is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome